[SERIE A] Udinese 2 - 1 JUVENTUS (01/28/09) (2 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We probably have the cash but we don't have the player (meaning: the player won't be sold by his club in January+ he's cup tied+ we'll need to pay much more in order to make his team even start thinking about selling him in January)

P.S: I don't think anyone in Juve said that we don't have enough cash to buy another player. Actually, i'm 100% sure no-one said that or smthg similar to that.
I don't think have enough money to buy a quality replacement for Nedved at the moment.Means 25mln euros + nor I think clubs would let them go right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Nov 1, 2002
We didn't deserve last year's scudetto. Lets not overrate our team. Neither did Inter, but we certainly didn't. Roma should have won it last year.

This year Inter are leading deservedly. They aren't leading because of ref help (we were getting as many dubious calls as they did, and we all got much less ref help than Milan), they aren't leading because they're super strong, they certainly aren't, they are leading only because the quality of the other big teams is not even close to pre-Calciopoli.
Juve from Lippi era, Juve from Capello era, Milan from 2003-2006 would've had at least 5pts advantage over this Inter.
i didnt overrate them and we draw and won against roma
did you check the real standing of serie A without referee mistakes from gazzetta?

and in lippi era we used to struggle against smaller teams that we play right now with no average players just second rate players who were playing serie A for 1st time, and its normal and part of the game

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
did you check the real standing of serie A without referee mistakes from gazzetta?
What's a "real standing"? :lol:

You mean like an offside goal scored in minute 1 on a match that ended 2:1, and then the match is counted as 1:1?
You do know that things would've gone differently if that offside goal wasn't allowed and the team that profited from the offside goal could've easily won the match again?

No, we didn't deserve to win last year's scudetto and we wouldn't have won it even without the ref mistakes.

Nov 1, 2002
What's a "real standing"? :lol:

You mean like an offside goal scored in minute 1 on a match that ended 2:1, and then the match is counted as 1:1?
You do know that things would've gone differently if that offside goal wasn't allowed and the team that profited from the offside goal could've easily won the match again?

No, we didn't deserve to win last year's scudetto and we wouldn't have won it even without the ref mistakes.
what :confused2

i meant about... for example the last year match against napoli (chiellini clean tackle on lavezzi then the other penalty awarded against buffon when he didnt even touch zalayeta)

and you do know that things would've gone differently if that offside goal wasn't allowed and the team that avoided from the offside goal could've easily won the match? or the teams who score more offside goals are the ones who have the advantage to win the matches?

you think we deserve to lose this way? because we are bad team that cant score more goals than the refs wrong decisions????????????

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
we cannot expect of our team to win the title that fast anyway. we are in a rebuilding process. all we need is cash and patience.

fherdelpiero_10

Pinturicchio el grande
May 29, 2004
guys, it's just an observation, but don't you all think that maybe ranieri was tactically trying juve in a " diego" formation? From what I read we played with the 4-4-2 diamond, isn't that suitable for diego? maybe it's just a coincidence...

juvefan10

May 14, 2006
About Gio, most of you raving about Gio to play and now when he gets a chance, problem is that some of you now want him to play as LM? He is SS and natural replacement for DP.
well, i think this is the biggest mistake Ranieri makes.
Giovinco isn't Del piero's replacement and he will never be, i know a lot of you out there want it and yeah it's sounds romantic but it will never happen so that Giovinco will turn into a great striker in some time to come.. he doesn't have time to learn, c'mon, open up your eyes everyone, he's 22 and he is still improving, Dp used to make wonders in that age and look at Messi now..

Ranieri is wasting Giovinco as a striker, you have to have special abilites to be a good striker and a being good striker means scoring a lot of goals, and i tell you, Giovinco can't score goals, he's physical abilities are funny, he can do nothing against those big central backs, there's always a lot of pressure inside the box area, in which Giovinco will always be lost, he won't be able to use his dribbling as he will always be pushed out..

and guess what.. his Physical structure isn't the only reason, he is the player with lot of thought in his head, he gets nervous in front of goal.
just before Viola Game i was telling this to my friend.. and i told him that if Giovinco was given 10 good chance to score a goal, he will only score three out of that 10.. and then when Giovinco came in the second half to replace Dp, he got one-on-one chance and missed it like 15 years old kid who is just about to kick the ball in some way, just to kick it and not think how.. you will never score like that.
what would Dp do?! run, look at the keeper take a virtual target, aim it and kick.. and then it depends on his technique if he scores or not..
Giovinco has teqnique but he will never learn to put his footballing thought above the nervous thought, he will waste them all!!!

another reason...
putting him as a striker means ignoring his great ability to make a decent cross. on LM position there is more space, defenders take special position in front of you and leave space to go to centre, Giovinco can only pass a player who is moving.. and not standing defender who is waiting an opponent to drible him and is ready for it..

we don't need much theories here, just look at those games when gio played on LM position and games when he played DP position and you will see it all..

one more reason why i want him as LM is because i want him and DP to play together.
time will pass, maybe Gio will turn into a great player, and then people would say.. "ah, if only Gio and DP played together" just like in Baggio Dp case.. but retired Dp will be sitting with his grandsons watching tv..

Gio is a second player after Zambrotta who makes fantastic things in double with alex.. i want to see it again..

Gio - Dp = our way to creativity

Pls Ranieri Stop Using seba as a striker.. and stop telling him that he is Next Del Piero!!!
Dp is idol for his greatness not for his position, so if seba wants to be like alex it's not necessary to be a striker like Ale!

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
i think this del piero is better than the one in the lippi era...camo is the same..it is a fantasy match so i don't think about the injuryes snake...the best 11 of this juve vs the best 11 from lippi's juve..anywho we do have a young team and in one year i hope that marchisio, de cegle, ariaudo and yago will play a more important role for Juventus.
I beg to differ but I think the 97/98 Del Piero is nothing short of breathtaking, more than good enough of a Ballon or Fifa player award. The current DP is a close second but the 97/98 Del Piero is purely magical ...

we cannot expect of our team to win the title that fast anyway. we are in a rebuilding process. all we need is cash and patience.
U said it, thats the word !!!

As far as I rem, when Gio is deployed as a 2nd forward, are in away games against plucky sides Leece and Udinese. He did take some beatings there.
Against Catania both in Serie A and Coppa where he was a LM, Juve is at home and pretty much have the upper hand ...

So its not enuff to suggest Gio is better as a LM than as a 2nd FW

Seriously, I dun know if Gio is better as a LM or Seconda Punta !?!

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
As far as I rem, when Gio is deployed as a 2nd forward, are in away games against plucky sides Leece and Udinese. He did take some beatings there.
Against Catania both in Serie A and Coppa where he was a LM, Juve is at home and pretty much have the upper hand ...

So its not enuff to suggest Gio is better as a LM than as a 2nd FW

Seriously, I dun know if Gio is better as a LM or Seconda Punta !?!
Not only that, we have to think about his defensive skills.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
What r u guys aspecting!????
The "new and bright" managment (Moe-Giglli ,Curly-Succko and Larry-Frenchy), are following 5 year plan... Did u guy's forget..."it will take Juventus 5 year's to be competitive"--Giglli...
So 2.5 years have past, do the math...2,5 years to go---that we get some silver...
Don't aspect it now, whit this STAFF-board, Choach (who didn't win any thing in his life as a coach) and average players (Grygera, Mellberg, Molinaro, Paulsen, Marchionni, Braco, Legro etc...)
That is the TRUTH, Ruth...

edit: sorry double post...

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
IMO Giovinco's best position for him personally would be LM as he has a lot of space and can cut in for shots, but for the team he would be best as a SS, as the team expects the LM to defend, which isnt Giovinco's best feature

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What r u guys aspecting!????
The "new and bright" managment (Moe-Giglli ,Curly-Succko and Larry-Frenchy), are following 5 year plan... Did u guy's forget..."it will take Juventus 5 year's to be competitive"--Giglli...
So 2.5 years have past, do the math...2,5 years to go---that we get some silver...
Don't aspect it now, whit this STAFF-board, Choach (who didn't win any thing in his life as a coach) and average players (Grygera, Mellberg, Molinaro, Paulsen, Marchionni, Braco, Legro etc...)
That is the TRUTH, Ruth...

edit: sorry double post...
That hole you were hiding in since the win over Real.......could you tell me where is it located, or is it a secret?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
just before Viola Game i was telling this to my friend.. and i told him that if Giovinco was given 10 good chance to score a goal, he will only score three out of that 10.. and then when Giovinco came in the second half to replace Dp, he got one-on-one chance and missed it like 15 years old kid who is just about to kick the ball in some way, just to kick it and not think how.. you will never score like that.
don't be so harsh on him.
he surely is not the greatest scorer, but a magnificent passer.

in that particular situation he just played the ball one metre too far forward so he was lucky to even touch the ball before the keeper gathers it ...

thats not because he is much inferior in those situations, but because he does depent on his pace and than those things happen. alex does not depend on pace at all and so would not even try to play the ball past a defender and just run past him, because he knows a blindfold onelegged defender would catch up, so he does rely on feints to make the defender leave the little room he needs to shot on goal

IMO Giovinco's best position for him personally would be LM as he has a lot of space and can cut in for shots, but for the team he would be best as a SS, as the team expects the LM to defend, which isnt Giovinco's best feature
i think giovinco at left midfield can work ... he does try to defend and sometime he will have learned how to do that (if often enough played there).

we can still play sissoko and poulsen to compensate giovincos lack of defensive skill (which does not mean that i don't rate marchisio)

the rest was pretty much spot on

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
That hole you were hiding in since the win over Real.......could you tell me where is it located, or is it a secret?
?? What's wrong!?? That is the plan, i didn't think it up...they did..so i just rimindet you...No wory's we got 2nd place in the bag...:D :drill:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)