Serie B: Modena Vs Juventus [02/26/07] (16 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
seems like I know a thing or two about our team :eyebrows:

I cannot complain about the defense today...Modena really never threatened until late in the game, and we were luckily able to thwart their attacks.

The central midfield pair of Zanetti and Gianni did exactly what they were supposed to do, breaking up the Modena attacks in the middle of the field, and get the ball to Neddy and the forwards

Neddy and Camo did what they could out there today, but it wasnt nearly enough to put one on the scoreboard, and DP and Trez didnt add much to the offense today.

It seemed like we could do nothing, nor create anything near the Modena goal...whether DP was taking a blast from 40 yards out (with men wide open waving their hands for the ball), or the invisible man named Trezeguet, who was out of the game more than he was in. We definitely lacked ideas.

Modena sat back, but we should have been able to put a few past their keeper. I saw Modena make some very amateurish mistakes, and we didnt make them pay.

And now to our beloved coach, DesCHUMPS....he finally got a clue, and put Boji in, and what do you know....Boji won the game for us !!!

Maybe if this knucklehead would have done the right thing several games ago, we would have more points right now :agree:
:rofl: you never give up vinny..

I can not say anymore about this game, our defensive was good, but may be it was because of modena who played very negativly.

I am really very very disapointed with Trez, what the hell is he doing outthere? with trez we have one player less.. and deschamps should dare to take him out and the management should sell him and buy better strikers... Palladino and Boji are better..

I did not like the attribute of camo too, he was playing very arrogantly and did not try to win back balls he lost.. and this can very dangerous for counter attacks..

but we should be satisfied, we played much better than in the last away games.

seria A we are coming..

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Apparently you didn't watch us during the dark days of Crapello...
I did mate...
But do you think that players way of plays changed?!!
the creativity of coach i meant, is his tactics when we are in trouble ! which i think you dont disagree with me that Crapello was master in it (mostly not always), while DD .... :disagree:

cherryman

Jan 17, 2007
Buffon 7

Zebina 6
Boumsong 6,5
Chiellini 7
Balzaretti 6

Camoranesi 5,5
Zanetti 7
Giannichedda 6
Nedved 7

Del Piero 5,5
=> Bojinov 6,5
Trezeguet 6

Deschamps 4 : Why Gianichedda & no Paro? Why bring Bojinov that late in the second half? :disagree:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Buffon 7

Zebina 6
Boumsong 6,5
Chiellini 7
Balzaretti 6

Camoranesi 5,5
Zanetti 7
Giannichedda 6
Nedved 7

Del Piero 5,5
=> Bojinov 6,5
Trezeguet 6

Deschamps 4 : Why Gianichedda & no Paro? Why bring Bojinov that late in the second half? :disagree:
:wth:
it must be one of these cases:
- you did not see the match, this is what I hope
or
- you have no idea about football, how the hell do you rate trez, who rarly touched the ball, higher than Del piero :disagree:

cherryman

Jan 17, 2007
:wth:
it must be one of these cases:
- you did not see the match, this is what I hope
or
- you have no idea about football, how the hell do you rate trez, who rarly touched the ball, higher than Del piero :disagree:
He did do some nice runnings & got one massive change, was planning to give DP also 6 but after his fault i did something of him, Trezeguet put the ball around, DP was only thinking of himself today :disagree: :tdown:

cherryman

Jan 17, 2007
IMHO our team lacks creativity... :smoke:
(players and coach)
Its also a problem of mentality I think, the Tactics (if there are any) of Didi don't work & he also doesn't make the full 100% use of the bench, who is sometimes far beter the the players on the field, I hope he will learn from it for next year!!

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
He did do some nice runnings & got one massive change, was planning to give DP also 6 but after his fault i did something of him, Trezeguet put the ball around, DP was only thinking of himself today :disagree: :tdown:
no, if DP gets 5,5 than you have to give trez 4.. Trez did nothing.. I am not defending DP, I did not like that foul, but he was better than trez

cherryman

Jan 17, 2007
no, if DP gets 5,5 than you have to give trez 4.. Trez did nothing.. I am not defending DP, I did not like that foul, but he was better than trez
That's just a point of view, Trezeguet is not the player who will leave the center when he doesn't got right passes, he must stay & wait for the centers from others (wings, backs,...). In my opinion he did some good things, but he almost invisible because he don't get the right ball. To be honest I think he has got 1 or 2 chances in the 15, the header & one other.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Gianni and Zanetti are too negative a pairing for a game in which the opposition has no intention of attacking. While it was ok to start with them, Modena's intentions should have been clear by halftime when DD should have removed one of them for a more forward thinking player.
I actually liked what Gianni and Zanetti did in the first half. They blocked them, like Vinni said. But in the second half Didier should have taken Gianni and replace him with Marcho so that Mauro and Pavel can play inside more and open space for Dp and Trezeguet.

The subs he made was really silly, I mean the score was still 0-0, they're playing with almost 10men in defence you take an attacker out??? That was a mistake, and thank god that Centurioni did us a favor or else, I would have been bashing Didier like hell. Damn, not even my coach would take forward when the oppositions are all defending. You attack attack and attack.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah Arif, funny picture. But Zebina was our best man on the field along with Nedved tonight. Nedved was the best player out there, though, and deserved the Man of the match award which he got. Zebina had poor crosses but overall played a very good game.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
In my opinion, our best player in the whole match was Pavel Nedved, he was like a horse, despite his age. Also, Del Piero was brilliant in the first half but his effort reduced vastly in the second half. Zanetti was a machine and he fixes himself day after day as a regular destroyer in the squad.

@Rab, spot on.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
trezeguet was absolute turd today, how you can rate him 6 is beyond me. I've been saying it all year and i'll continue to say it, trez should be dropped and dropped immediately, i would rather have boji or palla starting up front than trez who has not got to grips at all with serie B, his performance today was a reflection of his performances this season - he is well and trully past it and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Camo was also a disgrace today however he has been one of our better players this season. Far too many times i saw him trying to take on one too many players, losing the ball and then completely giving up, the one time he actually chased the man down he got the ball back and rather than releasing one of his team mates he tried to dribble again and lost the ball.

Zanetti and gianni did well today in the centre but Nedved and Camo let them down, camo wasnt making any meaningful runs and nedved was being covered wherever he went so all too often zan and gianni were stuck with no simple passes thus in turn they either lumped the ball forward to a non existant trezeguet or passed to Balza or Zebina who also had no options other than to lump the ball forward.

The positive for today was definately the defence who are seemingly getting a feel for each other, Chiellini really impressed me as it was the first time i'd seen him as a CB. Zebina also deserves a mention, i thought he had a brilliant game and made some good runs to try to open up some space in the midfield.

Buffon was brilliant as we have all come to expect, if he leaves us in the summer we are well and trully screwed, there is no one out there even remotely as good.

Del Piero also disappointed today, he seemed to play as an out and out striker and failed to drop back to collect the ball, his shots were wayward and apparently he should have been sent off (i did not see the challenge i must have been in the toilet!)

Finally i come to our fool of a coach, i give him no credit at all for the win today and still cannot understand his crazy decisions. From looking at the stats its easy to tell that we struggle away from home especially in the latter stages so i cannot understand why on earth he will not use all substitutions. Camo was playing poorly and we had a perfect alternate in Marchionni who would have caused them a variety of problems. Paro could have replaced Gianni to give us a little extra freshness and creativity in the centre and bojinov should have been brought on much earlier to replace TREZ, not del piero.

I suppose it really dosent matter about these errors i believe he has made as we won the game but it still really frustrates me that he fails to notice and act upon weaknesses in our play regularly, and in previous games it has cost us a load of points...

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Guys, lets calm on the trez bashing. This guy has scored over 125 goals for this club, has an unbelievable goal to game ratio, and has dug this team out of the mud more times than i can remeber and is our trezegol. Ok, he can be non-existent, but that is part of a box-finishers game, to be a silent predator. The threat of him frigthens teams as well even if he is on a bad game, a prime example of today when the defender risked putting it in his own net than leave it for trez. I know his performances are inconsistent, but a bit of loyalty guys for what he's done for us, and remeber the type of player he is. Not only that, remeber we're in serie b, and a finisher like him is no detriment.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Guys, lets calm on the trez bashing. This guy has scored over 125 goals for this club, has an unbelievable goal to game ratio, and has dug this team out of the mud more times than i can remeber and is our trezegol. Ok, he can be non-existent, but that is part of a box-finishers game, to be a silent predator. The threat of him frigthens teams as well even if he is on a bad game, a prime example of today when the defender risked putting it in his own net than leave it for trez. I know his performances are inconsistent, but a bit of loyalty guys for what he's done for us, and remeber the type of player he is. Not only that, remeber we're in serie b, and a finisher like him is no detriment.
im sorry but your kind of living in the past with that statement. There is no criticism of what he has done for us, im sure everyone will applaud his services to the club and i also applaud his loyalty for staying with us. But all i care about is performance this season and he simply has not been good enough. Hes started most of our games and his goal return so far has been pathetic for a player of his quality.

Adressing the bold point. I really doubt the defender only tried to clear the ball because trezeguet was behind him, im sure he would have done the same even if boumsong was behind him

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Ye but Boumsong wasnt behind him it was trez. And also, loyalty means sticking by someone through the bad times mate, i remeber del piero's goals to game ratio was poor and his place in the team during the ancelotti era was unjustified for a while, but with patience he came back and has been excellent for us. Loyalty is about sticking with, trez is not even 30 and im in the past?? Dont think so. Give him time....not least does he deserve it from us but he is a proven scorer at the highest level. And give him a break, he had a horrid WC experience as DP has in Euro 2000, he came over it eventually, as will trez.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
I don't know about you guys but I saw a solid juve team today. We dominated this game. This is a good sign, we scored and didn't give their attackers anything. We could of finished our chances better but overall it was a good win. DP didn't have a good game, he shot a lot and from everywhere. Whenever there was space he had a go. That's not his game, he wasted a lot of chances today. Trez was terrible. He did ABSOLUTLY nothing. I could of played and had a better effect on the game then him. We need to get him more involved, and DP isn't helping when he shots it from 35 yards out. Buffon had a couple a good saves. Our defense was solid. Chiellni and Boumsong were pretty good, but this was modena (who doesn't have the greatest offence.) Let's see how the defense can handle piacenza next weekend. Chedda and Zanetti were great. I credit didi for starting chedda, because him and zanetti won a lot of balls today. There were the reason modena could get a good attack going. When you get by zanetti, Chedda is right there.

overall it was a Solid road win. 3 points are 3 points. We deserved them today.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I dont know what to describe this win other than pathatic win against a weak team , we did not create chances and our so called coach leave everything as it is , i dont know why he hate making substitution , othwer team make 3 in every match , he sees trez do nothing and leaves him just because he is french it seems , it seems DD he was waiting for a miracle to happen and it did happen by the feet of modina defender

dp , trez and camo were crap , in fact dp should have been sent off for his foul , nedved was relatively good , zebina had good runs , buffon saved our asses from 2 goals , crap performance and crap DD gives us 3 points but it will not happen always

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)