[SERIE A] Udinese 2 - 1 JUVENTUS (01/28/09) (7 Viewers)

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
Yeah I think Ranieri dropped the tactical ball - Sissoko was not coping well and needed some support. He robs balls but does not step into passing lanes so well

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Haha, i know.
But they're dying to say: I TOLD YOU SO, IDIOTS!!! WE SUCK, I WAS RIGHT ALL THE TIME!!! I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG!!!
if you are referring to me, at least put my name to it

I didnt see the game, only the highlights...or should I say lowlights

I've also read enough here to get a good understanding of what happened

Whether anyone wants to listen or not we are an above average team with a mediocre coach, who will not be adding any trophies to the cabinet this season....sad, but true

There's only 3 days left of the transfer market, and if management was serious about making this team a scudetto or CL contender, than they would have brought in a middie like Diego, and brought in at least one more fullback. If we make no moves on the transfer market than I dont believe this management team is serious about winning fuck-all this season. The team right now is incomplete

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
TBH Andy, this Ranieri is doing better than the Capello we had. If we want to compare our current situation to the situation we were in before Calciopoli, then Ranieri gets my vote.

I know for a fact, Capello wouldn't have the balls to coach this squad.
I can't agree, Rab. Capello would do more with this squad than Ranieri, unfortunately.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jack: This Juve vs Lippi's.. when I say I think we're weaker. Well, aren't we?
And when we talked about that I didn't say the opposite. Lippi's Juve was much stronger but at that time we had different objectives, we were coming from a different background, the needs were more demanding and many other factors that needed a stronger squad.

As I also told you once we raise our objectives the team will become stronger, these two go together. I am sure none in the team had the objective to fight for both the Scudetto and the CL but surprisingly we are which makes the team look even weaker.

Nice seeing you taking over from me a bit :D

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
ranieri is doing the best he can given the limitations of the group.
I don't think Mourinho would have done much better. Probably better, but not much better. He wouldnt win a scudetto too
Yes, Ranieri has doing great jobs to get second place with a lot of our players injury
Even in condition like this Capello, Lippi, or Mourinho must be in hard time when a lot of key players injury

but i want to tell is CR has no character in his tactics and plays
he can't be like Mou, Lippi, or Capello to request the player he needs who fit in his tactic and formation..
I remember he failed when he buy a lot of players like Veron, Mutu, Crespo (Chelsea), Fiore, Corradi (Valencia) and Almiron, Andrade (now)
I remember when Lippi replaced Ancelotti and Zidane go to Madrid in 2001 and Pippo to Milan, he can request player like Nedved, Buffon, or Thuram and we become scudetto again those year
Also with Capello, he can manage to bring Emerson, Ibra, or Canna

If we can compare the money we spent by Capello, Lippi, and CR is almost the same.. Even when Lippi spent a lot of money in transfer but he can manage a lot of money to get by Zidane, Pippo, or Van der Sar sale

but look for now...
the formation we have on midfield: Nedved - Marchi - Momo - MM/Camo is what we have in Serie B.. with Zanetti replaced by Momo..
Also for our defensive line, our best players like Legro - Chiellini is what we have too in Serie B

I imagine if we still with Deschamps who has character and request player based on what tactics or formation he wants to play, might be there will Lassana Diarra in CM and others, better than Andrade, Almiron or Tiago
But our management sacked him

Sorry to be out of topic on this Udine - Juve match
but i really upset week after week when saw Juve played
when there is no replacement for Nedved our great player in the past
or there is no substituted for Camo when he is injured
or when i see our fullback is only average
and i can't stop to imagine if CR and our management realize that

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I do not know if they are spending the same amount of money but I do not think its very fair to compare Lippi/Capello with Ranieri in terms of team building at this point in time.

Ranieri is building a Juve badly decimated after the calciopoli debacle, he does not have a DP or Neddy or even Trez in their prime like Capello did. And I certainy felt Capello inherited a stronger Juve than both Ranieri and Lippi in his 2nd stint.

When Lippi lost Zidane, he still have a young DP and Trez, a Ferrara/Montero defensive partnership, a Davids/Conte midfield. Neddy, Thuram, Buffon are added with the team structure still firmly in placed ...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
one of us ( sorry cuz i can't remember who did) said that lippi's team would kick this team's ass...as rab said about the creativity part..just think about buffon,zebina,chiellini,giovinco,camo,sissoko,del piero,amauri/trez starting up. I want these players to play soon enough..all of them god damn it. We are not giving up this scudetto, we got to believe..inter isn't the inter from the first half of the championship...wait till they play with the big teams....i am sure that they will drop 10 points for sure.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Juve needs to face the big teams too. Juve need to up their game before worrying about Inter and hopefully this match is juz a small blip ...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
well enoran, we beat roma and milan and firenze..and we draw with lazio and firenze...ain't that bad, it is almost like last year. We play well with good teams..we just need some sparks and motivation with these udinese kind of teams too..btw i cannot tell u how mad i was when i saw that samp scored yesterday 3 goals..motherfuckers...and with inter the only chance they had was in the 90th minute.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Well, Samp had Cassano back last nite and he probably would had made a difference if he had played against Inter, something we may never know ...

Roma and Milan (esp. Roma) seems to have pick up a gear since being defeated by us earlier, so we have a got a tough match at hand the next time the sides meet.

A consolation however, is Inter will face Milan in Wk24 and Roma in Wk26 first and hopefully they will beat the hell out of each other ...

May 21, 2007
whats wrong with u ppl!

we lose our first game in like 50 years and every1 starts talking about how bad the squad is! its fine az it is and we dont need no one this yr!

get over it. u cant win em all! juve is juve and they will bounce back!

peace

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
simply outplayed, udinese knew our offside trap and how to work it, with usually one staying in a innactive offside area, then eg di natale stays in line on the opposite side and a cross ball to him using his pace to defeat it, as you could see in particularly the 2nd goal, but there was no dominance from us, and at times like these i cant understand how we could play so badly yet a meer week ago we outclassed catania, we need to stop choking when we can smell the gold (catching inter at the top) all this talk about scudetto has to stop we have to see the action, yes i applaud ranieri for what he has had to deal with in terms of injuries, dealing with 8/9 first teamers out on average is no easy task for any manager, but the attitude in some games have to change, next we deal with a very tough cagliari side, perhaps the overachievers of this season and we're going have to give the performance of the season to defeat them because i fear another slip up but as i say

"We shouldn't give up tomorrow just to lose it all today"

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Secco:
Do Juventus need new players? "No. I don’t think that’s the problem."

Dear god its obvious we need to find a Nedved replacement at least. Especially if we attack mainly down the wings. Either find a new L & R mid or change the game plan.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Secco:
Do Juventus need new players? "No. I don’t think that’s the problem."

Dear god its obvious we need to find a Nedved replacement at least. Especially if we attack mainly down the wings. Either find a new L & R mid or change the game plan.
Look,we don't have enough cash to sign someone to replace Pavel in January.We'll do that after the end of the season.

We should try to get Motta on loan and that's it.

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #579
    Душан;1880889 said:
    Look,we don't have enough cash to sign someone to replace Pavel in January.We'll do that after the end of the season.

We should try to get Motta on loan and that's it.
    If I am not mistaken, we didn't spend more than 20 Million euros on the transfer market this season. And I don't buy that "we don't have enough cash to buy another player" crap from our board..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If I am not mistaken, we didn't spend more than 20 Million euros on the transfer market this season. And I don't buy that "we don't have enough cash to buy another player" crap from our board..
    We probably have the cash but we don't have the player (meaning: the player won't be sold by his club in January+ he's cup tied+ we'll need to pay much more in order to make his team even start thinking about selling him in January)

P.S: I don't think anyone in Juve said that we don't have enough cash to buy another player. Actually, i'm 100% sure no-one said that or smthg similar to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)