[Serie A] Udinese 0-4 JUVENTUS (September 19th 2010) (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We certainly offered up a quality performance today, one that was very much needed after the recent disasters. But I thought that tactically, Udinese played right into our hands. The three at the back did not really work well for them as they became stretched against Krasic and Pepe, the former looking better than Nedved in taking on defenders with the ball at his feet, acting as a true winger. Udinese couldn't move the ball or start a meaningful counter to save their life either.

So while we showed a lot of positive play, it must be said that the opposition was incredibly poor. I don't remember watching a match against Udinese in which they were so easily disrupted at the back and useless in attack (especially the latter, they usually cause us problems), and this stems back during the Capello and Lippi years. What we need to do is build on this victory by getting a few similar results and performances under our belt... then we will be in good shape, especially in terms of confidence.

Someone negative repped me earlier for saying, "have fucking faith for one time, just fucking once," in response to me saying well done, but don't pull a Siena. Faith is something that requires trust and confidence. Only in religion do folks have faith in something that has not been proven. While Juventus may be a religion to some folks, that doesn't mean success is assured in the future. The team has to prove to the fans that they deserve a little faith, and that starts in winning matches like these. After more results and performances in which we win and we deserve to win, based on the facts, then the faith will start to return. Until then, faith is not warranted. This is not our father's Juventus at this point in time.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We certainly offered up a quality performance today, one that was very much needed after the recent disasters. But I thought that tactically, Udinese played right into our hands. The three at the back did not really work well for them as they became stretched against Krasic and Pepe, the former looking better than Nedved in taking on defenders with the ball at his feet, acting as a true winger. Udinese couldn't move the ball or start a meaningful counter to save their life either.

So while we showed a lot of positive play, it must be said that the opposition was incredibly poor. I don't remember watching a match against Udinese in which they were so easily disrupted at the back and useless in attack (especially the latter, they usually cause us problems), and this stems back during the Capello and Lippi years. What we need to do is build on this victory by getting a few similar results and performances under our belt... then we will be in good shape, especially in terms of confidence.

Someone negative repped me earlier for saying, "have fucking faith for one time, just fucking once," in response to me saying well done, but don't pull a Siena. Faith is something that requires trust and confidence. Only in religion do folks have faith in something that has not been proven. While Juventus may be a religion to some folks, that doesn't success is assured in the future. The team has to prove to the fans that they deserve a little faith, and that starts in winning matches like these. After more results and performances like these, based on the facts, then the faith will start to return. Until then, they have work to do.
:tup:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Not so sure man. It looked to me as if Sanchez fell down easily. There was a contact but not even Udine players or Sanchez himself complained much about it. It would be too soft IMO to give them a penalty.
Sanchez was stumbling abit before Chiellini came in, but it was Chiellini's contact that brought him down.

The ref didn't give it coz from behind it does look like Chiellini managed to get the ball in between sanchez's leg. From replay it shows, he didn't get the ball.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Udinese-Juventus: Player Ratings in Black and White

Juventus went into this match with just one point from their opening two games, but with a new sense of belief after clearly improving since the start of the season. That could not be more different than last year's fixture, which was probably the worst performance of an awful season, with no grit and no ideas of how to get back into the game once Udinese took the lead.

Marco Storari: 6

Saw very little action today, but still had some crucial stops. Manninger will have watched from the bench cursing he wasn't protected in the same way on Thursday night.

Marco Motta: 6.5

Rarely troubled defensively, but did make two excellent stops on Di Natale, showing that the lessons of the past few games have not been in vain. A much-improved performance.

Leonardo Bonucci: 7

Superb in the air, particularly in set piece situations, proving every inch as effective as Chiellini in attack. Took the opening goal well, and almost added a second soon after. Very little to do in defence as Udinese seemed determined to attack the flanks.

Giorgio Chiellini: 6.5

Like his three colleagues at the back he had little to do, but was perhaps fortunate not to concede a penalty. Far from his best, but for the first time in nearly two seasons the team had enough to compensate.

Zdenek Grygera: 6

Did the job asked of him in an unfamiliar left back role, but offered nothing going forward. Cannot be more than a stop-gap in this position.

Simone Pepe: 6.5

Continued his good attacking play shown against Sampdoria, but today the usual defensive workrate was there as he covered Grygera well and gave the midfield great balance.

Felipe Melo: 6.5

Tireless in his efforts to give the defence the day off, the most impressive part of his performance was that it came so soon after his poor showing on Thursday. Last season that kind of display would take the Brazilian weeks to move past. Almost back to his Fiorentina form.

Claudio Marchisio: 7.5

Last week he scored but did little else. Whisper it quietly, but with the Derby d'Italia only two weeks away, Inter's chief tormentor is slowly finding his form. With another goal and an assist to Iaquinta, the all-action displays of a year ago are no longer just a memory.

Milos Krasic: 8

Excellent again today, covering Motta, then flying into the heart of Udinese's over-worked defence. Two more assists, both very different. The floated cross for Marchisio showed fantastic vision, while the low ball for Quagliarella showed a desire to cause maximum damage. Player of the Day

Fabio Quagliarella: 7.5

Great in possession, some classy touches and a Del Piero-esque finish on his well-taken goal. Showed genuine humility in not celebrating against his former team too.

Alessandro Del Piero: 7

A brilliant first half, causing trouble almost every time he saw the ball, but faded towards the break. Did well to show such energy and spark, having played 180 minutes this week already. A great corner to open the scoring through Bonucci too.

Substitutes:

Momo Sissko: 6.5

Came on for Felipe Melo and didn't lose possession. A good day's work.

Vincenzo Iaquinta: 6.5

Scored a very good goal, was booked for responding to the crowd, missed a couple of other chances.

Nicola Legrottaglie: NM

No time to influence the game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/467068-udinese-juventus-player-ratings-in-black-and-white

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
:agree:

What's even more bizarre is the fact that Udinese never really modified their approach to complicate our game. I can't even remember the last time we had it this easy against them.

A lot of credit to our players though. Every single one did his job & they are all willing to put in a lot of work.
Special mention to Marchisio, Krasic, Del Piero & Chiellini (despite what happened at 0-0) who were our best players imo.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
our leftback and deceglie situation have become so bad that even grygera is preferred in the leftback role......LOL what a joke

who cares...we won....but i really think we didnt improve over the last few games....it is just that this udinese is pretty bad.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
our leftback and deceglie situation have become so bad that even grygera is preferred in the leftback role......LOL what a joke

who cares...we won....but i really think we didnt improve over the last few games....it is just that this udinese is pretty bad.
Yes, they could be bad but apart from that I saw a great Krasic, Melo and Bonucci. We face many teams that are in bad shape like Udinese and fuck us over. But the midfield was awesome and did everything right. The likes of Grygera and Motta seemed better because of Udinese's shitness but that's about it. The great thing about this match is that we dominated it from the first goal 'till the 90 minute. When did you see Juve dominate a match apart from the result. Shamrock away was the only one. Last year we were still sloppy and not dominating, giving a 3 goal advantage away.

When Juventus lose it's always a collective failure
When Juventus wins it isn't a collective performences, great set pieces by DP and/or Chiellini. This is the first time since Roma away last year where we had a win with a collective great performence.

Our LB situation is the worst position imo. Wish we had signed Aogo this summer. I hope we got some cash in january and can sign a new LB.

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Apparently the fans made fun of his mother.

"Vincenzo Iaquinta to Sky said the angry joy to 4-0 in front of goal for 6 years who were his fans. "Already last year - told Iaquinta - I have offended for the whole game and I did not react. In this circumstance, just entered the field began to offend my mother and at that point I could not control myself.

Since I do not understand why Juve here in Udine I always whistle every time he touches the ball. I have written important pages for this company and I get rewarded in this way. I am an instinctive and I still want to emphasize the fact that I already regret for the reaction. I apologize to everyone, but I'm a human being. "

Was it really worth a yellow card? By the rules of the game it is but how many times do you see certain players get away with it and others get punished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)