Serie B: Juventus - Modena [23/9/06] (1 Viewer)

Anverch

Dec 18, 2005

vs

Juventus vs Modena
Saturday, September 23th 2006
10:00am EST
Stadio Olimpico di Torino

I hope DP10 gets to 200 this weekend. FORZA JUVE 4 LIFE.

EDIT:

Taken from Rhizoid's post

Team: FC Modena

Full Name: Modena Football Club 1912
Founded: 05.04.1912
Stadium: Alberto Braglia
20.500 capacity
Address: Via Scaglia Est 17/A
I-41100 Modena
Telefon: 0 59 - 35 25 15
Telefax: 0 59 - 34 28 57
e-Mail: [email protected]
URL: www.modenafc.net

[/CENTER]

Bring on Modena. This is a city, that is famous for it's car factories that make the famous Lamborghini and Ferrari. As you can see it is situated in the north, and is in the Reggio Emilia region...meaning these guys have fierce derbies with the likes of Parma, Bologna, Reggiana. For the past 15 years or so, the "champions" of this region is without a doubt, Parma. So Modena have been living in the shadows of their bitter rivals many years, and their brief stint in Serie A didn't prove that the Modenese were able to keep up with the big boys.

Their football team may struggle, but in the world of Volleyball, Modena have won the Italian championship 11 times.

Modena's recent rise took place when a certain Gianni de Biasi was at the helm of the then Serie C1 side in 1999. When he finished 11th with the side, not many thought that things would change. But in 2000/2001 Modena conquered the Serie C1 and finished in first place earning them direct promotion to Serie B.

Here are the historic scenes of 2001:

Modena made history when their team finished second in B in 2001/2002 thanks to sixteen goals from Fabbrini. Di Biasi proved that his C1 win was no fluke and steered the team straight into Serie A. Below are is the team photo for that historic 2002 season in which they achieved promotion.

In 2002/2003 Modena just managed la Salvezza by the skin of their teeth finishing 12th on 38 points along with four other teams as it was goal difference that separated them and Reggina - the latter to go down.

They had players such as Dioumansy Kamara, Nicola Amoruso, Simone Pavan, Omar Milanetto, Massimo Marazzina. However, despite having these decent names in the squad, there was one name missing, as in 2003/2004 Gianni de Biasi went to manage Baggio's Brescia.

They needed a win on Matchday 34 against Lazio in order to survive...

However, they lost 2-1, and were cruelly sent back down.

The last time they played Juve in Torino, they lost 3-1 with goals from Maresca, and 2 from TrezeGol. Marazzina scored for them.

Daniele Zorratto, formerly of Parma's technical staff [I think he once was a temporary coach with them in 2004?], is the current Modena coach. Practically with zero managerial experience, this man has alot of responsibility on his hands. Given Modena's slow start to the campaign, they finally managed to get on the score-sheet and scrape up a home win vs. one of the Serie B favorites - Genoa. However, their chances for promotion are slim if they don't get their act together.

Daniele Zorratto is the one wearing blue -

The team morale is definitely high after their last win...

2006/2007 Roster:

MODENA F.C.

PORTIERI
14 Antonio Narciso
78 Giorgio Frezzolini
87 Jacopo Vergari
DIFENSORI
2 Paolo Ricchi
3 Armando Perna
6 Luca Ungari
21 Nicholas Sebastian Frey
22 Angelo Antonazzo
23 Juri Tamburini
26 Tommaso Chiecchi
27 Matteo Centurioni
32 Giovanni Morselli
CENTROCAMPISTI
4 Luca Baldo
10 Ivan Tisci
11 Simone Bentivoglio
18 Michele Troiano
25 Nicola Campedelli
77 Carlo Luisi
ATTACCANTI
7 Ignazio Abate
8 Alex Pinardi
9 Roberto Colacone
17 Marco Bellesia
19 Flavio Lazzari
20 Cris Gilioli
99 Ferdinando Sforzini

Captain: Nicola Campedelli

Star Players:

Alex Pinardi, formerly of Lecce, an Atalanta youth product. IMO this player deserved better chances from better Serie A clubs...shame he hasn't made the cut.

18 year old starlet, and a possible prospect - born in Roma, Ferdinando Sforzini

And their goalkeeper, Frezzolini, seems to be a fan favorite as well.

Their fans had something interesting to say about that..."Don't touch my Frez"

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Woah we are having lots of games in few days...

Hope the guys dont get overburned too soon in mid season if things go on this way :S

Vimto

Jan 18, 2006
Hydde said:
Woah we are having lots of games in few days...

Hope the guys dont get overburned too soon in mid season if things go on this way :S
It's serie B It's no serie A Juve will win the serie B You saw yesterday more teams will play like that, It will be like taking candy of baby:D Let's beat Modena hope Del piero is fit I hope He makes 2 goals atleast.:agree:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Juve per sempre said:
give boji & trezy a try together & replace on of them for dp in the 2nd!
i think thats wats going to happen.I dont think alex would be 100% to play 90mins.
I want Palladino to score

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
If Del Piero isn't fit like I said, I wouldn't take the risk and play him, I'd start Trezeguet and Bojinov....If Alex is fit, then I'd want to see him alongside David.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
zizoufan said:
Our attack is all hungry for goals
People last year thought I dislike Zlatan because he's superior to Alex(something which will never happen). Take a look now we have 5forwards, I'm enjoying this competition between Zala,Palla,Boji and probably lets say Dp-David...

Last year It was diff case, I couldn't stand that frog and his Coach....

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
People last year thought I dislike Zlatan because he's superior to Alex(something which will never happen). Take a look now we have 5forwards, I'm enjoying this competition between Zala,Palla,Boji and probably lets say Dp-David...

In some extent, u were right man. I've never brought down the "majesty" of delpiero as a juventus player. I was just loving blindly the skills of zlatan. I believe it's not the mistake of zlatan but basically of our former famous coach cappello, as u said there were no competition because every match it's the same.
Now, I'm delighted that DD uses the team well and creating an environnement of competition which will be benefic for the team!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
zizoufan said:
In some extent, u were right man. I've never brought down the "majesty" of delpiero as a juventus player. I was just loving blindly the skills of zlatan. I believe it's not the mistake of zlatan but basically of our former famous coach cappello, as u said there were no competition because every match it's the same.
Now, I'm delighted that DD uses the team well and creating an environnement of competition which will be benefic for the team!
Exactly.

You can also tell how united this group is...Just take a look at Bojinov's statement last night after the game. Thats what I call class. He's aiming to give more and will try to achieve what Dp and David did to the Club. I know talking is cheap but It's not cheap in keeping the atmosphere great inside the team.

What Didier did last night was brave and very smart...Del Piero was left out of the game due to Injury, he Instead left Trezeguet also out on the bench, and gave Zala, Palladino, Boji some chance, to show their hunger. Not to also forget when he subs Pavel with Palladino, this showed how much he wants and he's welling to play attacking football. Something Capello was afraid of.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
Exactly.

You can also tell how united this group is...Just take a look at Bojinov's statement last night after the game. Thats what I call class. He's aiming to give more and will try to achieve what Dp and David did to the Club. I know talking is cheap but It's not cheap in keeping the atmosphere great inside the team.

What Didier did last night was brave and very smart...Del Piero was left out of the game due to Injury, he Instead left Trezeguet also out on the bench, and gave Zala, Palladino, Boji some chance, to show their hunger. Not to also forget when he subs Pavel with Palladino, this showed how much he wants and he's welling to play attacking football. Something Capello was afraid of.

U should add the following :
he was also afraid of making some subs and not giving any chance to "hunger" youngsters and we noticed that they have too much to prove.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
Im dying to see Palladino Bojinov Duo, I think they'll work well together.
well, the time will come for that but IMO , DD is doing well now keeping some youngters in the bench to learn, giving them 15 min or more to show what they want to show on the pitch. He 's just keeping on saying : hey guys, u have such icons in the pitch learn from them first and then fire up :agree:
and if u heard boji's word yesterday u'll know what i mean

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Azzurri7 said:

:lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)