Serie B: Juventus vs Cesena [01-16-2006] (7 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Elvin said:
no doubt. We've owned everyone possible :D
Except some English Clubs...:frown:

After making it seven on the trot against Hellas Verona this weekend, Juventus now have their sights set on an eighth consecutive home win. Friday night sees the Bianconeri play host to Cesena, one of the championship’s most consistent performers. It will be the teams’ second meeting of the season after their second round Coppa Italia tie at the “Dino Manuzzi” stadium back in August. Juvetus ran out 2-1 winners that day, with goals from Bojinov and Del Piero, but since then, the Bianconeri aren’t the only ones to have made significant progress. Fully fit and tactically well-versed, both sides are blazing similarly illustrious trails in the championship this year. Just as the Bianconeri’s exemplary season can be attributed to the hard work of Monsieur Deschamps, Fabrizio Castori can be credited with Cesena’s excellent results so far, getting the very best out of the players he has available. There is an almost perfect understanding between the various elements and rarely does one see any changes in key personnel. Castori favours a 4-3-3 featuring high-calibre players such as goalkeeper Turci (formerly of Udinese and Sampdoria), all-action holding midfielder Pestrin and Salvetti, the team’s captain and resident of the left side of midfield. Complementing the physical presence of classic centre-forward and Italian Under-21 Pellè in attack are the pacey duo of Senegalese, Papa Waigo, and former Atalanta man, Lazzari.

Juventus.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Go to see in the paper this morning that both Zanetti and Trezeguet are back for selection against Cesena on Saturday. Sorry to see Marchisio has picked up that injury. I hear that he will be missing till end of year.

Now looking to be a three way fight for title with Napoli and Bologna.

Our odds are still showing 1/10 to win Serie B. 1/33 to be promoted.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
What three way fight?

Juventus will end first with at least 15 points infront of first promotion rival...We would have been leading now with already 9 points if it weren´t that penalty...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Luftwaffles said:
Mark 83

In the next ten monutes can you give me your estimate of what points Juve will end the season with?

I'll then let you know my estimate.
42 games, 28 wins, 12 draws, 2 defeats -------> that means 96 points (with our points penalty) = 87 points

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Luftwaffles said:
Cesena look like a much improved side to the one we beat 2-1 not too long ago.

What sort of tactics, formation and players do you think DD will use.
even our team is much different than the one that beat them

I think DD will play:

--------------Buffon------------------------
Birindelli-------Boumsong------------Kovac-----------Chiellini
Camoranesi-----------Zanneti---------Paro-------------Palladino
--------------Bojinov------------Del Piero

Then he will put in Trezeguet in at some time

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Michael_Cutajar said:

I think DD will play:

:agree: :tup:

I like that formation, BUT don´t forget that Marchionni will be available too...

And Zebina is a better choice at right back, even Piccolo, just keep Birindelli out.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Michael_Cutajar said:

I think DD will play:

I think DD will play Zalayeta instead of Bojinov and Zebina instead of Birindelli.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
i forgot about Zebina. Bojinov had scored in the Coppa against Cesena so maybe it will bring back his confidence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)