[Serie A] Udinese 0-4 JUVENTUS (September 19th 2010) (3 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Great tactical display from Del Neri today.

Udinese's 3-4-3 could have been awkward to play if Juve had stuck to 4-4-2, so he modified it a bit.

Grygera tucked in to almost be a third CB and Pepe did a great job of dropping deep to pretty much play as a left wing back.

Being so defensive on that side allowed Juve to be more attacking on the right, and Krasic played very high up a lot of the time, which allowed Juve to look very good on the break.

Melo and Marchisio also played more responsible games, holding position more, rather than chasing around trying to press the ball.

Lucky that Chiellini wasn't sent off at 0-0, but Juve were pretty commanding after that.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Great tactical display from Del Neri today.

Udinese's 3-4-3 could have been awkward to play if Juve had stuck to 4-4-2, so he modified it a bit.

Grygera tucked in to almost be a third CB and Pepe did a great job of dropping deep to pretty much play as a left wing back.

Being so defensive on that side allowed Juve to be more attacking on the right, and Krasic played very high up a lot of the time, which allowed Juve to look very good on the break.

Melo and Marchisio also played more responsible games, holding position more, rather than chasing around trying to press the ball.

Lucky that Chiellini wasn't sent off at 0-0, but Juve were pretty commanding after that.
Yeah Pepe's disciplined game really brings out the best in out other midfielders. He allows our midfielders to have more freedom whilst attacking and while defending Pepe is like an extra man both in defence and in the midfield.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
so we won because of you?great

wait...no,wait a minute

so why didn't you pray before our other games?

our poor start to the season is completely YOUR FAULT!
HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Didn't get to see the game :( so extended highlights would be much appreciated.
Also a Vinny report so we can get back to earth...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He will, almost inevitably, say that Udinese are rubbish, give Juve no credit and dismiss the game as a one off.

Sep 14, 2003
A little harsh Red. I have read many a post by Vin praising the team, or at least some aspects of a performance.

Unfortunately, he hasn't had the opportunity lately.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Hey guys, what formation do we play when Legro come in replacing Motta? Is it still 4-4-2 with Chiellini at LB and Grygera move to RB, or is it just pure subs and playing Legro as RB? How did Legro play there?

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Glad to hear Pepe played well. He was an unknkown to me until we bought him last summer, and then I saw him play is SA2010 and told myself this guy works like a horse helping out on defense while also running into open spaces to attack the opponents. Glad to see he's back to his old self.

With regards to Marchisio, I think we need to sort out his contract soon because regardless him saying that everything is under control- I think it bothers him somehow. Nevertheless, glad to see him with a very impressive half volley finish to the near top corner.

Finally, am I seriously the only person who has the guts to say that Krasic seems to be the catalyst of all this goal-fest we've been having!? He seems to have made a BIGGER impact than Diego did the whole of last season.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying Krasic is better than Diego or Diego is no good. In fact, I maintain my opinion that Diego is a champion. However, it all boils down to chemistry. It appears that Krasic has been the missing key. Its as if Krasic was the missing element at Juve which would finally give us the balance to finally find our winning formula.

Agree?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Storari - 6.5

Motta - 6
Bonucci - 6.5
Chiellini - 6.5
Grygera - 6

Krasic - 7
Melo - 6.5
Marchisio - 7
Pepe - 6.5

Del Piero - 6.5
Quagliarella - 7

Great team performance. Everyone did their job.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
agree

for those who consider udinese "relegation material" a fexw notes

they bad genoa and inter before us.

Most analysts predicted genoa to finish top5 this season, and i consider them the main threat togheter with roma. yet it took them 81 minutes to score against udinese, who played pretty good.

inter took the lead at home against them, yet they managed to equalise. an odd goal from eto gave inter a victory they didnt even deserved.

we came, saw and then send them packing 0-4 at their own stadium.
good result

and for the irritating depressive people, learn to have some damn patience when a team with new coach, 8 new players and a new tactic needs time to gel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)