Serie A vs EPL vs La Liga debate (2 Viewers)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
La Liga is vastly overrated. Its so boring to watch, its been a 2 horse race every year since 2004. Schoolboy defending week in week out. Italian teams always outsmart Spanish teams, Real Madrid get dicked every year by Italian teams (Roma x2, Juve x2 & Milan this season).

The EPL is in front of Serie A & La Liga, but Serie A is better than La Liga. Defintely.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Serie A style of play is bad for Europe, it's too slow and it's not aggressive... It's not working.
I don't know if it's the style. I mean, it worked for Italian teams all the time until recently. It's just the English teams have becpme less "English" and more European, blending a lot of the good traits from different parts of Europe.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
But I must say I wouldn't like to see us face Manchester at all.
As much as I cant stand man utd i have to agree with this.Based on the last couple of games,our team just looses pace & becomes way too tired in the second half.Man u have players that would rape our defense on the counter & not to mention that they could run non stop for the entire 90min.

Mar 10, 2009
top 4 in epl have gone worse this year. But we have to start beating them if we want to start claiming were better

IMO tho were better than la liga

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Serie A is definately better than spanish la liga nodoubt about that. Defence in la liga is a joke (a big one that is). Can't believe that some would rate la liga higher than serie A.

EPL > Serie A > bundesliga - french ligue 1> spanish la liga

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
This round in Europe so far (Nazio, Villareal and Merseyside's biggest club still have to play)

Italy- 5 wins, 1 draw
England- 1 win, 3 draws, 1 loss
Spain- 1 win, 4 draws

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
1. Is Serie A really that weak?
2. Can EPL teams continue with their power in Europe?
3. Is La Liga really so bad?

1. Yes, our clubs refuse to utilise youth propperly and the league have not taken progressive steps towards being competitive.

2. I doubt it, La Liga is stronger than the EPL, Barca Real and Sevilla are top,top teams- maybe not Sevilla

3. No, who contended that it was? It's only a 2 league team with about 8 other propper teams in it but it isn't poor.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #36
    1. Is Serie A really that weak?
    2. Can EPL teams continue with their power in Europe?
    3. Is La Liga really so bad?

1. Yes, our clubs refuse to utilise youth propperly and the league have not taken progressive steps towards being competitive.

2. I doubt it, La Liga is stronger than the EPL, Barca Real and Sevilla are top,top teams- maybe not Sevilla

3. No, who contended that it was? It's only a 2 league team with about 8 other propper teams in it but it isn't poor.
    How can say that Real is strong? Just based on what? Their old glory?

They suck so much it's incredible. They can't do shit without Ronaldo so that should tell you a lot. 8 teams? La Liga is poor and there's simply no way they can beat EPL teams.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    How can say that Real is strong? Just based on what? Their old glory?

They suck so much it's incredible. They can't do shit without Ronaldo so that should tell you a lot. 8 teams? La Liga is poor and there's simply no way they can beat EPL teams.
    They're still gelling as a team, one could say the same about us and Alex.

Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal
    I'd count teams like Deportivo and Betis as Propper teams, though not quite in the same league as the 6 above them.

Epl: Man Utd. Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, Man City
    Fulham,Everton,

Not as big a gap as you maintain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)