Short Vacation (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
After a disastrous performance in the CL & knowing that we faced Milan next I decided it was time for a short break and this is what I did. I went to watch the Safari Rally which was being held at the coastal resort of Mombasa. I passed through our capital city Nairobi for a 1 night stopover and covered the remaining 500km the next day. All in all it was very refreshing & am now back.
Here are a few pics:

OP
OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I spent an early night in Nairobi to prepare for the ardous journey ahead.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
no erik, that's just where YOU live :)

Ali, great pics...but what about the rally? and the safari animals :excited: :)

edit: nevermind about the rally

OP
OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Especially compared to the dump I live in :sigh:
If only we had half the infra structure in your place we would be living in heaven Erik. Our roads & communications sucks big time.

OP
OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Hey deej :) Long time. This was a trip for the Safari Rally & I forgot to carry the charger for the camera :wallbang: Took only a few pics.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
If only we had half the infra structure in your place we would be living in heaven Erik. Our roads & communications sucks big time.
It's not as great as you might think. Too crowded country here. With 500 people per square kilometer, traffic jams are more rule than exception. Did I mention I hardly ever get to sit down on the train? Always all seats are taken.

OP
OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It's not as great as you might think. Too crowded country here. With 500 people per square kilometer, traffic jams are more rule than exception. Did I mention I hardly ever get to sit down on the train? Always all seats are taken.
500 per sq km is dense indeed. In some places we went we could hardly see a soul for kilometres on end.

Deej on this trip I got to see Elephants, Zebras, Antelopes, Warthogs & many more animals but was saving the battery for the rally.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

Oh Holland is beautiful. I find Amsterdam the most romantic city in the world (together with Paris). Three years back I was accepted by the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus, but unfortunately never went there...

Den Haag is great too- a beautiful city, nice people, great beaches!, prices in the Red Light Distric are three time lower than in Amsterdam! (at least when I was there 4 years ago).

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
Oh Holland is beautiful. I find Amsterdam the most romantic city in the world (together with Paris). Three years back I was accepted by the Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus, but unfortunately never went there...

Den Haag is great too- a beautiful city, nice people, great beaches!, prices in the Red Light Distric are three time lower than in Amsterdam! (at least when I was there 4 years ago).
Aha! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)