Sheva injured.For how long? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Will he miss both matches for sure? :down:

I'm glad in a way that Milan's attack has been reduced to about 2% of its normal potency, but also sad in a way, not only cos Sheva's such an awesome player, but I always want the Italian teams to represent in the Champions League

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
I dun really care that much how milan do in the CL... but Shevchenko is a respectable competitor... its a pity that he got injured... saying that, we also got our top Scorer injured early this season ( Trez ) so this would balance out somehow...

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
I dun really care that much how milan do in the CL... but Shevchenko is a respectable competitor... its a pity that he got injured... saying that, we also got our top Scorer injured early this season ( Trez ) so this would balance out somehow...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Milan's costly slip ups

The last thing AC Milan needed was an injury to its most prolific striker as it slipped eight points adrift of Serie A.

Successive 1-0 league defeats to Livorno and Bologna have put a major dent in the Rossoneri's Scudetto hopes while European Footballer of the Year Andriy Schevchenko was hurt in a crunching tackle on Sunday.

However, the Ukraine ace could be back on deck as soon as next weekend with initial fears of a long-term injury allayed.

"It was a strong challenge, but the injury doesn't seem too serious," Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "It's difficult to see him playing on Wednesday at Messina, but I hope to have him available for next Sunday [against Lazio]."

With the knockout phase of the Champions League commencing later this month, Ancelotti will have his fingers crossed that his star forward is fit and raring to go.

"Shevchenko has a big gash," Milan doctor Jean Pierre Meersseman said on Sunday. "The ankle isn't swollen, but he feels bad. We will have to wait until tomorrow to make a more precise diagnosis."

Meanwhile, Argentine striker Hernan Crespo believes luck has played a part in Milan's recent run of outs.

"We are not going through a crisis in terms of our play but in terms of getting results," Crespo explained.

"In the last week, our rivals have been able to find the target while we have hit the crossbar, the post and found defenders' legs that have cleared the ball on the goal line."

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Yep, I wouldnt want us to play Milan without him, we want them at full strenth, when we beat them!

1-1 San Siro

2-1 Old Trafford!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)