Serie B: Juventus - Modena [23/9/06] (1 Viewer)

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Serie B Tim - 22 Sep 2006 - 2:16 PM

Deschamps: “Let’s have a repeat of Crotone”

“Modena were a strong team last year. They lost three or four players over the summer, mostly in attack, but I’ve seen their game against Genoa and they were impressive. They have quality players and are particularly dangerous on the counter-attack”. Didier Deschamps knows the danger Saturday’s opposition pose, but the return of his captain will be one less thing to worry about. “Del Piero is available. His injury wasn’t serious, just a minor inflammation that needed treatment, and he’s been back in training since Wednesday”.
With Zebina also back to fitness, the coach can very nearly boast a full compliment of players. “With the exception of Tudor and Legrottaglie, I have a full squad available, and I’m hoping that everyone will be in the same physical condition by the end of the month. Those who are on form will be picked; I can’t make everyone happy but it’s the group that’s important and the players must give their all no matter whether they play ten minutes, half an hour or a full game at a time. I don’t like to think of the team as the 'Juve of champions’, there are others in the group who are just as important and I’m happy to pick those on better form”.

Deschamps singled out one of those players, Jean-Alain Boumsong. “With only 45 minutes for Newcastle and 60 for France under his belt before he arrived here, he’s had a strange run up to the season. He still needs time to adapt to the Italian way but he’s feeling good, he knows what he can do, and his performance against Crotone will certainly help boost his confidence”.

Juventus have looked more settled in their Serie B surroundings of late. “I’m hoping we can continue with the same mentality. Football is all about confirmations, and we’re looking to build on the solid performance against Crotone. If we play like that every time then we’re in good shape”. For Deschamps, it’s still too early to be discussing league tables. “We’re still only at the beginning of the championship, we’ll need to wait a couple of months before we start talking numbers. One thing for sure though is that every team, even the favourites, have the potential to lose every game if they don’t go out there with the right competitive spirit. If we don’t respond to the physical and mental demands of this league, we risk losing games we are expected to win”.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
The call-ups for tomorrow

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Kovac
6 Zanetti
8 Giannichedda
9 Bojinov
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Mirante
14 Balzaretti
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Boumsong
19 Paro
20 Palladino
25 Zalayeta
27 Zebina
32 Marchionni

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Eurosport is showing grand? touring cars :wallbang: - live from Istanbul, instead of Juve! On Fri evening, they show Spezia - Verona & on Mon, Bologna - Rimini.
I can't get Rai Int on TV. Any streams?

laffayette

Jul 11, 2006
ForzaDelPiero10 said:
The call-ups for tomorrow

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Kovac
6 Zanetti
8 Giannichedda
9 Bojinov
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Mirante
14 Balzaretti
16 Camoranesi
17 Trezeguet
18 Boumsong
19 Paro :toast:
20 Palladino
25 Zalayeta
27 Zebina
32 Marchionni
What a wonderful team we have here..:pint: So, Ale's fit for tomorrow game! Forza Ale!! and Paro :)

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
laffayette said:
Forza Ale!! and Paro :)
We will need these 2 players more & more in home games as teams look to defend deep with lots of men behind ball, their drive & creativity will prove essential. Lets hope the Nedved & Camoranesi of the 2nd half v Crotone show up too, not their dire 1st half impostors!

Non calcio senza Juve!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
good to see the captain and camo back.It wont be an easy game.
And i think that DD would start with zanetti---gianni in the middle since modena r such a strong team on the counter.

anyway lets hope for the best tomorrow , forza juvee

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Lift-off for Juve!

Juve are climbing high! Team shirts signed by two of the Bianconeri’s greatest heroes, Del Piero and Nedved, will be sent into orbit on Monday, 25th September, from the brand new “Southwest Regional Spaceport” in New Mexico.

The project, master minded by Juventus and Juventus Merchandising to send out the message, “Let’s take Juve back among the stars…”, has a charitable aim. Once they’ve been brought back down to earth, the shirts will in fact be auctioned off on the Juvestore.com website, with part of the proceeds going to the “Crescere Insieme al Sant’Anna” benefit.

:shocked:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)