Serie B: Juventus vs Cesena [01-16-2006] (48 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
do you want to shut your mouth considering we stopped talking about that about half an hour ago because we realised it was disrespectful. I know a tragic accident has occured and i am as upset as everyone else if not more so, i dont see why you have to make such a ridiculous comment at an innapropriate time aswell, what a hypocrite
hey y'all back up back up no messing with martino :) lets all just chill y'all

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Does it take a moderator to get a forum not to fight in a thread were we are mourning one, possibly 2, 17 year olds?

This is the last written warning. The next time I read soemthing disrespectful here, I won't spare "real" warnings.
i know but were all touchy at the moment, plus were firey italians, a bit of slack please

OP
durasel

durasel

Nov 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #507
    Arif i have prob with forums and dont load ever.So i cant use search.

@Thx for your reply isha00.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Arif i have prob with forums and dont load ever.So i cant use search.

@Thx for your reply isha00.

well, in that case:

Juve game postponed after grave accident

Juventus' Serie B clash with Cesena on Friday night has been postponed after a serious accident in which two young Juve players died.

The two 17-year-old players, Riccardo Meli and Alessio Ferramosca, drowned as they attempted to retrieve some footballs that had fallen into a small artificial lake within the club's training centre in Turin.

Fire brigade divers retrieved the two bodies from the icy cold water.

The game was cancelled immediately as a Juventus spokesperson broke the tragic news.

"Tonight's game will not be contested, and the public is invited to hold on to their tickets," he said.

"A serious incident has hit our club. The sporting director, Alessio Secco, the management and the players all decided not to play the game, which will now be rescheduled for 2007."

eurosport.com

Sep 13, 2006
    can anyone clarify? is one of our gems still alive because im hearing different things here
    Unfortunately no. Both are dead . Apparently the accident happened late in the afternoon, but according to the mayor of Vinovo, the two players were taken away from the site at around 2015.

A few moments ago I also saw a recording of the official statement made by Juve and read by a visibly shaken Alessio Secco who made it clear that he will read the statement but will not answer any questions.

The statement mentioned the players by name, that the accident took place in Vinovo and that the investigations by the authorities are still on-going to determine what really happened.

On a side note, its the second bad and tragic news that hits the Agnelli-IFIL controlled companies today : early this morning Clay Regazzoni, a former Formula 1 driver who had his best times with Ferrari, died in a car accident close to Parma. Regazzoni had been in a wheelchair for the last 26 years but was still able to drive.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    A guy that has a friend working in the Torino hospital, confirms that Alessio is still alive, even though his situation is very, very crtical.

i know but were all touchy at the moment, plus were firey italians, a bit of slack please
    Slack? Go and read the last couple of pages.
    It's all about respect.
    I hope that from now on all the posts will be about Alessio and Riccardo.

Sep 13, 2006
    A guy that has a friend working in the Torino hospital, confirms that Alessio is still alive, even though his situation is very, very crtical.
    I guess that rather than on hear-say and what the friend of a friend of a friend said we should rely on facts.

I don`t think that the carabinieri, the news agencies and Alessio Secco are so stupid to say that two players died when one of them is still alive, no ?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004

It's all about respect.
    i have read them and i agree it should all be out of respect, im just saying understand the circumstances, people are getting touchy because they are shocked and upset. glad to hear alessio still has a chance, why do other articles say two bodies were recovered though, how reliable is your info?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006

It's all about respect.
    if this is true i hope alessio pulls thru like pessotto did

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005

It's all about respect.
    Amica mia,

That lake must be freezing--why did the coaches, etc let them go...do they know?

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    I guess that rather than on hear-say and what the friend of a friend of a friend said we should rely on facts.

I don`t think that the carabinieri, the news agencies and Alessio Secco are so stupid to say that two players died when one of them is still alive, no ?
    Probably, but the news of Alessio being still alive came from a TV station (and was later confirmed by this friend).
    There's still a tiny chance one of them is still alive, I thought it was right to post it here.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    Probably, but the news of Alessio being still alive came from a TV station (and was later confirmed by this friend).
    There's still a tiny chance one of them is still alive, I thought it was right to post it here.
    The fact that it's so cold works in his favor. We have had people who were under the water for an hour survive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)