Shooting in USA-thread. (2 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Is it true he told the students to stand up if they are christians and then shot them? Bit bizzare. Like he ran out of reasons to do this, and decided to fixate on that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Indeed @Enron, copy cat is the ideal word. Its the whole culture around violence and how you glorify it as a society.

Its big fantasy type of way for losers and crazies to go out, big scenario media helped build up, so you will keep seeing this happen, even with better gun control. Even if it would help to be stricter instead basically shop guns while you buy your burritos type of fare as it is in big parts of the country. Easier to jump to that option for crazies when they dont have to go through any hoops or checks I guess. Can defenitely limit this and make it harder. But this is for the crazies part, actual criminals will find their guns regardless on strictness or not.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Indeed @Enron, copy cat is the ideal word. Its the whole culture around violence and how you glorify it as a society.

Its big fantasy type of way for losers and crazies to go out, big scenario media helped build up, so you will keep seeing this happen, even with better gun control. Even if it would help to be stricter instead basically shop guns while you buy your burritos type of fare as it is in big parts of the country. Easier to jump to that option for crazies when they dont have to go through any hoops or checks I guess. Can defenitely limit this and make it harder. But this is for the crazies part, actual criminals will find their guns regardless on strictness or not.
I don't mind criminals shooting and killing each other. Happens in almost every country on earth.

Crazies having access to guns and slaughtering innocents for fun is totally fucked though. And no other first world nation on earth has the same amount of mass shootings as America.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well, some here would say we need to arm all students better in this situation.

I think we should go a step further and give guns to the homeless.
That will never work.

You can't just let people have guns. You have to make it mandatory to carry your gun loaded and pointed at whomever you can see at all times, finger on the trigger. Safety at last.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That will never work.

You can't just let people have guns. You have to make it mandatory to carry your gun loaded and pointed at whomever you can see at all times, finger on the trigger. Safety at last.
There is a town in Georgia where it is illegal not to own a weapon.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Well, some here would say we need to arm all students better in this situation.

I think we should go a step further and give guns to the homeless.

Yeah.
I don't really understand that way of thinking. More guns equals better safety? No guns at all would guarantee you better safety, in that case people should get their hands on illegal guns which seems a bit more unlikely.

--

After the school shootings here the gun laws have been tightened a lot (not sure if it's really a lot). But it's not like I wouldn't know where to get illegal gun if I wanted to go shoot someone at the mall or something.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't really understand that way of thinking. More guns equals better safety? No guns at all would guarantee you better safety, in that case people should get their hands on illegal guns which seems a bit more unlikely.
It's the idea that an armed society is a civil society. It's sort of the mutually-assured-destruction defense strategy of the Cold War applied to individuals. And as we all know, the height of the Cold War was some of the best times in the world, right. ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

--

After the school shootings here the gun laws have been tightened a lot (not sure if it's really a lot). But it's not like I wouldn't know where to get illegal gun if I wanted to go shoot someone at the mall or something.
It's the idea that an armed society is a civil society. It's sort of the mutually-assured-destruction defense strategy of the Cold War applied to individuals. And as we all know, the height of the Cold War was some of the best times in the world, right. ;)

I'm in favour of very strict gun control. I think it would prevent a lot of accidents with children or people not used to handling guns firing on accident.

But gun control is not what is going to stop a terrorist or a psycho killing students. It won't hurt as at least it will be more difficult to get a gun, but trust me, they'll get it somehow. America's biggest problem is the amount of psychos, not guns.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yea, it's not guns that kill people, people kill people. It's still true.
It's just silly that it has become a pro gun argument. There is no need for the average urban family to have a gun in their home. And the odds of your toddler accidentally shooting someone with it are probably bigger than you saving your family from a horrific homejacking.

- - - Updated - - -

so what's the solution? remove the people, leave the guns?
Remove the guns, educate the people. I don't know why this is even up for debate.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Remove the guns, educate the people. I don't know why this is even up for debate.
But companies that produce guns would lost their income. And educating people costs a lot of money. So America would lose money a lot. That's the real problem USA is facing, it's about money, not so much about moral.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But companies that produce guns would lost their income. And educating people costs a lot of money. So America would lose money a lot. That's the real problem USA is facing, it's about money, not so much about moral.
I doubt the current model makes much sense economically speaking. Psychos cost society a lot of money. And to make matters worse they inspire new generations of psychos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)