Serie B: Juventus vs Genoa [21/4/2007] (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Smaller teams are giving us more a game than the big ones, funny that.
that seems to be true...

from watching most of the games this season, these smaller teams are giving 110% the entire 90 minutes...many of these guys must realize that they may never play against the giants of Italian football ever again, so it becomes the games of their lives

also, it seems that the smaller teams put 10 guys behind the ball at times, out of fear of our attack

I was happy with our overall performance against Genoa, and as DD, or somebody else already stated, its just that much easier for things to work when a team comes to play, rather than hope for a draw, and play ultra-defensive

We owned the first half, barring DiVaio's goal off of a rebound that Gigi couldnt get a hold of

DP, Neddy and Camo were first class !! Trez had a slow start, and made up for it with a nice goal

The second half was a lot closer, but again, I was happy with our play

The only negative that I could see from this game is Marchisio...I'm not sure if he is ready to be a starter on this team just yet, he needs some overall improvement, especially with his passing

OP

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #690
    that seems to be true...

from watching most of the games this season, these smaller teams are giving 110% the entire 90 minutes...many of these guys must realize that they may never play against the giants of Italian football ever again, so it becomes the games of their lives

also, it seems that the smaller teams put 10 guys behind the ball at times, out of fear of our attack

I was happy with our overall performance against Genoa, and as DD, or somebody else already stated, its just that much easier for things to work when a team comes to play, rather than hope for a draw, and play ultra-defensive

We owned the first half, barring DiVaio's goal off of a rebound that Gigi couldnt get a hold of

DP, Neddy and Camo were first class !! Trez had a slow start, and made up for it with a nice goal

The second half was a lot closer, but again, I was happy with our play

The only negative that I could see from this game is Marchisio...I'm not sure if he is ready to be a starter on this team just yet, he needs some overall improvement, especially with his passing
    Generally, I agree with such a view. I never thought about comparing our performance to that of the Serie A teams and how much we could benefit of facing teams who give more than their maximum efforts when they face us. I think there are still some positive points in Serie B including that previously mentioned one.

By the way, this reminds me of a coach (I don't remember whom precisely) who said that to win the Serie A, you have to win at least 80% or more of your matches against smaller sides and leave the big confrontations to their times.

Commenting on the bold part, I think that Marchisio is doing well. He runs a lot, has a high stamina, aggressive and he is better and younger than Paro. However, I still think that he needs a couple of seasons to guarantee a regular place in the squad.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    Seems Criscito had a good game for Genoa, is it true that he will be back at Juve next season he is very promising player and badly needed to strengten our backline for serie A

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    That's why I think we will do well in Serie A
    I agree with you about doing well in seriea next season but for the exact opposite reason. There are very few big teams in serieA, too many mediocre ones and some pretty average ones. Incredibly if you take away Milan, |Inter and Roma, Toni of Fiorentina apart, I cannot think of a single world class player in any of the other teams maily journeymen and good decent players. With a few additions to our squad, I will stick out my neck and say we will finish in the top 4 next season, no problem, as the likes of Empoli, catania, palermo, lazio, parma livorno, siena etc have very little to offer. You see teams sacking and then rehiring managers because most of the managers are pathetic anyways and instead of getting someone with different ideas ie a foreigner, they are just recycling by sticking with another Italian
    On a sidebar to actually question Dp as captain is just provocative and uncalled for. That is like saying take away the captaincy from maldini and hand it over to gatusso or take the captaincy from Totti and give it to the harder working Perrotta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)