[Serie B] Napoli - Juventus (2006-11-06) (25 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
DD has the right attitude towards the Napoli game. However, it looks like Zebina's on the bench.

Serie B Tim - 05 Nov 2006 - 3:13 PM/Juventus.com

Deschamps: “In Napoli to win”

On the eve of the clash at the San Paolo - Monday night at 21.00 - Didier Deschamps was quizzed on the line-up, with central defensive pairing Boumsong and Kovac, Marchionni, Trezeguet and Giannichedda all unavailable. “Unfortunately some players haven’t recovered from the game on Wednesday night; the biggest problem is in defence, where I have two solutions: bring either Chiellini or Birindelli into the middle. Although Zebina is fit again, he’s not ready for a full 90 minutes and I’m not going to play him from the start”. With Trezeguet unavailable he was also asked about the attacking line-up. “I think it’s best to have a couple that complement one another, that is, a forward and an out-and-out striker”.

The journalists asked whether a draw would do. “It’s an important game, but not vital. That’s not to say we’ll be looking for a draw. We’re going there to win. Napoli are coming into the game on the back of a negative result, the stadium will be full, the atmosphere will be tense and they will want to win against Juve”. And with a somewhat different position in the standings, do Juventus run the risk of a drop in concentration? “I don’t think there’s any danger of us lacking focus in a game like this, not with a sell-out crowd and the atmosphere which that brings; perhaps it could happen against a smaller team”.

The conference ended with a look back at the TIM Cup third round tie in August, in which Napoli got the better of the Bianconeri. “Things were very different then, for us and for them. What’s more, we got a few things wrong in extra time. I might not have everyone available, but I’m not worried”.

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
as long as we contine winning we dont need penalties, binter better whatch whats happening in serie a cause the referee mistakes there are horribile, just mention samuels hands ball in inter catania..

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Michael_Cutajar said:
if we are really desparate we could play Urbano cb.

Juventus squad: Balzaretti, Birindelli, Belardi, Bojinov, Buffon, Camoranesi, Chiellini, De Ceglie, Del Piero, Guzman, Legrottaglie, Marchisio, Mirante, Nedved, Palladino, Paro, Urbano, Zalayeta, Zanetti, Zebina.

I would go with:

----------------------------Buffon----------------
Balzaretti---------Birindelli---------Legrottaglie--------Chiellini
Camoranesi-------------Paro---------Zanetti------------Nedved
---------------Del Piero------------Bojinov---------------
I don't want to be pessemistic but this is the same back line we presetned in Coppa italia against them.. All I can say is,, Ale please score as much as you can.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
Who needs PK when you've got FK I :D Forza Alex..
For real ;)

I remember in 2002-03 season, when Juve played Newcastle in CL (in Delle Alpi). The ref gave us a FK, but it had to be PK cause faul was inside the box. Anyway we got a FK, DP was gonna take it... guess what he scored, and the commentator said smth like: "It's no difference PK or FK when there's Del Piero" :D

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
hey guys, beleive it or not, ive just heard on tv that apart from boumsong, kovac, trezeguet and marchioni who have been rooled out of 2morows match, even nedved hasnt left with the squad as he is sick and he will skip tomorow's game, still not confirmed this news but tv is reliable, i cant see juventus playing well with all these absentesese when we didnt even play well when such players were available, but we might even win cause the pressure is all on them this time, so close to the top and with all the missing players its not a crucial match for us 2morow, but more for them

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I think Didier will field this lineup:

Buffon

Birindelli - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Balzaretti

Camoranesi - Paro - Zanetti - Nedved

Del Piero - Bojinov

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)