Serie B: Crotone - Juventus [19/9/06] (24 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Jeeks said:
I don't know why but it feels that we do have squad depth this year. We sold five important players and we seem to be strong on the bench. Last year I remember Crapello complaining about depth at times.
Probably because Crapello relied too heavily on older players. He didn't give the younger players a chance & DD has. I remember the commentators last season going on about the "average age" of Juve & milan being 30/30+.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Crotone 0-3 Juventus
Juventus picked up their first Serie B win at the weekend and, despite missing the injured Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet, continued to climb out of their 17-point Calciopoli ditch with victory at Crotone.

The home side had the expected aggressive start, but couldn’t create any real chances and paid the price. Valeri Bojinov broke through after half an hour, spinning round his marker to turn in a Marcelo Zalayeta pass from six yards. Jean-Alain Boumsong has been criticised so far this season for costly errors in defence, but the former Newcastle United man scored a rare goal at the other end of the field, rising to nod in a Mauro Camoranesi corner kick. Crotone didn’t give in and Veron’s strike skimmed the crossbar before half-time.

Juve have repeatedly allowed opponents back into the game this season, but remained humble and worked hard to prevent any Crotone counter-attacks in the second period. Camoranesi went off after a knock to his ankle. Bojinov put the result beyond doubt when slotted home Federico Balzaretti’s pass, but it was a controversial goal as the Bulgarian was offside when his teammate received and came back into play to score.
Scorers: Bojinov 30, 77 (J), Boumsong 36 (J)

Crotone: Soviero; Alioui (Fusco 83), Rossi, Maietta, Bonomi; Veron, Cardinale, Gallardo; Gentile (Sedivec 63), Lopez, Nanni (Cariello 63)
Juventus: Buffon; Birindelli, Kovac, Boumsong, Balzaretti; Zanetti (Paro 58), Giannichedda; Camoranesi (Marchionni 71), Nedved (Palladino 67), Bojinov; Zalayeta

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic, I totally agree with your comments.

I want to say something in general. We start the games very nervous, we are confused and our decisions are hasty. It is good that tonight we scored early because that helped gather our nerves together and actually dictate the game on a much weaker opponent.

We will be facing a lot of much weaker opponents but we will have some trouble with some teams, this nervousness and hasteness might be a virus that will haunt us in games. I hope it will be fixed, and not by scoring early goals as it might not be possible all the time.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
AngelaL said:
Probably because Crapello relied too heavily on older players. He didn't give the younger players a chance & DD has. I remember the commentators last season going on about the "average age" of Juve & milan being 30/30+.
Crapello barely made substitions, that is why.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Jeeks said:
Dominic, I totally agree with your comments.

I want to say something in general. We start the games very nervous, we are confused and our decisions are hasty. It is good that tonight we scored early because that helped gather our nerves together and actually dictate the game on a much weaker opponent.

We will be facing a lot of much weaker opponents but we will have some trouble with some teams, this nervousness and hasteness might be a virus that will haunt us in games. I hope it will be fixed, and not by scoring early goals as it might not be possible all the time.
Exactly. When we finally settle into our own rythme, we easily outplay the other teams.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jeeks said:
Crapello barely made substitions, that is why.
and the thing is most if not all of didi's subs this season have been attacking and positive, in contrast to crapello's where we wud be 1-0 up looking like its sealed and it wud be the longest minute of our lives every weekend

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Crapello brought in Emerson when we were one goal down last year. Deschamps put a forward instead of a midfielder when we were two goals up this year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Badass Devil said:
that has helped we need to try and prevent genoa and napoli gaining a stronghold
My thoughts exactly. It's hopeful to see them also having their struggles.

Yeargh!!! :eyepatch:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Dominic said:
My player ratings:

Buffon 6/10
Nothing do to do. Caught what he had to catch.

Birindelli 5.5
Difficult night for him, had some problems throughout. He held his own well though.

Kovac 6
Solid game.

Boumsong 6.5
Finally solid at the back and scored a goal.

Balzaretti 6.5
Also solid and had a good assist.

Zanetti 6
Did his job well, does what you expect him to do.

Giannichedda 6.5
Ditto Zanetti and more, he was a beast. A beast in control of things.

Camoranesi 7
My man of the match. Don't doubt his quality or resolve. Marchionni is a player i'm glad we have, but Marco has nothing on Camoranesi's abilty. Also an assist for Camo. Shame he had to go off injured.

Nedved 6
Invisible and poor in the first half, great in the second. Balances out to a 6.

Bojinov 6.5
Started out a bit weak, but his first goal helped the team and himself a great deal. Was quiet the rest of the match, but he scored another.

Zalayeta 6
His presence helps the midfielders a lot in gaining space. He has great ability, but was a bit lacking in the final third with his runs and positioning. Had a good assist.

What you think

please discuss
I agree with you Dominic,Camo was our best player tonight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)