Serie B: Modena Vs Juventus [02/26/07] (6 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
damnit i completely forgot we were playing last night, just coming to teh end of my 3rd 12 hour shift witha sore back, cold and shit tired.

oh well at least we won

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Player ratings from Gazzetta Dello Sport

MODENA:Frezzolini 7,5 - Frey 6,5 - Centurioni 6 - Antonazzo 6 - Ungari 6,5( 74’ Abbate N/A) - Chiecchi 6 - Campedelli 6 (dal 74 Rossi N/A) - Tamburini 6 - Longo 6 - Pinardi 6 (dal 79´ Baldo Ń/A) - Bruno 5,5. COACH Mutti 6,5

JUVENTUS: Buffon 6,5 - Zebina 6,5 - Balzaretti 6 - Boumsong 6,5 - Chiellini 6 - Zanetti 6,5 - Giannichedda 6 - Camoranesi 5 - Nedved 6 - Del Piero 6 (76´ Bojinov 6) - Trezeguet 5,5 .
COACH Deschamps 6 REFEREE: Marelli 5,5

Frezzolini Man of the match, the best from Juve Buffon, Zebina, BOUMSONG (EAT THIS BOUMSONG HATERS :p ) and Zanetti.

Camoranesi the worst player on the pitch. Eat this, Dominic! :D
get a grip man....

Modena didnt make any effort to attack until the 84th minute, ffs

lets see how he does in the return matches with Napoli and Mantova...then we'll talk

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
damnit i completely forgot we were playing last night, just coming to teh end of my 3rd 12 hour shift witha sore back, cold and shit tired.

oh well at least we won
I hope you speedy recovery, dear Bozi. :)

You can check the multimedia section for that lovely own goal. :D

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
This is my millenium post. 1K :toast:

I only have positive feelings about you all. It's been a pleasure to be here. I feel welcome and safe here. I can only hope you have enjoyed my stay here as much as I have.

I'll continue to improve and learn more about the game. And this forum is one of my tools for that.

Take care and Forza Juventus! :pint:
Congrats Alexander!

Del Piero wasn't crap. Can't you use better words when you want to rate/describe our players? It's not like Zlatan is playing or Capello the coach.

Back to Ale, he had a great 1st half and was unlucky not to score in couple of chances. In the 2nd half he tried his best and It showed, but I wouldn't blame him, I would more blame the way we played.

He did Indeed make an ugly foul, he lost his temper after being fouled like 5times before being subs.
:agree: The ref didn't do much about them fouling our players - 1 booking in the first half, which I missed, but you're right Rab. DP was fouled several times in the second half & the ref took no action against the Modena players.
Sour grapes again! What a :pumpkin:
damnit i completely forgot we were playing last night, just coming to teh end of my 3rd 12 hour shift with a sore back, cold and shit tired.

oh well at least we won
Poor Bozi! Hope a good sleep will ease your pains.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:rofl2: Blame us, come on, we don't care!!!
bah if his defensive side bothered to venture out of their goal line perhaps it wud of been a different story, the fact his players r a bunch of p*ssies is the reason y they lost, the juve goal was imminent, and well deserved, and modena can be fortunate we didnt go all crotone on them, as for the modena player that got injured, well his fault for being in the path of ale, anyone that crosses ale's path deserves everything they get.
and finally i wish he and other managers wud quit their bitchin' cuz if any club has the right to moan in serie B its juve.

WE shudnt even be in serie b

WE havnt had a peno all season

WE have had constant injuries to our squad

WE had nedved suspended for 5 matches for actions worthy of a medal

WE have had to put up with poor refereeing decisions

but it is us that has taken it on the chin and fought on with minimal fuss

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:agree:

:pint:

:tup:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
:disagree: tut tut tut

i'm sorry, teams have been putting 7 men in defence against us all season, Ale has managed to find gaps and so has pavel, trezeguet has not, even palladino when he has been given a chance has managed to capitalise.

As for the runs he could make there are plenty. Let me talk tactics with you for a quick second. The modena backline consisted roughly of 7 players, to counter such a defensive formation it is crucial that the wingbacks (Zeb and balza) push forward to pressurise the opposition width and create space for the wingers (Ned and camo) to deploy balls into the area, occasionally this happened and when it did trez wasnt sharp enough to get on the end of the ball, he offered very little arial challenge to the modena defenders and subsequently we were left frustrated, also whenever a ball was played to him he stood still and waited for it to land at his feet rather than going to the ball and thus any efforts in his direction were automatically cut out, he created no space for his team mates and did nothing to contribute to our performance.

To help aid the teams midfielders trezeguet could make DIAGONAL runs thus taking 2 defenders out of the game at once and allowing space to be created, if he was not picked up with the run then a ball could have been threaded through. But here lies his problem. Trezeguet is STATIC, he needs the meal cooked for him, put on a plate infront of him and sliced up into bitesized chunks before he can capitalise, the moment he stops getting that he stops contributing
I know teams were defending against us all season and we found solutions and even Trezi scored by the way.I'm talking about this game in particular as we had no innovation from the midfield.Trezi had nothing to work with and thats one of the reasons that he had to drop out of the box alot.

about the full backs and wingers, thats precisely my point. The service from the mid fielders and other players wasn't at its best.

about the runs, I know about what effects occur.But the way i look at it is that you will need space in beginning to make those runs and that space wasn't there. When we were countering them they had at least 5 to close it down.

Trezi is static and he will always wait for the half chances not like you said a full chance. Your expectations are too high of him, he WILL NOT create chances(although last week had was involved in at least two goals)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
bah if his defensive side bothered to venture out of their goal line perhaps it wud of been a different story, the fact his players r a bunch of p*ssies is the reason y they lost, the juve goal was imminent, and well deserved, and modena can be fortunate we didnt go all crotone on them, as for the modena player that got injured, well his fault for being in the path of ale, anyone that crosses ale's path deserves everything they get.
and finally i wish he and other managers wud quit their bitchin' cuz if any club has the right to moan in serie B its juve.

most sensible thing you have ever said andy:pint:

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006

Great post, Andy. Some valid points there! Have a :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)