Serie A vs EPL vs La Liga debate (3 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How can Spanish beat EPL team? Only Barca is capable of doing that but it doesn't have to mean they're stronger overall.
By scoring more goals than the EPL team. :evil:

But seriously, I don't buy this blah-blah-blah-can't-beat-blah-blah-blah argument for the world's top leagues just because of the national affiliation of the club. It was only five years ago that Porto and Monaco duked it out in the CL final.

Sure, finances have changed a bit in the past five years. But it's not like that was in 1943.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #42
    They're still gelling as a team, one could say the same about us and Alex.

Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal
    I'd count teams like Deportivo and Betis as Propper teams, though not quite in the same league as the 6 above them.

Epl: Man Utd. Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, Man City
    Fulham,Everton,

Not as big a gap as you maintain
    I beg to differ.

We can do much without Alex but they can't do anything without him. Gelling what? They play piss poor and I hope we get them in the Champions League.

Are you talking about same Atletico that's holding number 18 in their league? I yeah, they are so strong with Aguero and 2 more players that are worth of mention. Deportivo and Betis? Seriously? Valencia is just decent who will drop down when they sell Silva/Villa. Villarreal is good but they are not on highest level at all.

Fulham is just decent and pretty much same goes for Everton but the rest of those you have mention are very good. Pool might be in some sort of crisis but it can only come out good. Arsenal is always out there, City is gonna be big while there's no need to discuss about Manure and Chelsea.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #43
    By scoring more goals than the EPL team. :evil:

But seriously, I don't buy this blah-blah-blah-can't-beat-blah-blah-blah argument for the world's top leagues just because of the national affiliation of the club. It was only five years ago that Porto and Monaco duked it out in the CL final.

Sure, finances have changed a bit in the past five years. But it's not like that was in 1943.
    I didn't make this thread so I could talk about English owning everything on that way. Just to compare teams and see the bag between. English teams usually over-run Italians so I wanted to see how people look at it.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    It's

Barca - Madrid - Sevilla - Valencia - Villareal

-vs-

Chelsea - United - Liverpool - Arsenal - City

The others shouldn't be mentioned when comparing the top teams. Villa.. Spurs.. Atletico.. meh.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    I beg to differ.

We can do much without Alex but they can't do anything without him. Gelling what? They play piss poor and I hope we get them in the Champions League.

Are you talking about same Atletico that's holding number 18 in their league? I yeah, they are so strong with Aguero and 2 more players that are worth of mention. Deportivo and Betis? Seriously? Valencia is just decent who will drop down when they sell Silva/Villa. Villarreal is good but they are not on highest level at all.

Fulham is just decent and pretty much same goes for Everton but the rest of those you have mention are very good. Pool might be in some sort of crisis but it can only come out good. Arsenal is always out there, City is gonna be big while there's no need to discuss about Manure and Chelsea.
    Their team is still gelling they'll hit form and be Very good.

Villa are not better than Valencia or Atletico it's absurd to say so. Thats the same Atletico that are in the same position as tottenham last year....

I never said Depor and Betis were top sides, just teams on a par with the likes of Fulham and West Ham.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I didn't make this thread so I could talk about English owning everything on that way. Just to compare teams and see the bag between. English teams usually over-run Italians so I wanted to see how people look at it.
    True.

And then came Fiorentina...

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #47
    True.

And then came Fiorentina...
    Well nothing is impossible but need I say there were 3 English and 1 Spanish team last in the semis...

We'll see this season but honestly, I don't think we can beat Chelsea and not even to mention Manchester who's play would destroy us IMO. It might be a fight against Arsenal. Inter might be strong on the paper and in Serie A but they are pretty bad in CL. Not only results but their play as well. Milan is going fail anyhow.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Odds are likely that it will be 2-3 English teams, 1 Spanish, and maybe a wild card in the final 4.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #50
    Odds are likely that it will be 2-3 English teams, 1 Spanish, and maybe a wild card in the final 4.
    So that's why I wanted to summarize the whole Serie A thing

Inter is strong but fails in Europe
    Milan is too weak
    We need more time
    Fiorentina is not capable of reaching far = 0

Manchester is very strong
    Chelsea is very strong
    Arsenal can cause troubles often
    Pool...not this year = 3

Barcelona is very hard
    Real is...average =1

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Going on form, they're the second best after Arsenal in the competition ATM, if we can discount teams in poor form then we can add teams in flying form :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Meh

Italian teams are doing the best so far in Europe out of the "Big 3" European Leagues.

The top four of the EPL are definitely the strongest (due to huge finances and barely any English players), but the teams in their league are pretty poor after that.

But I think our mid/lower teams >>>>>>> EPL mid/lower teams, which in turn makes our league more unpredictable and competitive.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    it's a cycle ... if in 97 juve dominated the world having bvb as rivals (since then za germans didn't produced much except 2001)...and in '00-'04 real made europe tremble. After that liverpool, milan, barca twice, manure, and porto got the league. So it's quite balance imo...no championship dominates the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)