SERIE A: Siena - Juventus (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

DP has probably secured his place in the Italy squad, but he's still fighting with Cassano for a starting place so it's key that he plays well on Sunday and in the pre-Euro2004 friendlies and training.
lucky for DP. Cassano's ending to the season seems somewhat low key... cannot say the same about the start though....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
but if he is gonna choose cassano , that mean Trapattoni is the biggest a$$hole ever , and the most stupid ! he should not do the same mistake he did in the WC... i think he learned a lesson from italy - mexico !
I'm a hardcore Del Piero fan and like you I want nothing more than for Alex to shine in Portugal, but you've got to admit, Cassano has had a better season. In 2002 Trap definitely made a mistake as DP had enjoyed a good season, but the same can't be said this time, even though DP's year has been plagued with injuries. Hopefully he'll be 100% fit and in form come summer time, because this will probably be his last major tournament with the Azzurri.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I'm a hardcore Del Piero fan and like you I want nothing more than for Alex to shine in Portugal, but you've got to admit, Cassano has had a better season. In 2002 Trap definitely made a mistake as DP had enjoyed a good season, but the same can't be said this time, even though DP's year has been plagued with injuries. Hopefully he'll be 100% fit and in form come summer time, because this will probably be his last major tournament with the Azzurri.
Sadly to say, yes. I remember when he scored that goal in the WC against Mexico, to take them through to the next round. I remember the american announcer saying "Ohhh, and a goal for Del Piero!" That moment almost brought tears to my eyes, as I was elated. Probably something I will never forget.

Aug 1, 2003
that one hurt a lot. I felt like telling trap "See? See? What could've been if he played more..."

but anyways given this season's performance I think Cassano deserves a place more, however it is true that he is ending the season in a low-key, so you'll never know

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Why Cassano??
Dp he's back inform , we (don't need to try new players in Portugal) we want player who can drive italy to the finals , and i would choose Dp over cassano , P.s Vieri Totti Dp is absolutly the best choice....

Penalty kicks --->Dp
Free Kicks---->Dp
curvin--->Dp
Stamina---->DP
Experience---->Dp
Assists--->ofcoarse Dp

u want more? So no thnx Dp should b in the startin eleven !

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Del Piero is a better player than Cassano, there's no doubt about that. He has won everything there is to win with Juventus and scored some fantastic goals along the way, while Casso has had only one good season in the big flight to talk about, but that season was this season. I personally believe that squads should be selected based on how players are playing CURRENTLY. If I was the Azzurri coach I know that DP would be in my starting line-up, but you can't question the fact that Casso has had a better season.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Why Cassano??
Dp he's back inform , we (don't need to try new players in Portugal) we want player who can drive italy to the finals , and i would choose Dp over cassano , P.s Vieri Totti Dp is absolutly the best choice....

Penalty kicks --->Dp
Free Kicks---->Dp
curvin--->Dp
Stamina---->DP
Experience---->Dp
Assists--->ofcoarse Dp

u want more? So no thnx Dp should b in the startin eleven !
i agree with u azzurri7... just because cassano plays well for roma, IMO he has too low experience to play in euro2004...i really hope that trap wont make a BIG mistake playing casson insted of DP!!!
Forza A. Del Piero!!!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Either way I see it as a combination of both.

Trapp will be the one observing the players during preparations for Portugal, not us. He will be making his conclusions.

And we will discuss the hell out of them!

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Del piero will be selected for the euro,no doubt.
even if we lose the Siena game,and he play a poor match.
He(Trap) can't leave him here.

As for the game,THANK GOD IT IS THE LAST MATCH THIS SEASON,
yeah,to end with a win would be nice.
as Siena already secured league survive,...
Siena-Juve
1-2.
Forza Juve!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Trap would be rather stupid not to play our Captain Alex, considering it might be his last competition for the Azzurri. Eventhough Cassano has had a good season, his attitude is not the most gentlemanly, and he lacks experiance.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Cassano is annoying. Del Piero should start in the NT. there is no place for clowns like cassano.
but I know Del Piero won't start :( he's injured too many times :wallbang:

This game is somehow important for Del Piero, and to us to know if he's ready, but not so important for Juve & Siena.
it could give us a better flavour of the end of the season, and it's Lippi's last game as a Juve coach...

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i wont be able to watch the last match of the season, with lippi as the coach *crying* *crying*

i'm sad as hell rite now :down:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Del Piero will definatly start. He has scored in nearlly every qualifier and the totti, del and bobbo thing has worked out well so far so there is no need to change it now. Its too big of a risk.
I hope miccoli plays some part in portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)