Should or should we not sell Del Piero? (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
You guys always prech about loyalty this and loyalty that, how about your loyalty to the players? Once he is not performing like you want him to, you want the guy out. The players that were being bandied about to take his place like miccolli, mutu and zlatan, have all left. Kinda makes you look foolish when you question an icon

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #393
    Dude, get some perspective already.

Del Piero's contributions are few and far between, if anything. And they certainly dont come through in big games, if they did, trust me thats all the justification he'd need to stay on the team. He's still damn good? Are you sure your watching the current season? As far as his experience goes, i dont think that translates to anything on the pitch. That probably comes in handy on the training ground, where we've also got the likes of Thuram, Canna and Nedved. Think about it, Dp's actually living on former glory and taking up a place in the squad, which could go to someone more deserving, someone who can actually add extra value to the squad. As of now we're holding ourselves back, the more we decide to keep Dp in the squad. We've got people working harder on the pitch to make up for his inadequacies, when it should really be the other way around. Dont give me any of the he's our symbol theory, coz we've had loads of symbols before him, and we've coped. Dont see how things are about to be any different.
    Ouch, it looks like you should have had some perspective :D.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    i thnk we should keep him and show respect like milan have done for maldini and costacurta. but certainly in the next few years consider a real replacement.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
    It woudnt be fair to him, hes age is high so his price on the market isnt high( for us is he a icon, but for other teams can be worth 10- 13 mil. max). But it seems we get rid of him, like we do with Trez, Camo, and others and are bringing these shitty players in..

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
    WTF!!!!
    I just saw this thread!! I can't believe this thread exists!! I was eating and I actually choked....I swear

Who started this crap?

Juve without Alex is like our home shirt without stripes.....like playing football without a ball....WTFF!!

Sigh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)