[Serie B] Napoli - Juventus (2006-11-06) (10 Viewers)

juvelandia

Sep 13, 2006
Well.... poor Legrottaglie is out *at least* till January due to a dislocated shoulder. Now it has to be decided about whether to let it heal with physioteraphy BUT risk a recurrence (like what happened with Trezeguet) or whether to go for the operation straight away (like what had to be done with Trezeguet at the end). Personally, given Legro`s role on the pitch, which sees him in constant aerial contrasts and hence at risk of an awkward fall, I think that surgery is the best option.

One final word as regards being big game chokers: Yesterday at one point during the game, the RAI International commentator said that if the game remains 1-1 it would mean that Juve would have failed "again" to beat a team which is in a high place in the table since they had already failed at Rimini !!

Well... first of all, after the first game draw against Rimini, Juve were criticised for not being able to beat a bunch of no hopers from a sea-side resort ... now they are being criticised for not being able to beat "top-of-the-table-zone" Rimini !! Its either a disgrace to draw against them because they are no-hopers or else because they are promotion contenders... but they can`t be both !!

Then... as for teams above or close to Juve, it depends on how you look at the table: with the -17 penalty, all the teams Juve won against were placed above them, no ? If the penalty was not to be taken into consideration, then the team closest to Juve would be Genoa.... at a six points distance after just 10 games !

As we are, with the -9 points, we failed to win against Rimini and Napoli who are placed third and seventh... BUT... we won AWAY against Piacenza who are placed second... and we won against Mantova who are on equal points with Napoli... so I don`t see where`s the panic... after all, the "mighty" Genoa choked home against the relegation candidates Crotone for example...

Yes... we might compare this syndrome to those of the past season(s)... the 3-1 defeat against Milan, the failures against Arsenal and Liverpool... but I guess we have to look at them from a different perspective ... the draws away to Rimini and Napoli came in two special circumstances for example... and yes, we will fail in a few other games, because most opponents have nothing to lose against Juve and because many referees are still suffering from post-Farsopoli anti-Juve syndrome (yesterday we had at least ONE CLEAR PENALTY.... and Del Piero was BUTCHERED everytime he had the ball) which allows a mediocre team to play a physical game to the limits (or just past it) to stop Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think overall Ale is probably the most fouled player in Italian football history...and he's not a pussy diver like Totti...I remmber one year Ale was fouled like 150 times...and that was till matchday 24 of the season!!!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
juvelandia said:
Well.... poor Legrottaglie is out *at least* till January due to a dislocated shoulder. Now it has to be decided about whether to let it heal with physioteraphy BUT risk a recurrence (like what happened with Trezeguet) or whether to go for the operation straight away (like what had to be done with Trezeguet at the end). Personally, given Legro`s role on the pitch, which sees him in constant aerial contrasts and hence at risk of an awkward fall, I think that surgery is the best option.

One final word as regards being big game chokers: Yesterday at one point during the game, the RAI International commentator said that if the game remains 1-1 it would mean that Juve would have failed "again" to beat a team which is in a high place in the table since they had already failed at Rimini !!

Well... first of all, after the first game draw against Rimini, Juve were criticised for not being able to beat a bunch of no hopers from a sea-side resort ... now they are being criticised for not being able to beat "top-of-the-table-zone" Rimini !! Its either a disgrace to draw against them because they are no-hopers or else because they are promotion contenders... but they can`t be both !!

Then... as for teams above or close to Juve, it depends on how you look at the table: with the -17 penalty, all the teams Juve won against were placed above them, no ? If the penalty was not to be taken into consideration, then the team closest to Juve would be Genoa.... at a six points distance after just 10 games !

As we are, with the -9 points, we failed to win against Rimini and Napoli who are placed third and seventh... BUT... we won AWAY against Piacenza who are placed second... and we won against Mantova who are on equal points with Napoli... so I don`t see where`s the panic... after all, the "mighty" Genoa choked home against the relegation candidates Crotone for example...

Yes... we might compare this syndrome to those of the past season(s)... the 3-1 defeat against Milan, the failures against Arsenal and Liverpool... but I guess we have to look at them from a different perspective ... the draws away to Rimini and Napoli came in two special circumstances for example... and yes, we will fail in a few other games, because most opponents have nothing to lose against Juve and because many referees are still suffering from post-Farsopoli anti-Juve syndrome (yesterday we had at least ONE CLEAR PENALTY.... and Del Piero was BUTCHERED everytime he had the ball) which allows a mediocre team to play a physical game to the limits (or just past it) to stop Juve.

We didn´t beat Mantova, we beat Modena.

And it doesn´t really matter we didn´t beat Napoli or Rimini. Those were away games and in both games we were unlucky.

Juventus was always known for winning Scudetto on small games (or weaker teams).

But I agree, winning against bigger teams gives you more pleasure and self-confidence.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hehe, I was wondering why the heck this thread was in the Active Thread list, but when I saw that I had to reply :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)