Serie B: Juventus vs Cesena [01-16-2006] (5 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
we did well in the first half , mirante error caused the cesena goal and could have caused the second , we dont have any defenders now , balzaritti , paladino were the best players IMO , we are back on top but the question can we stay there???

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
good game by the team, played well and held on for the win with the help of a bit of luck

some ratings:

Mirante- needs a bit more experience as at many points in the game he made the wrong decisions and could've cost us the game on the last breathe with that fumble.

zebina-made a stupid choice when he kicked the other player, but overall he was good imo.Covered well and made some strong challenges.Still he needs to improve his covering and that was evident in the goal

Kovac-as his partner in defense, he had a solid game.Reminded me of the kovac of last season with his tough challenges.Hope his injury isnt that bad.

Biri-I dont know what got into him after zebina got sent off as he was a crazy man.Throwing himself on everything and everyone infront of him.He was alrite on the defensive part but offensively hes still lacking.

Balza-after those last dismal games by fedirico,he put in a great game tonight.Going up and down the left flank and crosses that r 100% accurate.Set up the 2nd goal to Trezi perfectly. I hope he builds up on this performance for the future and keeps up the good work.:tup:

paro&marchisio- i guess there were like the unknown soldiers tonight.I liked the way both played although there were times where there positioning was just wrong and they didnt provide that much cover for the back line.However Marchisio had a very good shot on goal and paro showed his passing skills tonight as they were as accurate as u would ask for.

camo-Had a more quiet game, but still helped out and worked hard as always.Showed some nice touches and added the needed creativity to the midfield.

Palladino-Great game by the youngster, he was just a joy to watch and provided amazing balls to the front line.Showed his skills all over the field, and gave the cesena defense a hard time everytime he was on the ball.He will establish himself as a great asset to this team by those kind of performances. MOM :tup:

Alex-Agitated is the word to describe the captain i guess.Haven't seen him this angry in a while now, but on football terms he did very well especially on his work rate as it was just amazing.He did well to finish tap in the goal and set up balza with that through pass.

Trezi-for the ppl who saw the game and saw the 2nd reply of his goal,you would know how good he is.It shows the precise run he made to take that great header.Overall the game he missed some chances that he wouldn't usually but he was more involved in this game than the last one so credit goes to him there.

DD-The game showed that hes an adventurous coach, down to 10 men and doesnt even close up the midfield.He did well to make the focus after the defeat and get them right back on track.However he has to be cautious at some times,as tonight's game could've blown up in his face at the end.
Great summary, Sateeh. A couple of extra points:

* Biri laid in two decent crosses near goal (rather than in front of goal) that ultimately lead to the first goal (hit Palladino at the edge) and almost a third goal that DP missed. So I thought he had a better than usual offensive game, and he was pretty effective overall in stepping up with our injuries at the back.

* I've been critical of Palladino in the past, but today he really showed good ball control and creativity.

My ratings

Mirante - 6
Zebina - 6
Kovac - 6.5
Balzaretti - 6.5
Paro - 6 (good outing today, better at more things than usual)
Marchisio - 5.5 (he's been better)
Camo - 6
Palladino - 7
DP - 6 (damn, was he pissed)
Trez - 6 (though a great goal under marking)
DD - 6

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
thanks for the ratings guys, I cannot disagree too much with either Sateeh or Greg, but I will add that I thought that we had one of the best first halves I've seen in a long while.

Paro and Marchisio did well early on, and Palla did good in the midfield, even though he is most dangerous in the box as a striker

DP and Trez did what was expected of them, and the defense was solid in the first half...overall, I was impressed with our control of the game

We could've/should've had more goals in the first half, imo

The second half was a little different, though. After about the 60th minute, Mirante made an error that led to a goal (not that the defense helped him there either), and Zebina, not for the first time, let his emotions take over and turned into "Super-Idiot", and got a completely avoidable red card

From there, things got worse. Kovac gets injured, Cesena keeps attacking, and gets robbed of a Pelle goal. The goal should have stood, it was incidental contact with Mirante, and I dont know what the ref saw, but the game should have ended a draw

Never mind the summer signings, are defense is gone, and we need some good players NOW !!!!

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
i just have one comment on this game:
Palladino is starting to get more confident and the way he dribbles it kind of reminds me of DP when he first started espeically when moving in the left, he just need two things only, build up his body alittle bit sometimes he can't match the defenders in strong physical contacts. the secand is the finishing. nice to see a player learning from Dp

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i just have one comment on this game:
Palladino is starting to get more confident and the way he dribbles it kind of reminds me of DP when he first started espeically when moving in the left, he just need two things only, build up his body alittle bit sometimes he can't match the defenders in strong physical contacts. the secand is the finishing. nice to see a player learning from Dp
:agree: i think hes something for the future

Sep 14, 2003
t
Cesena keeps attacking, and gets robbed of a Pelle goal. The goal should have stood, it was incidental contact with Mirante, and I dont know what the ref saw, but the game should have ended a draw
Maybe so, but it's nice to see the benefit of any doubt going our way this season.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I just don't understand how Zebina got a three match ban, yet Lucarelli can pull a flying elbow on Pandev and leave with a yellow card.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Palla is terrific he glides on the ball it is something to behold really! his fluent wen confident and when he is in such a mode it is actually wonderful viewing.
Reminds me of myself wen i play really...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
:disagree:

Note that my rating above was for his play, without his ejection, since few could see the match. His ejection was entirely preventable. But IMO, he deserved the red.
Zebina deserved a 3 match ban.

However, Cesena player deserved the red card before Zebina, he practically head-butted Zebi.

Another referee mistake that costs us a first-team player.

And what the hell is happening with Juve, they cannot hold on a 2-0 lead anymore, FFS.

Almost "Arezzo case" again... :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)