[SERIE A] Sampdoria - Juventus (27th September, 2008) (45 Viewers)

puzzu

Jun 15, 2007
Empoli-Juventus, yes. But that match was played only 4 days before Inter-Juve and we were already in a comfortable position in the standings. Empoli on the other hand were risking relegation, they are a friendly club, and we played a friendly draw.
Catania-Juve 1:1 at least wasn't boring. Catania had the lead and at least we were trying to equalize. We played awful and nothing worked, but we were trying.

Today we played awful and we weren't even trying to change something. Neither the players on the pitch nor the coach.
We played the match as if 0:0 would be enough to take us to the next stage in CL. The only thing that we lacked today was a replacement where some defender would have replaced an attacker in order to keep the great result
I agree. We are lacking a creative midfieder player. These results are the resulkt of our summer campaign. I said several times during the campaign that we are a mid-table team and we will be after tomorrow's results. Besides, we dont have a good coach, he never won anything in his career and he will never win. And on Tuesday we will be humiliated in Champions League not winning against the team we are going to play (I forgot their name)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I'm pleased that for once we all agree. Disgraceful performance by our coach, I used to back him up over here but no more. I was hitting my self when I felt that he wouldn't make another sub.

I still don't get why did he introduce iaquinta instead of del piero. Iaquinta needs delivery and that's exactly what we were lacking, proper delivery to our forwards I'm not saying that DP was our best player. But clearly benching him for IQ who offers no creativity has retard written all over it.

Shameful

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I agree. We are lacking a creative midfieder player. These results are the resulkt of our summer campaign. I said several times during the campaign that we are a mid-table team and we will be after tomorrow's results. Besides, we dont have a good coach, he never won anything in his career and he will never win. And on Tuesday we will be humiliated in Champions League not winning against the team we are going to play (I forgot their name)
We are not a mid table team, but we will definitely not win anything under the tinker man if this keeps on going.

And they are called BATE from Belarus.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
And we're going to beat them on Tuesday, simply because they're the worst team that ever played in CL. (Ok, i've seen them only against Levski, but they were awful. Mid-table serie B quality)

Of course we will. I've seen their game against real as a rerun, very poor team.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
I've been reading a lot of angry posts on these forums and rightly so we played a very poor game and our coach stood by and did nothing but what really annoys me is that some members here were rooting for the other team to score, they want us to lose in order for Ranieri to get the sack and start there cries for another coach and a creative midfielder again.
You should be ashamed of yourselves, what ever happened to through thick and thin?
fans are supposed to support their team even when they play poor or should I say especially when they play like crap.
Now I can understand your frustration but you never, I repeat never want the opposition to score against our Juve just to settle a personal vendetta.
That's simply not done.
'Juve forever', start acting like it

puzzu

Jun 15, 2007
And we're going to beat them on Tuesday, simply because they're the worst team that ever played in CL. (Ok, i've seen them only against Levski, but they were awful. Mid-table serie B quality)
If we play as we played these last 2 games, we will not beat them. We played much better football in Serie B.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If we play as we played these last 2 games, we will not beat them. We played much better football in Serie B.
If we play the way we played against Catania we will not only beat them but we will destroy them.
If we play like we played today then who knows..... maybe they'll defend a 0:0. But i have a feeling that even if we play bad, Amauri's power in the air will be enough to beat BATE.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I just want to bring up a couple of points because i didn't watch around 30mins from the 2nd but it looks like i didn't miss much except for a few samp chances.

Just an awful awful game from the team overall and our second rubbish performance away from home this season. The alarming thing is that Ranieri seems to have no solution or plan when we play any team that is lower than the top 4 or 5. I saw the team playing well against the top teams tactically where you could spot the manager's touches but against the lower and mid tiered teams that was lost. That sense of tactical ineptness was reiterated tonight. He talked about the scudetto, well you want to play for the top honors you have to play well against those teams and not just grind out the results.

I don't understand why he doesn't use his subs, camo was injured and he played 90 min. The full backs just didn't push up much especially grygera and that was not correct even though our wingers tucked inside a lot. We had to big forwards and couldn't deliver them one decent cross. Its just astonishing the way he just lets his team out there, when its just those little things that could enable us to beat them.

Another factor that was evident to me is that we miss zanetti. Poulsen played well on a couple of games but his deficiencies we on show tonight especially. For me Cristiano offers way more than he does and i can't wait to get him back.

The good thing as many have brought is that Melberg played well.
Simply put: Worst game of the season so far.

The Good

Sissoko- even though it was in the late afternoon he played a fantastic game. Cassano got no change out of him. Tried a lot but never managed to produce.

Mellberg- Possibly his best game with Juve since joining from Aston Villa. Didn't make any mistakes that i recall.

Manninger- Proving to be a very good back-up keeper and had most, if not all, Samp's shots covered. Finally a good 2nd keeper

The Bad

Camoranesi- Very bad game, nothing was working for him and was dead tired, though this was always going to be hard since he was returning from an injury, should really have been subbed off. Though as our most creative player should really have created something for us

Grygera- Seemed nervous and never got into the final third. Can't wait till Zebina returns

Molinaro- What is there to say? He was sub=par, and the few times he got into dangerous attacking positions he wasted them

The Strikers- All three did nothing, the only clear chance we had was Del Piero's post.

Ranieri- What the fuck goes on in that head of his?? 60th minute of the game all our players were suffering he didn't even think about making a sub. Camoranesi had a complete stinker yet did nothing. I was screaming at the tv for three subs: Giovinco on for Camoranesi, Iaquinta on for Del Piero or Amauri and De Ceglie for Molinaro. There are three substitutes for a reason, so when your team suffers you can help them along. Maybe someone should sit Ranieri down and explain this to him.
:beer: :beer:

good job guys...you saved me some typing !!

a few other quick points-

I couldnt believe just how badly we played...its as if these guys only meet once a week for a kick-a-round, where is the team chemistry ??

I've watched all of the Palermo and Napoli games so far this season, and we may have better players than they do on paper, but with the team chemistry that they have (and better coaching), they are both better than us right now...how pathetic is that ??

Our management, coach, and some bewildered fans out there actually believe we have a shot at winning the CL this season.....they must be taking the same drugs as Lapo Elkann :sick:

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
the problem is that we have a coward coach, he likes the nickname tinkerman but wake up u idiot. play the player who r in form. we lacked chemistry becuase the team doesn't play with the same lineup 2 games in a row. i expect players to be benched but as Dp said once in every 6 games would be ok. but this is just stupid we always played in the CL but we don't rotate the line up that much. like Nedved have to come on a wheel chair to be benched ??? he is Protecting Gio from what exactly dinasours ?? y do u bench DC.. i don't see any reasonable explaination.. even Ekdal would perform better than Poulsen today.. he doesn't change the formation even if he doesn't have the players for it ?!? am starting to feel as if he doesn't know any other formation that straight 442 we are becoming perdictable.. and what really kills me that he doesn't see this performance as a big deal !!. this year is the year of reality and mark my words UEFA cup is as best as it gets for us this year if we keep losing points like this. we still didn't fae any of the big teams well except the Viola. just thinking of facing Real with this clown as our coach is a scary idea

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Am I the only one who think Giovinco shouldn`t only play but should be a must starter instead of Nedved who is a good player but not great anymore

I just imagine our mid with Camo on the right and Giovinco on the left and I see our team as creative and more fun to watch

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I am also loosing my patience with Ranieri. For now i have thought that look there aint many good options out there (and please dont start with "anyone would be better than...."), but after today and the midweek match, its indeed true like snoop said that we are not taking our opportunities. Another rather poor game, and there aint really many excuses (Trez is the only big miss, Manninger is doing a good job replacing Buffon). Its starting to look very weird how Ranieri keeps playing the same team for so long, making his subs so late in the game, when we actually need a change a lot faster. Sometimes it seems to me that his indeed afraid to do subs when we are still level, he seems to be more keen when the team is already leading.

I think this season could be harder to take, there are many good sides this year, Lazio seem to be back on top, Milan is waking up. Only Roma has been poor. Never the less we aint taking those chances we have. This has been ALWAYS the case with Ranieri. ALWAYS, when he was with Chelsea, when with Valencia. Always something f--ked up in the end and someone else went on to win the title.

I just hope Roma continue with their slump and in all fairness i rather see Inter win tomorrow, cause if Milan do....equal on points with us, and then i can see them going past as, with a morale boosting victory over Inter. Besides Inter will still stay on top.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
I am also loosing my patience with Ranieri. For now i have thought that look there aint many good options out there (and please dont start with "anyone would be better than...."), but after today and the midweek match, its indeed true like snoop said that we are not taking our opportunities. Another rather poor game, and there aint really many excuses (Trez is the only big miss, Manninger is doing a good job replacing Buffon). Its starting to look very weird how Ranieri keeps playing the same team for so long, making his subs so late in the game, when we actually need a change a lot faster. Sometimes it seems to me that his indeed afraid to do subs when we are still level, he seems to be more keen when the team is already leading.

I think this season could be harder to take, there are many good sides this year, Lazio seem to be back on top, Milan is waking up. Only Roma has been poor. Never the less we aint taking those chances we have. This has been ALWAYS the case with Ranieri. ALWAYS, when he was with Chelsea, when with Valencia. Always something f--ked up in the end and someone else went on to win the title.

I just hope Roma continue with their slump and in all fairness i rather see Inter win tomorrow, cause if Milan do....equal on points with us, and then i can see them going past as, with a morale boosting victory over Inter. Besides Inter will still stay on top.
actually if inter lost they will loose the top, lazio have 9 point and a win will see them on top and Napoli have the opportunity to be above inter too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)