SERIE A: Siena - Juventus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Lippi: Arrivederci Juve!

Marcello Lippi sits on the Juventus bench for the last time this weekend and believes the club will return to glory next season.

“With humility and a relaxed state of mind,” said the Coach, “Juventus will know how to build a new winning era. You’ll see that it’ll happen.”

The club had dominated Italian football during Lippi’s reign by capturing five Scudetto titles, the Champions’ League, a Coppa Italia, four Italian Supercups, the Intercontinental Cup and European Supercup.

But they end his final campaign empty-handed after losing the Coppa Italia Final to Lazio 4-2 on aggregate.

“In this season we really did see all sorts of injuries,” he noted. “This remains a useful lesson for everyone to learn from their mistakes and understand you can play for a year without having a trophy at the end of it.”

His last match in charge will be at Siena, in his home region of Tuscany, with an old companion on the other side of the pitch.

“Giuseppe Papadopulo is a good friend of mine, and last time we met I told him we’d go into this match with us celebrating the Scudetto and Siena ensuring their Serie A status. Unfortunately, I was only half right.”

Juve are certain of finishing in third place and therefore the new Coach – yet to be named – will start out with the Champions’ League qualifying round.

“We want to end the season in a professional and dignified manner,” assured Lippi. “This is a match with nothing to play for and we must find the motivation, especially for those who want to be in top form for the European Championships.”

The future for both Lippi and the club remains in the balance, but he remains certain that all will turn out for the best.

“My era here is at an end, but Juventus will quickly start a new winning cycle right from next season. My future is currently split between days on the beach and watching Euro 2004 on television. After that, we’ll wait and see.”

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Lippi: Arrivederci Juve!

“Giuseppe Papadopulo is a good friend of mine, and last time we met I told him we’d go into this match with us celebrating the Scudetto and Siena ensuring their Serie A status. Unfortunately, I was only half right.”
for the love of stupid defense, why, oh why did you have to mention this lippi?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Siena-Juventus SIENA: Fortin, Cirillo, Juarez, Mignani, Guigou, Junior, Taddei, Argilli, Cucciari, Flo, Chiesa... Subs: Farelli, Lazetic, Lompoutis, Berretti, Ardito, Menegazzo, Innocenti... JUVENTUS: Chimenti, Birindelli, Thuram, Ferrara, Appiah, Pessotto, Zambrotta, Maresca, Tudor, Miccoli, Di Vaio... Subs: Buffon, Legrottaglie, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iuliano, Boudianski Referee: Diego Preschern (Venezia)

asimo

Feb 11, 2004
So disappointing!

Why Tre is on the bench during his last match for Juve?

Why Buffon is still not in the line-up?

Why Ale doesn't have the chance to perform?

Why ??!!

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by asimo ] ++
So disappointing!

Why Tre is on the bench during his last match for Juve?

Why Buffon is still not in the line-up?

Why Ale doesn't have the chance to perform?

Why ??!!
calm down asimo and welcome to the forum :)
well this is a bit occuard to see buffon on the bench..
i think he is trying out the micoli - divao team up and sees if it works..

Sep 14, 2003
To those asking why Del Piero isn't starting, I would say he's assured of a place in Trap's squad, whilst Miccoli and Di Vaio aren't and are being given the oppertunity to impress Trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)