[Serie A] Sampdoria 1-0 JUVENTUS (March 21st, 2010) (3 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sissoko played his worst match for Juve. Is there any difference in his role under Ranieri and his role this year? He looked great in a 4-4-2 but this season he can't seem to find himself.

Zaccheroni was bad. I screamed at him to sub Del Piero off and put Candreva. Even if at first glance it was a more defensive sub, it was gonna make us more dangerous and give us the movement we desperately lacked. But Zaccheroni takes Marchisio off, one of the only ones who actually run (together with Iaquinta who was replaced earlier by a static striker). Then when we conceded it was too late to replace an attacking player, but for some reason that's exactly what Zaccheroni did.
Seriously, when you're 0:1 down with less than 10 minutes to go, what does it change if you risk conceding a second one? Why not replace a defender or a DMC when you put Camoranesi? Why replace an attacking player?

I seriously started hating Italian football mentality. I hate it with passion. Even when they're losing they think about the defense.

May 22, 2007
Firstly, congratulations to Del Neri for winning for the first time ever against us, even against a pathetic Juve. Secondly, I have a huge thumbs up to the Sampdoria fans who turn up in numbers to support their team through thick and thin, making them unbeatable at home this season, and they make a great atmosphere as well.

Onto the match. Go and read any of my match reports and you'll find the problem mentioned 1000000 times. I've now lost hope in the 4-3-1-2 with this set of players as well though, the midfielders we have are too defensive minded to go on the "flanks" of the midfield 3 and offer nothing going forward, apart from Marchisio. I'm not at all shocked that Momo had possibly his worst performance in a Juventus shirt at all, when he's trying to cut through a defence like he's Messi or something. We lack technical players when starting the match.

I'd like to give criticism to Zaccheroni now. Not only for making a huge contribution to the loss, but for being the third coach in a row to not have any balls to make changes before 75 minutes into the game. 0-0 against Sampdoria when we are going for a CL qualification place is not at all acceptable. And to take off Diego instead of sacrificing Sissoko makes it even worse to see us lose like this. Then yet again we witness some sort of insane faith in Chimenti, who in all honesty has been terrible in every match he's played for us and should have been dropped after the Siena game, as I said before. His movement and physical ability is shocking and has no place in a professional football match. A young guy like Pinsoglio wouldn't have surrendered so pathetically to that Cassano shot which led to his goal. He should also have someone sit down and explain to him how to put on attacking players who could win a game, instead of sticking to the starting formation. If we make a simple comparison to Inter and Mourinho, you'd see him sacrifice any midfielder or defender for an attacking midfielder or striker and change to a 3-3-4 formation which quite obviously leads to the opposition planting 10 men behind the ball without the silly counter attacks to worry about, which we had today.

Nobody in the club can be excused from this embarrassment. I'm starting to believe that I could do a better job than the apes hired to lead this club.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sissoko played his worst match for Juve. Is there any difference in his role under Ranieri and his role this year? He looked great in a 4-4-2 but this season he can't seem to find himself.
He's never passed the ball well. And it's just getting worse. He can't improve it.

Zach is using him as a more forward player, even somewhat of a Davids on the left, which would obviously fail. He's just running around in front of Poulsen next to Diego doing absolutely nothing. But even if he was further back, he'd be useless as well.

Honestly, he just isn't a very good footballer in this day and age.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The whole season, from beginning to end, even the pre-season, Juve has never created ANY clear goal scoring opportunities from open play.

Goals are usually:
1. Set pieces
2. Lucky deflections

Goes to show, Juve have not been a force ever this season.

Diego is actually shite, he's not for Juventus.

Our forwards need crosses, they're all big boys, but we have no wingers that supply anything that remotely resembles a cross.

We need attacking wingers, Nedved-Camoronesi Style.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Of course he is, but he knows he's not getting the job permanently. I think the players know it too or they generally don't give a shit, which is the only thing I can think about after another useless display.
The results haven't been any better, and a result like Fulham was perhaps our worst ever.

We're back to same crap football under Ferrara and even he had some bright spots at the beginning of his term, which is why I said give Zach time to show his true colors.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
The whole season, from beginning to end, even the pre-season, Juve has never created ANY clear goal scoring opportunities from open play.

Goals are usually:
1. Set pieces
2. Lucky deflections

Our forwards need crosses, they're all big boys, but we have no wingers that supply anything that remotely resembles a cross.

Disagree here. From what I have seen Juventus is not for Diego!

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Regardless of Chimenti's error, we deserved nothing from the match. No point listing all the problems, as they are the exact same issues we saw in the 1st half of the season.

We need a massive clear out this summer. Too many lousy players with poor attitudes that are not worthy of our shirt.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007

Goals are usually:
1. Set pieces
2. Lucky deflections

It sounds like a bit of a broken record, I know, but the only time we saw good football was when we used a single striker and 'wingers' left and right next to Diego.

I don't see how Diego is shit all of a sudden though. He's definitely not shit, I don't know where you get that from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)