Serie B: Crotone - Juventus [19/9/06] (6 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Thank you Dom & Juve Adam for the explanations of the game.

Good to see Boumsong having a solid game.This will help him and day by day he will just become better imo.

Biri didnt have the best of games AGAIN? mybe we should see both Balza and chiellini in the modena game.Also since balza had a solid defensive game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
An important victory. I had the fortune of watching the game and I was left impressed with our performance.

Buffon didn't have much to do except one or two small chances, but as always he took care of business.

The defence did well. Boumsong played a good match and made no vital errors. Kovac was rock soild as well. Balzaretti and Birindelli did well to cover the flanks stopping Crotone from making any real chances from the flanks. So it was very pleasing to see a Juventus side that managed to keep a clean sheet.

But credit must also go to our hard working midfield... In the center Zanetti and Giannichedda proved to be like a tank versus the opponent's ever chasing players. Nedved and Camoranesi worked their ass off too. So the clean sheet was a combination of a hard working midfield who showed love and passion for the shirt and a dedicated defence.

Offencevely Nedved and Camoranesi linked up well. It's amazing how well these two players know each other. In the absence of Del Piero and Trezeguet Bojinov proved to be the clinical finisher that made him a rising star back in his Lecce days. It comforts me too know that we have Del Piero, Trezeguet AND Bojinov who can score goals in Serie B. Zalayeta did well too setting up the first goal and basically playing an OK game.

In time I am also hoping for Palladino to turn into a great striker. So, when we're back in Serie A destroying everyone again we can say that we have all the strikers we need to succeed.

We're gonna need depth in Serie B because when the injuries kick in we need to have the backups ready.

Deschamps is an intelligent man and also tried out a 4-3-3 when the victory was home. He was an brilliant player himself and it seems he is transmitting his knowledge about football into this team. In time when the players have got used to each other and we will be back in Serie A with new stars in defence and midfield there is no limit to where this coach can take us.

Praise aside, we must remember that we met a weak opponent. We need to be sure that we can play well also against the likes of Napoli, Genoa and so on.

Serie B is no walk in the park. The players chase down the player in possession of the ball like a lion hunting for a meal! There is no time to relax. We need to adjust to this change from the more tactical Serie A. But in time we will.

Watching this match has reaffirmed me in my faith that our beloved Juventus will without shadow of doubt return to Serie A for the 2007-2008 season.

Cheers my Juventini friends and enjoy this victory!!

Toodles... :pint:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Towards the end of the game the crotonese curva started chanting "Segna per noi, Gigi Buffon" (Score for us, Gigi Buffon). You could see Gigi laughing at this :D
Then there was a chant asking Juve to go under their curva. I thought it was a Juventini chanting it, but many tell me that it was the crotonesi :agree:

I read some Crotonesi had scarfs and shirts half red/blue and half bianconeri, cause most of the population there supports Juventus. Their major organized so that everyone could see the match in the main square and he and even police (and such) simply ignored Sky's threats not to do it.

And I saw a pic of some patients of the local hospital watching the match from the 6th floor windows of the building.:agree:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Alexander said:
Serie B is no walk in the park. The players chase down the player in possession of the ball like a lion hunting for a meal! There is no time to relax. We need to adjust to this change from the more tactical Serie A. But in time we will.
Good points all round but this is what we needed to get used to. Serie B speed is like Serie A on nitrous!!! Those boys run everywhere every second! They hustle like it's the last match of their lives. Thankfully we got it right this time. We got into the pitch with the right attitude. There was no shaking hands & only after the 3rd goal did we relax our attitude. If we continue this way then we will be back in A sooner than most believe.

May 4, 2004
Juve_Kosova said:
If Camo plays as he did when he came on last game, He really should start... He is way better then Marchi imo.. I really do believe that Camo will give his all untill january.. He will not just play, to play.. He cant turn his back on Juve just like that.. I still have faith in him.. :)

:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ali said:
Am sure all tecnical aspects of the match have been discussed so here are my favourite non-technical moments:
1. Celebration of the 2nd goal was intense! Neddy was especially enthusiastic. This shows team spirit & bonding.
2. Did you see how Balza kept screaming (urging) Bojinov on to continue & score the 3rd goal? Awesome!!!
3. Doesn't it make you feel a bit special the way all the towns we visit go into a frenzy? :D
1- Its good to see our players fighting and feeling good beting opponents in B. One of my fears was that the plaers would be uninspired in B... but it seems they are taking care of the problem in the right manner.

There is no other way to go out of this death-pit but to play as a whole. We need the help of everyone here. we have the players to do that!.

3-LOL yeah, it seem that every park we will visit , will go wild!!!.

IMO this can be good for us because for players like alessandro and Trez and Nedved,, to play in stadiums with 3k fans it would be too boring.... but even when they are facing teams with 10k capacity in their stadiums... they feel the pressure,,as everyone want to see us down!.
this motivates the guys to go on and dont let the B teams beat us.

It sucks to be in B.... but HELL it really feels good to not have Capello around XD.

Its like a new beggining :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)