Short Vacation (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
After a disastrous performance in the CL & knowing that we faced Milan next I decided it was time for a short break and this is what I did. I went to watch the Safari Rally which was being held at the coastal resort of Mombasa. I passed through our capital city Nairobi for a 1 night stopover and covered the remaining 500km the next day. All in all it was very refreshing & am now back.
Here are a few pics:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    I spent an early night in Nairobi to prepare for the ardous journey ahead.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    Took a few minutes to get acquainted with the ocean.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    The Safari is as unpredictable as ever ...

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    no erik, that's just where YOU live :)

Ali, great pics...but what about the rally? and the safari animals :excited: :)

edit: nevermind about the rally

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Especially compared to the dump I live in :sigh:
    If only we had half the infra structure in your place we would be living in heaven Erik. Our roads & communications sucks big time.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Hey deej :) Long time. This was a trip for the Safari Rally & I forgot to carry the charger for the camera :wallbang: Took only a few pics.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    If only we had half the infra structure in your place we would be living in heaven Erik. Our roads & communications sucks big time.
    It's not as great as you might think. Too crowded country here. With 500 people per square kilometer, traffic jams are more rule than exception. Did I mention I hardly ever get to sit down on the train? Always all seats are taken.

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    It's not as great as you might think. Too crowded country here. With 500 people per square kilometer, traffic jams are more rule than exception. Did I mention I hardly ever get to sit down on the train? Always all seats are taken.
    500 per sq km is dense indeed. In some places we went we could hardly see a soul for kilometres on end.

Deej on this trip I got to see Elephants, Zebras, Antelopes, Warthogs & many more animals but was saving the battery for the rally.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

Oh Holland is beautiful. I find Amsterdam the most romantic city in the world (together with Paris). Three years back I was accepted by the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus, but unfortunately never went there...

Den Haag is great too- a beautiful city, nice people, great beaches!, prices in the Red Light Distric are three time lower than in Amsterdam! (at least when I was there 4 years ago).

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
    Oh Holland is beautiful. I find Amsterdam the most romantic city in the world (together with Paris). Three years back I was accepted by the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus, but unfortunately never went there...

Den Haag is great too- a beautiful city, nice people, great beaches!, prices in the Red Light Distric are three time lower than in Amsterdam! (at least when I was there 4 years ago).
    Aha! :D

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Check out the expanse beyond the car Erik.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)