Serie B: Juventus vs Genoa [21/4/2007] (1 Viewer)

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #665
    Guys I have a question but not sure where to post it!!

Where can I see the articles and statements and interviews with the players after the game? I have looked elsewhere and there seem to be a huge load of those after tonight's win!!
    Such articles can be found in Monsieur Deschamps official thread, the players official threads and in the match threads.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Zebina 6.5: He was ok as CB except for Genoa's "offside", it amazes me how HE was the one to raise his hand for offside while he could see Genoa's player right in front of him. Did well as LB in the 2nd half with his forward runs, and a great assist to Trezeguet.

Chiellini 6.5: He's certainly much better at RB rather than CB, covered his side well and was well positioned while going forward. Nice header for the goal, but needs to work a lot on his crossing.
    You must have really understood the game. Especially since Chiellini played as LB as he is a left footer, and Zebina is a right footer and plays as a RB

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I am very Happy for Trezeguet, Zebina, Camo and Marchionni, they are doing great job.. And Also people need to lay off Biri's.. Biri is a true Juventino, he doesn't deserve this disrespect, he always was a sub, and will stay so, and he will be a very useful one when we will need him..
    Agreed.

I want to mention also Nedved great performances matches after other, he definitely is the leader of this team, and he deserves the armband more than anyone else. with this age, running in the match 90 minutes, you won't see him bitching, or moaning because he is off form, he try to give 110% in each match, that's why he deserves to be the captain.
    He deserves the armband after Del Piero, can't really choose between him and Biri. But wouldn't really put Pavel ahead of Dp. True Pavel is a leader, but Del Piero is the spirit of this team.

And we got rid of Mutu........what a mistake
    Bojinov and Palladino are way better and much talented than Mutu. Getting rid of him was one of the best steps our mang did.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Great game by Juve against a very solid Genoa team. Serie A is getting closer, and that seems to give our players more motivation to play good football.

Here are the players ratings IMO:

Buffon 5.5: Not much to do today, but punshed away a few crosses that could've been caught, one of them lead to Di Vaio's goal.

Birindelli 6: Made a few runs down the right flank, but none of them caused any real danger except for the chance he missed on the edge of the penalty area. Lacked energy in the second half, which resulted in his subsitution.

Legrottaglie 6: Solid in defence, would've gotten a higher rating had he marked Di Vaio better on his goal.

Zebina 6.5: He was ok as CB except for Genoa's "offside", it amazes me how HE was the one to raise his hand for offside while he could see Genoa's player right in front of him. Did well as LB in the 2nd half with his forward runs, and a great assist to Trezeguet.

Chiellini 6.5: He's certainly much better at RB rather than CB, covered his side well and was well positioned while going forward. Nice header for the goal, but needs to work a lot on his crossing.

Camoranesi 6: Was invisible for the most part in this match, Criscito covered him well.

Giannichedda 6.5: Closed down spaces in the middle and didn't give Genoa enough time or space to organise any decent attacks from midfield.

Marchisio 7.5: Started out a bit on the nervous side. But when he settled in he became one of our most effective players, good passes in the middle and moved around well. Created a fantastic chance for Trezeguet which he missed embarassingly.

Nedved 8: MOM. Running everywhere on the field, distributing the ball well and creating good openings, the usual fantastic effort we've become to expect from Nedved. Well taken goal too.

Del Piero 6.5: Not the best match from Del Piero. He was good in the first half and set up the ball pretty well for Nedved to strike it. But was completely invisible in the 2nd half.

Trezeguet 6: Finally found the back of the net, but did a terrible job with the chance he got in the first half. He's performed better in the last few games, but a goal might push him to regain his goal scoring touch.

Subs:

Boumsong 6.5: It seems he's put his tendency for mistakes behind him. Sound performance from him, covered Di Vaio well.

Marchionni 6.5: As with Camoranesi, he found trouble getting past Criscito. But he managed to outpace him a few times. Could've scored with a nice shot on goal.

Zalayeta NA: Wasn't on the pitch long enough to do anything.

Deschamps 7: Started the game with a good formation, his first 2 substitutions were spot-on. But still insists to bench Bojinov, having Zalayeta and Trezeguet as our forward line isn't going to create many chances.

Anyways, congrats to the team and everyone here for this win.

Serie A, here we come.
    Chiellini- We always knew he was very good defensively, even though he does very stupid things sometimes.This time he pushed a Genoa player so blatantly that i though the ref would point to the spot immediately.

Offensively is my problem with him, he had almost no interplay with neddy in the game.And his crossing is worst than Biri's.

Trezi-Did you see how happy he was and how everyone was happy for him when he scored? Thats how much he means to the team, the fans and to him to do well for this club. Ppl here were accusing him of complacency, well complacent player don't react that way.

DD- I really thought he would replace Alex before he did, the captain looked tired.But i guess he had other ideas and tried to preserve the team as long as he did.I liked the boumsong sub, as biri didn't look at his best at all and Divaio was giving a real problem.

A thing i didnt like about his comments is that he expects teams to play an open game against us....Well Reality check, this is Italy and in serie A you would still have teams playing like that and sometimes big teams as well.I dont like the Wenger like comments and says "teams didn't come here to play", well some teams don't come to play but you have to find a way to deal with it instead of whining.

what Can I say? these guys making us proud! I love the new Juve, we are improving day by day. I am starting to believe more and more in Didier, He is proving his worth with some transfers I am very confident that we will be a great force in Serie A again the next years :smile:

I am very Happy for Trezeguet, Zebina, Camo and Marchionni, they are doing great job.. And Also people need to lay off Biri's.. Biri is a true Juventino, he doesn't deserve this disrespect, he always was a sub, and will stay so, and he will be a very useful one when we will need him..

I want to mention also Nedved great performances matches after other, he definitely is the leader of this team, and he deserves the armband more than anyone else. with this age, running in the match 90 minutes, you won't see him bitching, or moaning because he is off form, he try to give 110% in each match, that's why he deserves to be the captain.
    spot on snoop, biri has been loyal for years, didn't complain and always gave his best.Layoff his back

about Marchionni, i 've been criticizing him a lot but hes been playing well in these games. I hope he keeps up his good form.

Same goes to Zebina.

abt neddy, i always thought he wasn't given the captaincy cause hes such a fiery figure.He can't keep calm like Alex and Gigi. I would like DD to consider though at some stage just see how he acts then.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    good and important win for juve , it was a good performance in general for all players except trez who even he scored he remained in very bad form , what a chance he missed in the first half , he denied dp from scoring and could not scored him self , i was amazed by zebina abilty to create the goal but the man of the match as usual NEDVED who is always running till the end of the match

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Endless respect to Neddy... but c'mon, you can't be serious.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    good and important win for juve , it was a good performance in general for all players except trez who even he scored he remained in very bad form , what a chance he missed in the first half , he denied dp from scoring and could not scored him self , i was amazed by zebina abilty to create the goal but the man of the match as usual NEDVED who is always running till the end of the match
    yeah i forgot to add that in my post.

that miss was really bad, and am only talking about the initial one where he tried to chip the keeper. But imo he did very well on his goal.

He was playing well but he focused more on the other aspects of his game(layoffs, dropping deep a bit) than actually finishing the plays.DD talked about that and apparently he asked him to do that.

imo as time goes on we will see the old Trezi in regards to finishing but a more complete striker under the guidance of DD.

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
    Nov 6, 2005
    ekhm, I want to comment on Your dislike to DD :D WTF !?

as long as we are winning team, we really don't have to put Bojinov in :D
    Zalayeta is 10 times better and he deserves to be the first sub. We need to leave Zala, he's our greatest hope and the most talented youngster in team.

DD know what he's doing :D

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
    i really dont understand why he gives time to zala and not palladino n bojinov,they are younger and certainly better prospects,they should be gettin the playin time not zala

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)