Serie B: Mantova vs Juventus - [13/01/2007] (77 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Bernacci was in an offside position when the ball was played. The goal should not have stood. If it was Juve who did that, it would already be front page news in Italy.

A defeat is good in a way, as it will wash away any complacency that was in the team. Cant harp on this. Only 1 loss. This will wake up the squad and show that promotion is far from sealed.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Gill_juve

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
  • Thread Starter #583
    We need players from january transfers. Why Lapo Elkann went running when he was stopped to give a comment on the match. Deschamps didn't know how to respond about the match?? Cobolli Gigli what have to say now?? Hope the management makes some serious moves and help the team. As a Juventus fan i'm too much dissapointed about today, there were no Juventus in the pitch.
    well considering lapo elkann doesnt know shit about foot ball i wouldnt expect him to make any comment, would you expect abrahmovich to do so. and deschamps did make a comment after the game its on the juve website

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    ok guys please stop moaning, but i have to say a defeat did us good, i mean lets face it we cnt be undefeated forever, and now is a good time to lose, rather than later when it really matters, after today we can be brought down to a sense of reality and work on it.
    :agree: good post andy i agree with yr post

it is a good thing juve lost tonight so we can really understand that we r not in seria A just yet we need to work harder to be 100% certain and i think this will be a turning point of the season hopefully the last of defeats and bad news.
    forzaaaaaaaaaaa juve

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    Mantova will party like they won the scudetto.
    They sure will. They've broken our undefeated run

ok guys please stop moaning, but i have to say a defeat did us good, i mean lets face it we cnt be undefeated forever, and now is a good time to lose, rather than later when it really matters, after today we can be brought down to a sense of reality and work on it.
    Lets hope it gives us a proverbial kick in the posterior & that we play better from now on.

embarrasing result, no excuse to lose to mantova, i dont care how many people are injured
    They may be considered to be a "little" team, but Mantova are no pushovers & should never be underestimated.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    We need players from january transfers. Why Lapo Elkann went running when he was stopped to give a comment on the match. Deschamps didn't know how to respond about the match?? Cobolli Gigli what have to say now?? Hope the management makes some serious moves and help the team. As a Juventus fan i'm too much dissapointed about today, there were no Juventus in the pitch.
    thank u heaps mate, + rep finnally some one thinks the same way. i honestly expected this would be the scenrio at least the logical scenerio but i dont know wtf the board is thinking off, every day we get comments and hints from buffon, trez, cammo, and even del piero and yet they dont get the message.

OP
    Gill_juve

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
  • Thread Starter #588
    Didier slams Juve attitude
    Saturday 13 January, 2007
    Didier Deschamps has refused to use Juventus’ injury crisis as an excuse for their historic defeat at the Stadio Martelli.

“Mantova made us suffer and, although we had chances in the second half, they had more hunger and belief,” he commented after the 1-0 loss, their first ever in Serie B.

The Bianconeri are without a host of star names, including Pavel Nedved, Raffaele Palladino, Giorgio Chiellini, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Giuliano Giannichedda and Cristiano Zanetti, while Gianluigi Buffon went off with a back problem during the final minutes.

“We can do better than this, even in a state of emergency. I just hope this is a bump in the road, but we’ll have the opportunity to test that theory on Tuesday.”

Juve will get right back in the saddle next week for the rescheduled game against Cesena, postponed from December after the tragic accident that killed youth team players Riccardo Neri and Damiano Ferramosca.

The demoted giants also had a poor start to the season back in Week 1, drawing 1-1 at Rimini, so Deschamps sees a pattern emerging.

“There is always a risk of losing momentum over the break. These are not excuses, though, as at times it’s good to take a rest. We lacked the right spirit today. I hope this can act as a warning ahead of the Cesena game and perhaps we’ll have Palladino back for that test.”

Despite this setback, if Juventus beat Cesena at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin on Tuesday, they’ll catch Napoli at the top of the table. However, Rimini visit Arezzo on Monday and can go clear.

channel4.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    That was my First half Report.

1st half report.

Not a bad first half, we're just failing to enter their penalty box. Though we controlled the game more than Mantova.

first 13min saw Mantova attacking yet not able to create any danger on Buffon. 13---->30min we controlled the ball and midfield able to move the ball, yet Zalayeta and Trezeguet aren't moving well/not opening the space for Paro/Del Pier.

They had a pretty good chance min 37 I think, that was their best chance to score, few minutes later Del Piero replied with a Double-Kick and a Freekick but keeper was there to save.

I think our problem is that we're not putting pressure on them on the wings.... meaning that their players on the flank are able to move and pass the ball through their midfielders without a problem. Birindelli and Balza better put more pressure on them the same goes with Picco and Marcho.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our key player in the first half was simply Alex Del Piero without a doubt, a real leader out there, moving the ball from his feet all the way attacking, helping our defenders, dribbling past defenders, running alot and also the only player to create danger out there.

I think Ale's position behind the strikers is pretty good for him, probably one of the best first half's Ale had this season. Bravo Ale...

Buffon didn't had lot to do.

Our defenders were a bit shaky, but they're doing ok so far.

Both Trezeguet and Zalayeta were invisible, David isn't helping at all, and Zala's first touch is even worse. I think putting Bojinov instead of one them would be idea. This way Bojinov and Del Piero will/can be combining together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two things DD should do

1-putting Bojinov, this way we can speed up our attack and give a hand to Dp.
    2-not allowing them to attack us from the flanks. This way we shut down them completely.

2nd half report.

The two things that I hoped for DD to go for (in bold) he didn't go for them, one of them putting Bojinov instead of David Trezeguet, the 2nd one not allowing them to attack us from the flanks, something Biri and Balza didn't know how to handle.

After we conceded that goal, we started attacking until the bad news continued seein Buffon injured, his back was hurting him and couln't stand for 1second... hope for a quick recovery for our golie.

That said that Zala was better than his first half, Trezeguet was still invisible, I don't know why DD what was waiting for not to take him off. Bojinov warmed up for nothing.

Our midfielders Marchi and Picco were rubbish, specially in the 2nd half. Thats not the way to impress a big club like Juve, still, i'd give them another chance.

Our defenders of course can't resist 90min without fucking up a game. They play good 45min, then they decide that it's time to change, thats their fashion lately.

I felt sorry for Del Piero, he deserved to score a goal, as he was our best player in this game. Creating all the attacks, good passes, was unlucky in his freekicks and last chance that he missed, though the way he controlled that ball was stunning. Grande Alex:star:

At last but not least, I can't wait to see our Pavel back.

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
    didi better slam himself he fucken cost us 5 points in the last 2 games... iits horrible how in the whole of serie b juventus havent even played one good game, one nice game to watch, and what about hte initial line up? and i cant underrstand anyone here, i mean ok its just one game and its not that it would cost us anything this season becaue 3 points more or less wont change the fact we will finish first, but we are juventus and we dont seeem so anymore, when we are in the lead we get reached very easily, no determination, not creativity, today MANTOVA"S GOALER DIDNT EVEN MAKE ONE SAVEEE... and we are speeking of mantova not barcellona... with DIDI juventus are dommed ... i didntt need a fucken genious to put in bojinov instead of zalayeta... zalayeta was zero today, and with bojinov on the bench and juventus one down didi dint even put him in... its amazing how fucken stupid this manager can bee, from boumsong, to arezzo's game, to todays game, to the lack of fate in boijinov and all this faith in zalayeta... plus ok everyone will mention injuries and you are right we have alot fof injuries, but i keep saying in my opinion its not just being unlucky and coincidence that we keep getting an avrage of 2 injuries every match, in my opinion the phsiical preparation of this year was weak and the consequences are all these injuries... fucken shame on didi ,id rather have graziani coaching us...

and whats the sense of playing del piero so back to put in zalayeta up front? it would have been mor e logic puting del piero up frotn as he seamed our only danger and put camoranesi in the middle... well done deschamps .. worse juventus performance ever seen

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    That was my First half Report.

2nd half report.

The two things that I hoped for DD to go for (in bold) he didn't go for them, one of them putting Bojinov instead of David Trezeguet, the 2nd one not allowing them to attack us from the flanks, something Biri and Balza didn't know how to handle.

After we conceded that goal, we started attacking until the bad news continued seein Buffon injured, his back was hurting him and couln't stand for 1second... hope for a quick recovery for our golie.

That said that Zala was better than his first half, Trezeguet was still invisible, I don't know why DD what was waiting for not to take him off. Bojinov warmed up for nothing.

Our midfielders Marchi and Picco were rubbish, specially in the 2nd half. Thats not the way to impress a big club like Juve, still, i'd give them another chance.

Our defenders of course can't resist 90min without fucking up a game. They play good 45min, then they decide that it's time to change, thats their fashion lately.

I felt sorry for Del Piero, he deserved to score a goal, as he was our best player in this game. Creating all the attacks, good passes, was unlucky in his freekicks and last chance that he missed, though the way he controlled that ball was stunning. Grande Alex:star:

At last but not least, I can't wait to see our Pavel back.
    thanks rab good post bro :pint:

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
    sorry about my words but in my opinion didi hasnt got what it needs to manage a squad like juventus..... and i dont bloody care of what he did in the pitch because if it was for that we would put del piero and bettega on the bench

OP
    Gill_juve

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
  • Thread Starter #598
    sorry about my words but in my opinion didi hasnt got what it needs to manage a squad like juventus..... and i dont bloody care of what he did in the pitch because if it was for that we would put del piero and bettega on the bench
    you were being very irrational we arent doomed thats a silly thing to say this has woken us up and i guarantee that we will be more determined than ever

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    i can understand how u feel mate, but i think dd just needs some time. for heavens sake he knows what he is doing and u cant blame him for all this alone. its not his fault entirely, i agree he made mistakes but once again who does'nt?!??! we all saw lippi and capello do them.

guys i honestly wish we wont blame dd for all our bad preformances its not his fault, he has no choices to do and money is no just flowing like before so he has to use what he has. lets not forget he was the only person who stood out for juventus and toke charge of us when every one was disgraced to be linked with us. the guy needs time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)