[Serie A] Udinese - Juventus (20 Viewers)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #762
    I saw the game and I was impressed by the performance. We completely dominated Udinese and though the scoreline implies something else we never looked like dropping points. We had alot of quality chances and shots on goal, and limited them very well.

Zalayeta was a pleasant surprise as he added something to the team, not just goals like Treze. Though Zlatan was entertaining at times and looked a threat he is one selfish bastard and messed up some of our attacks by holding onto the ball too long or dribbling when he should have passed.

The defence was solid throughout. Thuram and Cannavaro's understanding is supreme and I just don't get how Canna was so much shite for Inter and has so easily re-established himself as one of the world's best centre backs. Kudos to him.

Zebina has surpassed all of my expectations. Average to decent? My ass! He's good defensively and offers an option in attack too. How about that left-footed rocket that left De Sanctis stranded? Everyone already knows what Zamboy is capable so no comment needed there.

From what I've seen so far this season Appiah-Emerson is better than any of the other central midfield duos. If we want to defend a lead then throw on Blasi or Tacchinardi, but I prefer the Appiah-Emerson partnership simply because it's more balanced. It still offers adequate cover to the back four but is more attacking than the other pairings. Camo was average as he mixed good with bad. Nedved is Nedved, I hope he doesn't get injured.

Ratings:

Buffon - 6
    Zebina - 6.5
    Thuram - 6.5
    Cannavaro - 6.5
    Zambrotta - 6.5
    Camoranesi - 6
    Appiah - 6.5
    Emerson - 6.5
    Nedved - 6.5
    Ibrahimovic - 5.5
    Trezeguet - 5

Zalayeta - 6.5
    Olivera - 6

rldyu

Sep 6, 2004
    for those who criticize ibra, please remember that even nedved who already played in serie a before he joined juve needed half the season to adjust to juve. and here, we have a striker, who needs to get himself accustomed to the harsh dfence of serie a and need to adjust to juve style of play. now, yes, he looked selfish. yes, he didnt know how to pass the ball. yes, he was trying to be maradona. but hey, isnt that a good thing??? the guy has a talent!!! to be honest, i'd rather gamble with ibra than waiting for alex to be like he was before that fateful injury in 98. every season, we are hoping that alex will be back, but he hasnt and it's been so many years....he is still important. he is our captain and we love him. but i see ibra as a better investment now....

about zala. i bet it wont be long before most of us forgot the good deeds that he had done for us....again!!!

btw, can olivera play as striker?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Well instead of criticizing Zlatan, we should be giving him more time to get himself accustomed to Serie A. He's only 23 and I think we will soon see Zlatan performing and working well with his teammates.

So guys pls be patient with Zlatan

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Trez injury has been a great blow for Juve, I juz hope that the new strike force can score goals for Juve.

And man I always forget the age of the players

Aug 1, 2003
    Of course we're giving Zlatan time. We're just putting into words how he's playing. He will improve, surely.

Anyway:

Tough decision awaits Trezeguet
    Monday, 4 October 2004
    Juventus FC and France striker David Trezeguet has to decide whether to have a shoulder operation which could rule him out for four months after aggravating an old injury yesterday.

Third time
    The 26-year-old is definitely out of France's FIFA World Cup qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland in Paris on Saturday and Cyprus away the following Wednesday. Trezeguet was substituted at half-time during last night's 1-0 victory at Udinese Calcio after dislocating his shoulder for the third time this year.

'No good news'
    "There is no good news about David," said Juve coach Fabio Capello. "He now has to decide whether to have an operation or carry on playing. If he does have surgery it would take him more or less four months to return to action." Trezeguet's regular strike partner at the Stadio Delle Alpi, Alessandro Del Piero, is already out for a fortnight with an achilles injury.

Champions League
    The Serie A leaders return to UEFA Champions League action on 19 October with a home game against FC Bayern München. Like Juve, Bayern have won both their Group C matches so far.

How long is this Zlatan ban? He would be able to make it against Munich, wouldn't he??

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
    Of course we're giving Zlatan time. We're just putting into words how he's playing. He will improve, surely.

Anyway:

Tough decision awaits Trezeguet
    Monday, 4 October 2004
    Juventus FC and France striker David Trezeguet has to decide whether to have a shoulder operation which could rule him out for four months after aggravating an old injury yesterday.

Third time
    The 26-year-old is definitely out of France's FIFA World Cup qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland in Paris on Saturday and Cyprus away the following Wednesday. Trezeguet was substituted at half-time during last night's 1-0 victory at Udinese Calcio after dislocating his shoulder for the third time this year.

'No good news'
    "There is no good news about David," said Juve coach Fabio Capello. "He now has to decide whether to have an operation or carry on playing. If he does have surgery it would take him more or less four months to return to action." Trezeguet's regular strike partner at the Stadio Delle Alpi, Alessandro Del Piero, is already out for a fortnight with an achilles injury.

Champions League
    The Serie A leaders return to UEFA Champions League action on 19 October with a home game against FC Bayern München. Like Juve, Bayern have won both their Group C matches so far.

How long is this Zlatan ban? He would be able to make it against Munich, wouldn't he??
    Not sure bout the Zlatan ban thing. I think he isn't banned. If he is, then I cannot think about the strike force of Juve. Man Zlatan really jeopardize Juve this time.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #770
    ++ [ originally posted by rldyu ] ++
    for those who criticize ibra, please remember that even nedved who already played in serie a before he joined juve needed half the season to adjust to juve. and here, we have a striker, who needs to get himself accustomed to the harsh dfence of serie a and need to adjust to juve style of play. now, yes, he looked selfish. yes, he didnt know how to pass the ball. yes, he was trying to be maradona. but hey, isnt that a good thing??? the guy has a talent!!! to be honest, i'd rather gamble with ibra than waiting for alex to be like he was before that fateful injury in 98. every season, we are hoping that alex will be back, but he hasnt and it's been so many years....he is still important. he is our captain and we love him. but i see ibra as a better investment now....

about zala. i bet it wont be long before most of us forgot the good deeds that he had done for us....again!!!

btw, can olivera play as striker?
    Zlatan is a brilliant talent and I know that he has it in him to be great, but I'm commenting on what he did against Udinese on Sunday. He didn't impress me, but I know he'll improve with time.

Olivera can play as a support striker if necessary but he's better in midfield. If anything put Kapo up there.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Hope that Zlatan will come to this forum and read wad we r posting hehe.

Zlatan will definitely progress to be an impressive player. To tell u the truth Zlatan didn't do well for the Udinese game, but I still have faith in him. Zlatan we will always support u!!!!!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by rldyu ] ++
    zlatan is only 24 and zala is only 25....look at our young strike force!!!!
    Zlatan is 23.

++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++

And who said that Zlatan will be banned?

Zlatan won't be banned. Referee saw the headbutt, and he didn't give him a red card, so video evidence can't be used to suspend Zlatan.

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

Zlatan is 23.

And who said that Zlatan will be banned?

Zlatan won't be banned. Referee saw the headbutt, and he didn't give him a red card, so video evidence can't be used to suspend Zlatan.
    These days video's can be used as a player makes a head-but of something else that shoul not happen on the pitch.. they only don't use the video if someone like Nedved in the semi-final against Madrid has had a wrong yellow card which suspended him for the final:fero::fero::fero:..

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Maurizio ] ++

These days video's can be used as a player makes a head-but of something else that shoul not happen on the pitch.. they only don't use the video if someone like Nedved in the semi-final against Madrid has had a wrong yellow card which suspended him for the final:fero::fero::fero:..

If a referee saws an incident and he won't give a red card to a player, then video evidence can't be used.

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004

If a referee saws an incident and he won't give a red card to a player, then video evidence can't be used.
    No if there is a serious foul in play it can be used..i'm 100 procent sure my friend.. it happens in Holland, Spain and England so why not Italy?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

No if there is a serious foul in play it can be used..i'm 100 procent sure my friend.. it happens in Holland, Spain and England so why not Italy?
    yeah, but in this case it's nothing serious.

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004

yeah, but in this case it's nothing serious.
    My friend listen... using your elbo or spitting or kicking when there is no ball than that is very serious my friend.. and i know Zlatan from Holland when he played at Ajax and there he did all the bad things on the pitch.. he is a super great player that will become a great one but what he does on the pitch is gone cost Juve some time some day a very long suspension..:(

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

My friend listen... using your elbo or spitting or kicking when there is no ball than that is very serious my friend.. and i know Zlatan from Holland when he played at Ajax and there he did all the bad things on the pitch.. he is a super great player that will become a great one but what he does on the pitch is gone cost Juve some time some day a very long suspension..:(

I know what you mean. But these kind of incidents happen. If referee sees it and it won't give a card, then video evidence can't be used.

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004

I know what you mean. But these kind of incidents happen. If referee sees it and it won't give a card, then video evidence can't be used.
    The last time i say this.. when it is serious and enough people who want to take a look at it than it CAN be used.. at least that's what happens in Holland,France,Belgium,Germany,Spain and England so proberly Italy also..So if whole Milan and Rome want Zlatan to be asked about it and if the papers write about it than the Italian football federation CAN take a look at it:down:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

The last time i say this.. when it is serious and enough people who want to take a look at it than it CAN be used.. at least that's what happens in Holland,France,Belgium,Germany,Spain and England so proberly Italy also..So if whole Milan and Rome want Zlatan to be asked about it and if the papers write about it than the Italian football federation CAN take a look at it:down:
    It's not Milan and Rome who could ask for Zlatan ban. The only team who can ask FA to ban Zlatan is Udinese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)