Serie B: 26/05/07: Juventus - Mantova (1 Viewer)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I would start resting stars and playing a lot of youth with the guys they might be playing with in Serie A... really, all Juve needs is a result to clinch, plus Napoli getting a result v. Genoa in the last week.

I'd like to see 90 mins of Giovinco, and may as well test Mirante out too. Give Palladino and Marchisio some more experience, perhaps along side Zanetti and Nedved, who will likely see a lot of Serie A time.

Desired Mantova Lineup:

Mirante
Balzaretti-Zebina-Boumsong-Chiellini
Palladino-Zanetti-Marchisio-Nedved
Giovinco-Del Piero

Subs: Marchionni, Bojinov, Bettega

I doubt Buffon will mind getting some time off, especially seeing as he's not sure he'll even be back, and if he's not, Juve has an obligation to see if they have someone in the system who can replace Buffon before shelling out on Amelia, Abbiati, De Sanctis or Frey.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would start resting stars and playing a lot of youth with the guys they might be playing with in Serie A... really, all Juve needs is a result to clinch, plus Napoli getting a result v. Genoa in the last week.

Now that's what I'm talking about. We should be giving the youngsters a chance for sure, especially Giovinco and perhaps even throw Urbano in if he's available.

Mirante

Balzaretti - Zebina - Urbano - Chiellini

Zanetti - Marchisio - Nedved

Palladino - Bojinov - Giovinco

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Now that's what I'm talking about. We should be giving the youngsters a chance for sure, especially Giovinco and perhaps even throw Criscito in if he's available.

Mirante

Balzaretti - Zebina - Criscito - Chiellini

Zanetti - Marchisio - Nedved

Palladino - Bojinov - Giovinco
Doesn't he get released to Juventus on July 1st?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Yes indeed, I meant Urbano. :confused:

Or one of the Primavera youngsters.
Ah, that would be a shocker. The entire Mantova squad would stand frozen in disbelief because they now know that he exists, leaving a simple obstacle course for Giovinco to weave through and score.

Let's give him a shot.

May 15, 2007
can't wait to see the match hope for this Juve team:

Buffon
Balza Boumsong Chiellini De Ceglie

Marchionni Marchisio Venitucci Palladino

Ale Giovinco

Subs: Mirante, Bianco, Bettega, Lanzafame, Pisani, Trez and Nedved

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
this will be a good chance for the youngsters but am really interested in Palladino, he had a good patch during the middle of the season. But then his performances were really below par.

These few games will be good for him to reassure us that he could provide for us next season. He will bare a lot of pressure next season imo

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Juve - Mantova .. Live on Rai International ..

this will be a good chance for the youngsters but am really interested in Palladino, he had a good patch during the middle of the season. But then his performances were really below par.
I think we will see his real performance in Euro U-21 2007 .

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Cant wait for euro under21
Me too .

btw , Italy will play a qualification game against Albania On 1 june for Euro U-21 2009 !! .

We having qualification for the 2009 U21 while the 2007 tournament is still going on !!

and by the way Only players born in 1986 and later will be eligible for these qualifiers. that's mean players like : Aquilani/Rosina/Chiellini/Pazzini/Montolivo/Palladino , can not play this one .

So , i hope Giovinco will be called up for this game .

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Thats sad cos those guys are like the heartbeat of the team. But with the likes of Giovinco making their way up it doesnt look so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)