Serie B: Modena Vs Juventus [02/26/07] (10 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This is my millenium post. 1K :toast:

I only have positive feelings about you all. It's been a pleasure to be here. I feel welcome and safe here. I can only hope you have enjoyed my stay here as much as I have.

I'll continue to improve and learn more about the game. And this forum is one of my tools for that.

Take care and Forza Juventus! :pint:
Congrats...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

I only have positive feelings about you all. It's been a pleasure to be here. I feel welcome and safe here. I can only hope you have enjoyed my stay here as much as I have.

I'll continue to improve and learn more about the game. And this forum is one of my tools for that.

Congrats i'll be joining you in 18 posts time!!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
mike Da Don said:
I appreciate that he didnt have anything really to scrap on apart from one header which he very nearly scored and i did notice him a few times dropping back to get the ball but then he didnt make runs, his off the ball movement was poor and when there was a long ball forward rather than challenge in the air for it he dropped off the defenders shoulders and waited for a mistake, which, if you dont pressure the defender will happen every 100 games. Also he gave up completely towards the end, i remember at one stage i highlighted him and said to my girlfriend watch i bet he does not move from that spot, and true to my words he didnt even though camo was looking for a ball to play in to the forwards, im sorry but im just losing patience with him
-Modena had at least 7 players in the box for the whole 90mins , the only runs that you could make was to the sides and wat use would he be to the team drifting to the sides?For most of the game he was always positioned in the box or trying to link with the other players but that was of no use at most times cause there was no space and the midfield wasn't creating much for him

-Towards the end the only one(from the forwards and the midfield) who making himself useful was neddy. Alex was doing stupid tackles and camo stopped running , and zanetti with gianni are no creative force and just try barging with no use. So i wouldn't blame him if everyone around him gave including the coach

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
dp , trez and camo were crap , in fact dp should have been sent off for his foul , nedved was relatively good , zebina had good runs , buffon saved our asses from 2 goals , crap performance and crap DD gives us 3 points but it will not happen always
Del Piero wasn't crap. Can't you use better words when you want to rate/describe our players? It's not like Zlatan is playing or Capello the coach.

Back to Ale, he had a great 1st half and was unlucky not to score in couple of chances. In the 2nd half he tried his best and It showed, but I wouldn't blame him, I would more blame the way we played.

He did Indeed make an ugly foul, he lost his temper after being fouled like 5times before being subs.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Keep it up:pint:

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I will, Rab. :)

Del Piero is always good. Alone having Del Piero on your side is a weapon in itself. I'm sure yesterday was no different.

Del Piero means danger and fear for whatever defence and goalie that's trying to stop him. When he scores he is vital, when he makes an assist he is important, but when he does neither he's still a motivating factor for his team.

We are blessed to have DP in our team.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
-Modena had at least 7 players in the box for the whole 90mins , the only runs that you could make was to the sides and wat use would he be to the team drifting to the sides?For most of the game he was always positioned in the box or trying to link with the other players but that was of no use at most times cause there was no space and the midfield wasn't creating much for him

-Towards the end the only one(from the forwards and the midfield) who making himself useful was neddy. Alex was doing stupid tackles and camo stopped running , and zanetti with gianni are no creative force and just try barging with no use. So i wouldn't blame him if everyone around him gave including the coach
:disagree: tut tut tut

i'm sorry, teams have been putting 7 men in defence against us all season, Ale has managed to find gaps and so has pavel, trezeguet has not, even palladino when he has been given a chance has managed to capitalise.

As for the runs he could make there are plenty. Let me talk tactics with you for a quick second. The modena backline consisted roughly of 7 players, to counter such a defensive formation it is crucial that the wingbacks (Zeb and balza) push forward to pressurise the opposition width and create space for the wingers (Ned and camo) to deploy balls into the area, occasionally this happened and when it did trez wasnt sharp enough to get on the end of the ball, he offered very little arial challenge to the modena defenders and subsequently we were left frustrated, also whenever a ball was played to him he stood still and waited for it to land at his feet rather than going to the ball and thus any efforts in his direction were automatically cut out, he created no space for his team mates and did nothing to contribute to our performance.

To help aid the teams midfielders trezeguet could make DIAGONAL runs thus taking 2 defenders out of the game at once and allowing space to be created, if he was not picked up with the run then a ball could have been threaded through. But here lies his problem. Trezeguet is STATIC, he needs the meal cooked for him, put on a plate infront of him and sliced up into bitesized chunks before he can capitalise, the moment he stops getting that he stops contributing

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Trezeguet is STATIC, he needs the meal cooked for him, put on a plate infront of him and sliced up into bitesized chunks before he can capitalise, the moment he stops getting that he stops contributing
:agree:
this type of players performs great when has dome creativity providing him with balls ! :smoke:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
If only i received the amount of money i betted on Bojinov to play i would have gotten 600 vcash and this would have been one of the most successful games in ages

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007

i'm sorry, teams have been putting 7 men in defence against us all season, Ale has managed to find gaps and so has pavel, trezeguet has not, even palladino when he has been given a chance has managed to capitalise.

As for the runs he could make there are plenty. Let me talk tactics with you for a quick second. The modena backline consisted roughly of 7 players, to counter such a defensive formation it is crucial that the wingbacks (Zeb and balza) push forward to pressurise the opposition width and create space for the wingers (Ned and camo) to deploy balls into the area, occasionally this happened and when it did trez wasnt sharp enough to get on the end of the ball, he offered very little arial challenge to the modena defenders and subsequently we were left frustrated, also whenever a ball was played to him he stood still and waited for it to land at his feet rather than going to the ball and thus any efforts in his direction were automatically cut out, he created no space for his team mates and did nothing to contribute to our performance.

To help aid the teams midfielders trezeguet could make DIAGONAL runs thus taking 2 defenders out of the game at once and allowing space to be created, if he was not picked up with the run then a ball could have been threaded through. But here lies his problem. Trezeguet is STATIC, he needs the meal cooked for him, put on a plate infront of him and sliced up into bitesized chunks before he can capitalise, the moment he stops getting that he stops contributing
So the tactics were that Trezeguet was lazy and didn't do his job the way he knows damn well how to. "Tactics" not the best word.

I do agree on the Trezeguet issue. He wants to leave and is displaying this more and more. He was great for us in the past, but he is unmotivated and doesn't care. Replacing him will be difficult, but neccessary.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

So the tactics were that Trezeguet was lazy and didn't do his job the way he knows damn well how to. "Tactics" not the best word.

I do agree on the Trezeguet issue. He wants to leave and is displaying this more and more. He was great for us in the past, but he is unmotivated and doesn't care. Replacing him will be difficult, but neccessary.
UH... i think the bit i've highlighted is a tactical explination, never did i mention in my post that our tactics were as you describe trez being lazy and not doing his job... My talking of tactics were answering an earlier question of what runs is he expected to make as you would know if you read my post and quote!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)