Serie B: Juventus vs Cesena [01-16-2006] (49 Viewers)

Sep 13, 2006
I agree that praying should still go on ... for their souls and for their families.

However to be honest I fail to understand this "slight hope" issue... there is no slight hope. I have been watching Italian TV and news stations for the past 3 hours.

This is Juve`s official statement, read by Alessio Secco, which speaks clearly enough:
"La Juventus F.C. annuncia la scomparsa di Alessio Ferramosca e Riccardo Neri, due ragazzi della Berretti che hanno perso la vita a seguito di un incidente avvenuto nel centro di allenamento di Vinovo in merito al quale le forze dell'ordine e la magistratura stanno facendo accertamenti. La società e tutti i tesserati partecipano al dolore delle famiglie dei due ragazzi, entrambi diciassettenni. In considerazione di questo grave lutto, la Juventus F.C. ha chiesto alla Lega Calcio e al Cesena il rinvio della partita".

Anyway. if people want to keep thinking that there is a slight hope that the player is still alive, they are free to do so and keep pn denying evidence.

As regards condolonces, on the official sites of Inter, Milan and Fiorentina there are messages of solidarity with the players` families and with Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Why do some people wana argue?!!!
we r praying for dead to rest in peace and for who are still fighting to LIVE!
God bless all people

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
It's official, one of the 2 isn't dead, even though his situation is desperate. This is why he had been declared dead by the juventus official bullettin.

Sourches: Telelombardia, Quartarete (Piemontese loval tv station), tg2, gazzetta.it, sky corriere.it

Sep 13, 2006
So... since we are all trying to live on what we hear and read, and rather than arguing it was an attempt to pass over the official facts especially to those who live far from Italy :

I have just listened to RAIDUE`s news.... and while the report said that two players died and again showed Alessio Secco announcing the death of the two players, the announcer said that it has now transpired that one of them, RICCARDO NERI, IS NOT DEAD.

Switched over to SKY TG24 and the reporter was saying that the Carabinieri had DECLARED the TWO players dead on site...... BUT ... there are UNCONFIRMED rumours that one of them, Riccardo Neri, IS NOT "clinically dead" and that now the doctors are trying what is considered a very difficult and highly improbable intervention to resusicate him. The two had been in the water for TWO HOURS.

Apparently what the doctors are trying to do is to try and revive Neri even though the player is giving no signs of life at all. Alessio has been declared officially dead by the same doctors though.

While obviously like everyone else I hope that if this is true, the player makes it and recovers. I think that if this latest news is true, there will be much more to answer than whether the lake - which is practically a reservior for the turf irrigation - was protected or not.

How can all the official bodies announce a person dead when in fact he is not ? Did someone make a too quick decision / assumption on the spot ?

Also, I obviously excuse myself if I appeared to be arguing with anyone. I was relaying the official news versions. I hope that the official versions where wrong and the the rumours were right

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Crazy. How hard can it be to determine whether a person is dead or not?? I can only imagine what this conflicting news would do to friends and family members...

Sep 13, 2006
It's official, one of the 2 isn't dead, even though his situation is desperate. This is why he had been declared dead by the juventus official bullettin.

Sourches: Telelombardia, Quartarete (Piemontese loval tv station), tg2, gazzetta.it, sky corriere.it
Most probably Juventus relied on the official statement by the Carabinieri which was released earlier.

There is now greater confusion in the media than earlier on. Some are now saying that since the official confirmation of whether the players were dead or not had to be given by the doctors, when the Carabinieri, Juve and the media announced the deaths, the doctors had still not made the decisions. Probably on site at Vinovo, 2 and a half hours after the alarm was raised it was assumed that since the players showed no sign of life and considering the circumstances they were dead !!!

Lets` hope that the official sources were initially wrong (and I was wrong in insisting on their official versions !!)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Crazy. How hard can it be to determine whether a person is dead or not?? I can only imagine what this conflicting news would do to friends and family members...
If the lake was extremely cold, he would have next to no vital signs, amico mio.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
While obviously like everyone else I hope that if this is true, the player makes it and recovers. I think that if this latest news is true, there will be much more to answer than whether the lake - which is practically a reservior for the turf irrigation - was protected or not.
I don't understand this, what is so dangerous about a lake? Did they not know how to swim?

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
It has been my experience that very few Italians really know how to swim--at least the ones that I have met.

Also, the water must have been very cold...wouldn't take long to succomb to that.

I once jumped into a canal in December (I was retrieving a duck) and it literally took my breath away, and really slowed my heart.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I don't understand this, what is so dangerous about a lake? Did they not know how to swim?
if it is freezing cold the muscles will get tense and it will be hard to use them. It could be one of the players went in got a shock and began to sink and the other one tried to save him and only endangered his life, but it was the right thing to do if that was the case.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
What is being called an artificial lake is not really a lake.... it is a rainwater catching reservoir, so it was a rain water which is more difficult to swim in and practically frozen which makes it worse.
Actually, it makes it better. People that drown in warm weather have almost no chance. People who drown in frozen/nearly frozen water pull through over here quite often; again, we had a case recently of a boy that had been under water (he had broken through the ice) for over an hour--and survived.

Sep 13, 2006
La Gazzetta is now saying that the attempts at the Molinette to save Neri have failed as well....

"Subito dopo il recupero da parte dei Vigili del Fuoco, la società bianconera ha diramato un comunicato in cui annunciava la scomparsa dei ragazzi. I medici doverosamente hanno attuato tutte le procedure di rianimazione del caso e solo a tarda sera i sanitari del Cto hanno dichiarato ufficialmente morto Alessio Ferramosca, mentre alle Molinette tutti i tentativi di rianimare Riccardo Neri, giunto in condizioni disperate dovute al grave stato di ipotermia, erano vani."

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
La Gazzetta is now saying that the attempts at the Molinette to save Neri have failed as well....

"Subito dopo il recupero da parte dei Vigili del Fuoco, la società bianconera ha diramato un comunicato in cui annunciava la scomparsa dei ragazzi. I medici doverosamente hanno attuato tutte le procedure di rianimazione del caso e solo a tarda sera i sanitari del Cto hanno dichiarato ufficialmente morto Alessio Ferramosca, mentre alle Molinette tutti i tentativi di rianimare Riccardo Neri, giunto in condizioni disperate dovute al grave stato di ipotermia, erano vani."
Dear Lord, may he rest in peace.

I am so sad--I am in tears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)