Serie B: Juventus vs Verona [12-09-2006] (1 Viewer)

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
Deschamps prefers the shadows Saturday 9 December, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didier Deschamps is keeping his feet on the ground despite Juventus’ ascendance to the leadership of the Serie B table.

“As far as I am concerned, this first place is just a statistic. The important thing is to maintain this position at the end of the season.”

The 1-0 victory over Hellas Verona allowed them to leapfrog to the top spot, but Napoli could restore their place after the Monday evening game against Cesena.

Mauro Camoranesi scored with a header against the club where he started his Serie A career.

“I liked the second half much more than the first,” continued the Coach. “We worked hard on the feeling between the players this week, as the squad has been reshuffled a great deal.”

Pavel Nedved sat out the first of his five-match ban and the fans in the Stadio Olimpico in Turin made sure he wasn’t forgotten with several banners and chants in his honour.

“Nedved’s absence was a tough thing to get used to, but in his place Raffaele Palladino played a great game, confirming his excellent quality and grit.”

Alessandro Del Piero also returned as a substitute a month after his thigh injury and nearly created another goal for Juventus.

“It was a satisfying performance. I chose to introduce him when our opponents were starting to tire and his opening 20 minute spell was excellent, although inevitably he ran out of steam at the end due to the long time he spent on the sidelines.”

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I'm happy we collected the 3 points. Despite the injuries and suspension of Nedved I thought we played a good, fast, direct and intelligent game.

And I can't help being happy and impressed with our young guns. It's a very good thing to see them play for the first team as it is excellent for their future.

When we return to Serie A the presence of the youngsters is a bonus. Like Deschamps said we will keep some of them and loan some out. In the end it's very positive for the future of Juventus to have them here.

Forza Juve

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
alex74 said:
Deschamps prefers the shadows Saturday 9 December, 2006

Didier Deschamps is keeping his feet on the ground despite Juventus’ ascendance to the leadership of the Serie B table.

“As far as I am concerned, this first place is just a statistic. The important thing is to maintain this position at the end of the season.”

The 1-0 victory over Hellas Verona allowed them to leapfrog to the top spot, but Napoli could restore their place after the Monday evening game against Cesena.

Mauro Camoranesi scored with a header against the club where he started his Serie A career.

“I liked the second half much more than the first,” continued the Coach. “We worked hard on the feeling between the players this week, as the squad has been reshuffled a great deal.”

Pavel Nedved sat out the first of his five-match ban and the fans in the Stadio Olimpico in Turin made sure he wasn’t forgotten with several banners and chants in his honour.
“Nedved’s absence was a tough thing to get used to, but in his place Raffaele Palladino played a great game, confirming his excellent quality and grit.”

Alessandro Del Piero also returned as a substitute a month after his thigh injury and nearly created another goal for Juventus.

“It was a satisfying performance. I chose to introduce him when our opponents were starting to tire and his opening 20 minute spell was excellent, although inevitably he ran out of steam at the end due to the long time he spent on the sidelines.”
Nice to see the tifosi supporting Pavel! :)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
gray said:
Cossu gets a yellow card for a foul on Camo.

Meanwhile, Alex is about to come on for Bojinov. He shakes his booty for the camera, and despite the lack of sound on the Sopcast, you can hear Rab in the background screaming like a little girl.
:rofl2: :rofl2: :lol: +REP

Rushy

The Poet
Jul 3, 2004
Maresca said:
important win, lets hope napoli will draw today
I know i'm not supoused to say this, but I really think that it does not matter whether napoli draws or not... (they're not that good, so they're gonna loose more matches than us(more than 0) anyway)
Juve is gonna win serie B, its no doubt... Its not exciting anymore, we're 2 good 4 these teams... I do believe that juventus would have made the serie a with a 30 points penalty as well...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
It was obvious before that we are one class above all other teams, my friend, but we couldn´t take promotion for granted with our 17 point penalty.

Now that our penalty was reduced, we must stay focused for the whole season and give our best in every match and then we can walk through Serie B... and plan our Serie A mission....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)