Serie hahaha: Juventus vs Bovines [Feb. 26th 2008] (6 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
My MOM was Camo. he was the one starting all our sheezy goin up. I think had Trez been there, his build up play would've paid off. Plying him in the middle was a good idea

I still maintain the perspective I had of Sissoko, even when he was at Pool. He just cannot pass successfully to a person more than 3 meters away. I really hated the feeling of knowing that he's gonna fuk up when there was no one close to him to receive the ball.

I was so sickened by seeing Palla come of for Nocerino as we clearly needed something extra to get a goal and we clearly were'nt gonna get it from Noce. Contrary 2 my expectations - Toro started pressing us more when we added him in

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
things look really bad, we're dropping points at the wrong time of the season. Three wins against reggina, toro and fiorentina were/are essential for our season but pissed away two great chances already.

Back to the game, we were visibly tired from the beginning but that is not an excuse for this horrible performance by the players and the coach. Expectedly the game was rigid and tough in the midfield with a lot of fouls and high tension. The team was not prepared and many people highlighted that as a very important point for success.

Toro had the better game considering all aspects and if Novellino had more balls things would've been changed for them.

It wasn't about the formation imo, we had all our creative players on the field with complete freedom, but we couldn't create one clear chance in 90 minutes. We needed more mental toughness and fight in the midfield, and more importantly better use of our set pieces which was just awful. We had so many corners, free kicks but not one was remotely dangerous.

Ratings-

Gigi-Didn't have to do much but it was good seeing him back.

zebina- He had an up and down game. He was decent offensively more with his runs than his crosses. Defensively i thought he wasn't up to it, many toro attacks came through his side. He ventured forward but forgot to cover at some times. Overall he is still the best full back we have.

Legro- The little mistakes with positioning are creeping back to his game and hes doing many unnecessary fouls. Can't complain overall imo, as he covers and marks well. He can still regain his form though.

Chiellini- Top game by him. He is one of the reasons why Molinaro is still in the team, because we need him the middle of that defense.He was also smarter with his challenges last night.

Molinaro- I always try to be objective when speaking about him. I defended him on the basis that there was steady improvement as well as some good defensive displays. Last night threw all that out of the window, he had an awful game on both ends of the pitch. We all agree that hes not starter material, but right now we can't change chiellini's position and am afraid brazzo isn't an improvement.

Camo-Although he played very well in the middle with his crisp passing and the runs. Hes performing well in that position and at least he tried doing something while getting kicked everytime he received the ball.

sissoko-Reasonable game by him but lost the ball way too much because he was trying too much. In his defense, toro defenders put that pressure on our players and he needed to make passes he can't complete. Ran pretty hard and what i liked about him is that he always offers assistance to the midfield players or the forwards. He still needs to improve his passing.

palladino-Terrible game, couldn't shake out the markers and couldn't do something different from the wing position like cutting inside. We all said he needs to be more consistent, take the chances hes getting as well as step his overall game or he will be replaced next season or relegated to the bench. And the dive was the cherry on the cake.

neddy-He tried hard as usual but couldn't impose himself on the game and got frustrated with that. He had a lot of freedom to perform, but couldn't get his shots in i think he had only one which he should've passes instead shooting. Ultimately it got to his head and acted on it. Its not something that neddy didn't do in the past but its just the wrong timing.

Alex-Not his best performance and especially from the set piece work. Was unlucky not to score on the end but his corners were very and that last free kick just pissed me off. Hes been playing above expectations and pushing himself hard, we can't expect miracles every game.

Iaquinta- Worked hard but it wasn't his game.Had a couple of half chances but they weren't easy at all. We needed him more in the box than out of it. Could play better than that.

noce- shouldn't have played, and what was he thinking with that dive.Had half a chance as well but he wasn't going to score it.

Ranieri- Its always a risk playing with all the attacking/creative players from the start. It was a bigger risk since two of the five players were playing out of position.It worked against roma but different games have different circumstances and i think he should've kept an ace up his sleeve for this one.
Tiago is still a mystery,i understand not playing him against roma or udinese but this game he should've played as nocerino was a wrong choice and sissoko wasn't playing that well anyway. Its just so annoying that he can't perform better with his subs.We needed camo on the wing instead of the middle as he is our best winger.And finally our set pieces, we have so many players that could head the ball but we got one glance on their from our corners.At least some variation should be introduced( something i saw in the beginning of the season from our corners)

Its been a frustrating week, i just hope we see improvement on the weekend.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
what injury trez is suffering from will he back for fiorentina game
It was said a zillion times already. He has the flu and he will recover in time for Fiorentina match.

Fiorentina, Genoa and napoli .... I can see us being in 5th soon.
:shifty: Genoa and Napoli are 15 points behind us. :crazy:

Juventus

Buffon – 6.0: Did not have too many saves of note to make during the game. Was a statue as Rosina’s free-kick hit the bar.

Zebina - 6.0: Seemed very reluctant to go forward, but largely defended well, even if Rosina caused him some problems in the second half.

Legrottaglie – 6.0: Was given a real headache from the workaholic Stellone, but largely stood firm.

Chiellini - 6.5: Chiellini is just the kind of player you want in your team in a derby and he offered a typical committed performance tonight. Booked and will miss the Fiorentina game at the weekend.

Molinaro – 4.5: His positional sense reminds me of a Sunday league left-back I used to play with a few years ago. Believe me this is not a good comparison as my former team-mate once got substituted after just 10 minutes because he was playing so poor.

Palladino - 5.0: It really is a mystery why Palladino plays so badly for Juventus, when we all saw how brilliant he was for Italy against Portugal earlier this month.

Camoranesi – 7.5: Camoranesi played in a new role in the centre tonight, and he was the creative influence behind most of Juve’s attacks. Unfortunately most of his team-mates aren’t on the same wavelength as him.

Sissoko – 4.5: I lost count after half-an-hour how many misplaced passes he made. One ball of his went straight out of play on the full and almost cleared the Torino dugout. Gave away numerous free-kicks as well and was passive throughout.

Nedved – 7.0: Was a real driving force who tried everything to get Juventus going. Numerous efforts on goal, but he ruined his evening by getting sent off stupidly in injury-time. He will be sorely missed against Fiorentina.

Del Piero – 6.5: A poor first half but came into life after the break. One brilliant free-kick that deserved a goal, although many other set-pieces that were not so good.

Iaquinta - 5.5: Worked hard and ran the channels but ultimately had very little joy. Failed to make much of an impact.

Substitute: Nocerino – 5.5

goal.com
:wallbang: Carlo Garganese is just an biased idiot who never even watches our games. :tdown:

are Chiellini and Zanetti injured ??
Suspended. You know, yellow cards.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My MOM was Camo. he was the one starting all our sheezy goin up. I think had Trez been there, his build up play would've paid off. Plying him in the middle was a good idea

I still maintain the perspective I had of Sissoko, even when he was at Pool. He just cannot pass successfully to a person more than 3 meters away. I really hated the feeling of knowing that he's gonna fuk up when there was no one close to him to receive the ball.

I was so sickened by seeing Palla come of for Nocerino as we clearly needed something extra to get a goal and we clearly were'nt gonna get it from Noce. Contrary 2 my expectations - Toro started pressing us more when we added him in
Sissoko's passing is awful. It is truly disgraceful. The guy doesn't even look like a professional TBH. I love his commitment though and his tackling is great. I just don't see what he adds to the team. And playing with him and Nocerino when you need a goal is just plain stupid.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Juve's D-day disappointment
Wednesday 27 February, 2008

There was disappointment in the Juventus camp after yesterday’s 0-0 draw with Torino in the Derby della Mole.

An entertaining Turin derby finished in stalemate, despite a number of chances for both sides.

It was a result that effectively ends the Old Lady’s faint Scudetto hopes and adds to the frustration after last Saturday’s cruel defeat at Reggina.

“It wasn’t a good game from a technical point of view,” Claudio Ranieri lamented on Sky Sport Italia.

“Both sides were mean with the ball at their feet and tried to cut out the midfield with long balls.

“We really felt the absence of the suspended Cristiano Zanetti. Mohamed Sissoko had a good game, but Zanetti is our dynamo.

“Raffaele Palladino has such quality but he needs to find the right way to show it. He is still adapting to his new role. He needs the support of the midfield or the strikers when he goes from deep, but he was left isolated this evening.”

Juve defender Giorgio Chiellini was one of the best players on the pitch and believed that the score was a fair reflection of the game.

“They did well to keep us to 0-0,” he claimed. “We were disappointed with the result as it meant a lot to us.

“We had several chances but the score-line was fair in the end because they played excellently. It’s a shame though because we could have got more from today and Saturday.”

French stopper Jonathan Zebina blamed the draw on a lacklustre first-half performance.

“We had a horrible first half and played Torino’s football,” the former Roma man bewailed on the Juventus Channel.

“We improved in the second half, but you can’t say that we deserved to win this evening.

“Torino were dangerous and hit the bar a couple of times with Alvaro Recoba looking really menacing. We could have won or lost.

“The fact remains that we have taken just a single point from two games and we have to beat Fiorentina on Sunday to keep fighting for second place.”

Winger Mauro Camoranesi seemed more positive and is hoping that Inter beat Roma tonight.

“It was a missed opportunity, but we did our best and we have a clear conscience,” he said.

“We put them under pressure for long periods, especially at the start but we just couldn’t get the goal.

“If Roma were to lose points then it wouldn’t be bad because we are just thinking about second place – third or fourth is useless.”

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Yeah! He needs to calm down, but the thing is this man wants to give everything, he wants the best for Juve, all these frustration aren't for personal reasons, he had enough with what is going on with the team.

I said that weeks ago, while everyone were celebrating the "CL spot" already. No excuses left, no solutions left for Ranieri, just like we started to lose points weeks after other with Capello at his last days, the same is happening with Ranieri, time to go Ranieri..

That explains it all, Ranieri doesn't have any tactic, he just fields in eleven players and expect us to score from freekicks and corners, or a individual magic, just like Nedved's or Del Pie's.. Let's see what Denco still think about him.
I have told you before I am not a fan of Ranieri but someone has got to defend him.

What are you so mad at anyways? The way we play? the results? the players being played?

Unlike you I do not think this is anywhere near a good team let alone squad and if I was gonna pick a seriea team let alone world team only Buffon would get into my team.

Even though I do not like Ranieri as a manager, I try to cut him some slack as he has an aging team that has no pace and it would be a miracle for them to win midweek matches after playing over the weekend.

How would you feel if you were a Roma fan and see your team lag behind Inter Milan with the calibre of players they have and see your manager take off Vucinic when he was playing very well to bring on Cassetti?

If Ranieri had the tools and was misbehaving then I would have castigated him but though he is screwing up with his selections sometimes, he had done well whether I like him or not.

I have seen many managers including the revered Lippi make strange decisions like Legrottaglie as a midfielder in a key Cl tie against Depor

Or playing an unfit Dp as a lone striker with Nedved supporting him against Barcelona at home. How about when we were leading seriea with Trez and Di vaio having a great parnership till Lippi decided that Dp had to play and from then on we just lost the plot?

A Lot of managers misuse players lets face it as the likes of Micolli and Maresca were not given a fair time here.

Jose Mourinho is my fave managers but he used to make some strange decisions and yes he used to bail himself out but thats partly cos he had the tools.

I am not defending Ranieri just for the heck of it, i am defending him cos I feel he ahs done a very good job with what he has.

I have seen you say you want Birindelli at left back. Birindelli? come on! there is no chance in hell that he would do a better job than Molinaro. If he cannot cross with his right foot on the right win what chance has he got on the left and since when did he start to go forward with impunity?

What is Ranieri doing wrong that is pissing you guys off? And please do not say he is not playing Tiago as he is not a good player. Being good in Ligue1 does not count as Didier Zokora shone there and he is absolute shite. No offence to Ligue1 lovers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)