[SERIE A] Sampdoria - Juventus (27th September, 2008) (38 Viewers)

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
Oh boo hoo everyone crying a fucking river!!! Everything is relevant to expectations, and apparently many of you thought that we would be challenging for scudetto this season, well i wasn't. Just compare our squad and coaches to Inter's and you'll understand why we're not gonna win the scudetto this year. First and foremost a draw to Sampdoria at the marassi isn't necessarily a bad result, and neither team deserved to win. You guys have to realise that we are back playing 3 competitions, and therefore can't play our best lineup week in and week out like last year. Second of all our squad is not world class. Our depth is adequate at best but you guys have to come to terms that with our current squad the best we can hope for is second in the league, and in my opinion quarter finals in CL (that might even be optimistic). The Serie A is very difficult, Samp, Napoli, Palermo, Atalanta, Udinese, Catania, Genoa are very difficult opponents to come away wit the three points. Sorry if this post is to much of a downer, but i think some of you guys expectations are way to high. Anyway whatever the case i'm gonna support this club week in week out forever.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
Oh boo hoo everyone crying a fucking river!!! Everything is relevant to expectations, and apparently many of you thought that we would be challenging for scudetto this season, well i wasn't. Just compare our squad and coaches to Inter's and you'll understand why we're not gonna win the scudetto this year. First and foremost a draw to Sampdoria at the marassi isn't necessarily a bad result, and neither team deserved to win. You guys have to realise that we are back playing 3 competitions, and therefore can't play our best lineup week in and week out like last year. Second of all our squad is not world class. Our depth is adequate at best but you guys have to come to terms that with our current squad the best we can hope for is second in the league, and in my opinion quarter finals in CL (that might even be optimistic). The Serie A is very difficult, Samp, Napoli, Palermo, Atalanta, Udinese, Catania, Genoa are very difficult opponents to come away wit the three points. Sorry if this post is to much of a downer, but i think some of you guys expectations are way to high. Anyway whatever the case i'm gonna support this club week in week out forever.
what bothers us is the way CR dealed with the game and how we played, we had a great game against Catania with Gio so Amauri played all the games for 90 and Gio can't play a 90 min game?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
very disappointing performance...it was painfully obvious that Camo was not 100%, why he still played the full 90 mins was a mystery to me...he should have been pulled off after the break...Poulsen was very mediocre...Sissoko was an absolute giant in the game, and was the clear Man of the Match...and only using 1 substitute? C-Ra was disastrous today...on a positive note, the defence did very well, Molinaro was pretty good today and Mellberg also looked solid

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
very disappointing performance...it was painfully obvious that Camo was not 100%, why he still played the full 90 mins was a mystery to me...he should have been pulled off after the break...Poulsen was very mediocre...Sissoko was an absolute giant in the game, and was the clear Man of the Match...and only using 1 substitute? C-Ra was disastrous today...on a positive note, the defence did very well, Molinaro was pretty good today and Mellberg also looked solid
you did not just say that...come on,he was terrible..

Mar 9, 2006
http://www.vecchiasignora.com/index.php?showtopic=63829&st=0

Could someone please translate what Ranieri said? I think he said something like he didn't put Giovinco in because he didn't want to risk losing??? If that's the case, I think Gio shouldn't sign any contract with Juve!!! :( :( :(
I can translate topic only, and translation mean's omg idiot words by Ranieri:

"Giovinco? I was afraid of Pieri" (c) Claudio Ranieri

o_O WTF ?? PIERI WHO ?! :crazy: :( :shifty: :blah: o_O

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
http://www.vecchiasignora.com/index.php?showtopic=63829&st=0

Could someone please translate what Ranieri said? I think he said something like he didn't put Giovinco in because he didn't want to risk losing??? If that's the case, I think Gio shouldn't sign any contract with Juve!!! :( :( :(
Pretty obvious thats why!!! Ranieri is just too scared from losing. Thats why he thinks 1000 times before making any changes to he's teams whenever the team is drawing or winning (even if the performance is piss poor like today).

The guy played an absalutely defensive football against arsenal's youngsters (in the friendly if u remember) just to get a result from them (again it was just a friendly !!). He was ok with our shity performance against zenit but he was lucky that alex scored a goal.

Ranieri will never be a winner not with us or with any other club..........

grgam

Jan 30, 2008
You are probably right, and it's very depressing to me. I'm worried that we are not going anywhere... Other teams have bad start too, but at least you see something moving forward in these clubs. Teams like Fiorentina or napoli every year are trying to make one step forward... I'm not so sure about that with Juve anymore :frown:

Mar 30, 2006
well at least we did not lose at the end with Samp pressuring us. I am really curious why Ranieri did not bring on Giovinco or use more subs? Camo was bad and just coming back so why not put on Marco or Giovinco for some creativity. I thought for sure thats what he was going to do when he took of DP for Iaquinta. Put Iaquinta and Amauri in the box and then bring on a creative player to get them the ball.

Either way I would not mind and Inter loss or draw tomorrow..

Our players need to make more movement off the ball if we are going to score goals.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
going forward he was crap, but did well in defence IMO
did well in defence?? are you sure?
Still questioning why CR only use 1 substitution when we need a change...
He can use Gio or DC as susbtitutes ...

CR is just not a champion
He never won anything
it's not a must win game?? Yes, if you are a mid table teams and only target UEFA spot... he always made statement that we can win scudetto, but he doesn't act like he wants to achieve that

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
did well in defence?? are you sure?
Still questioning why CR only use 1 substitution when we need a change...
He can use Gio or DC as susbtitutes ...

CR is just not a champion
He never won anything
it's not a must win game?? Yes, if you are a mid table teams and only target UEFA spot... he always made statement that we can win scudetto, but he doesn't act like he wants to achieve that
yes I'm pretty sure...there was a scare with that weak header back to Manninger, other than that he was fine

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
its not a must win game!!" yur in serie a buddy, every game is a must win. Nedved was tired, and yet u play him 90 minutes. 1 substitution!!! we were lacking crativity as camo was tired but he continues to save giovinco....... save him for what?

Mar 30, 2006
its not a must win game!!" yur in serie a buddy, every game is a must win. Nedved was tired, and yet u play him 90 minutes. 1 substitution!!! we were lacking crativity as camo was tired but he continues to save giovinco....... save him for what?
Nedved was doing well .. if anyone in the mid should have come off it was Camo. He was out of it today.

He took off Marco last game cuz he was sucking so he should have taken off Camo this game for either Marco (give him a chance to redeem) or Giovinco who was one of the best players in the last game and going on form he deserved to play some

We needed DC's crossing as well... especially late in the game when we had both Amauri and Iaquinta on and could have really capitalized on their abilities in the air. DC would have been able to get forward with his fresh legs against the tired players on Samps flank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)