SERIE A: Siena - Juventus (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
We played 4-3-3 and drew against Lecce in the away game, but when we lost 4-3 we were playing 4-2-3-1.
Hmmm, that seems rather strange. I think that Lippi has really lost his touch this season, but who can blame him with the players he had.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Hmmm, that seems rather strange. I think that Lippi has really lost his touch this season, but who can blame him with the players he had.
plus all the injuries his BEST players had...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, I made it to Siena just fine. But it seems that getting a ticket here tomorrow morning may be a bit trickier than the scalpers I dealt with for the Coppa in Torino on Wednesday. (Damn, that was my first Juve home game ever, and it was so cool -- I will have to start a post later when I get back and can transfer video clips of the Coppa, though mostly of the tifosi ultras, for posting.)

The buzz in Siena, of course, is all about the scandal investigation of player links to Napoli mob connections over throwing games for bets. (The locals don't expect much to come of it, seeing that it's only a few players). There is a general excitement, however, centered around this being the last game of the season. The Siena fans are happy to otherwise have qualified for Serie A next season, and Juve is third no matter what.

Walking by the Siena stadium today, and comparing it to the delle Alpi from Wednesday, it is like seeing Juve in a high school football stadium. Leveraging some local connections, I hope to have some additional video clips to post later of Lippi's last game heading the Juventini.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Well, I made it to Siena just fine. But it seems that getting a ticket here tomorrow morning may be a bit trickier than the scalpers I dealt with for the Coppa in Torino on Wednesday. (Damn, that was my first Juve home game ever, and it was so cool -- I will have to start a post later when I get back and can transfer video clips of the Coppa, though mostly of the tifosi ultras, for posting.)
Glad you enjoyed your first game at the delle alpi.

Why didnt you get your tickets for sienna whilst in turin.
I confirmed mine thursday morning

Anyway hope you get decent ticks and enjoy yourself

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I dunno when I'll be going to my first Juve home game but I might be able to get tickets for the Arsenal - Juve friendly in the summer. Should be good... :cool:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I dunno when I'll be going to my first Juve home game but I might be able to get tickets for the Arsenal - Juve friendly in the summer. Should be good... :cool:
Yeah, I have not seen Juve in person yet either. I think my first time will probably be when I Study Abroad for a semester in college, and hopefully I will be able to come to Turin or Milan and see Juve play. I can't wait for that day! Well, I only have to wait another year and a half for that. :down:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Glad you enjoyed your first game at the delle alpi.
All the horror stories I heard about the delle Alpi as a venue were mostly exaggerated, IMO. (Perhaps I was setting my expectations very low.) But I could see how removing the track and having a smaller stadium could make it more attractive for fans.

Why didnt you get your tickets for sienna whilst in turin.
I confirmed mine thursday morning

Anyway hope you get decent ticks and enjoy yourself
Thanks!

Being my first time there I hadn't quite figured out the "system". First off, I bought tickets for a highly sold Coppa Final/Lippi home game final -- and I ended up getting great seats (at not too bad a price) from a scalper on the day of game. Had I known I could purchase Siena tickets in advance, I certainly would have.

The irony now is that I made some remote connections up to a fair matron of the A.C. Siena società and am hoping to score tickets that way. Which may mean I will have to watch the game in the Curva alongside all the Siena tifosi. Being the first time that Juve has come here in some 50 years (plus being the last game of the season, plus it's Juve) it's going to sell out. So I'll take what I can get! Even if my Juve scarf gets me stares. ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
So I'll take what I can get! Even if my Juve scarf gets me stares. ;)
I doubt they can tell the difference unless they look hard :D You're lucky it's against Siena :)

Aug 26, 2003
hmm.. i think del piero really deserves to be a starter for Italy, he had a ok season, and had to fight with a lot of injurys!!! I think that Trap will make a hugh mistake if e prefers Cassano over Alex!!!

as the last game showed Del Piero is doing fine!!!

I think Del Piero-Totti-Vieri is much more effectiv than with Cassano!!!!! and Del Piero has more experience!!
I think del Piero will play a great WC and after that a great season with juve!!

for siena game i would start del Piero along with Miccoli!! I can't see Miccoli sitting on the bench all the time! also i would give players like Chiumento, Budianski a chance!!

lets see, i think 3:1 for Juve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)