Serie A: Roma vs Juventus [September 23 2007] (1 Viewer)

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
CR is playing with his available players, he is a good coach and hope he will prove so, but we have many missing and unfit players while roma are on top form and have all their key players. only if Camo was availabe :(
Well, sure camo is valuable player. But CR knows surely that he couldn't count exclusivly on him. He needs to find out another way to make the team more dangerous. Otherwise, i don't know why he is labeled by many as tinkerman

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Spalletti Wary Of Juve Threat

Roma Coach Luciano Spalletti is excited about tomorrow’s match with Juventus but stresses that it will not be an easy game for his team.

The Bianconeri travel to the Eternal City hoping to end Roma’s perfect start to the season. Roma have won five out of five in all competitions and are yet to concede a goal and many have painted the Giallorossi as overwhelming favourites for the game.

“We have passed some important examinations so far this season,” said Spalletti. “This game will be special and exciting. Juventus are a great team and you cannot ignore their long and glorious history.

“They are composed of many great champions and on the bench they have a manager who has a great deal of experience. They are a team that will certainly not be easy.

“I have studied the friendly we played against them in the summer when we lost and I have found some remedies to the mistakes we made.

“Anyhow we will ignore the result of the Juventus-Udinese match as it was a game where the Bianconeri played well.”

Juventus lost 1-0 to the Zebrette in the game Spalletti is referring to and despite the Roma boss’ kind words, the Bianconeri will have to make vast improvements from that game if they want to come away from Rome with any points.

goal.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Juve per sempre - this formation will go to 442 with Nocerino as sucking RM faster than u can say Roma. Hope that we will play with 3 midfielders, Palladino/Iaquinta as extra striker.

Sep 19, 2006
Juve per sempre - this formation will go to 442 with Nocerino as sucking RM faster than u can say Roma. Hope that we will play with 3 midfielders, Palladino/Iaquinta as extra striker.
Yeah I know,anyway I just wrote what I wanted to see but I am sure Ranieri will go with a regular 4_4_2 & I am guessing he will go for smthing like this:

Birindelli_Andrade_Criscito_Chiellini

Saly_Zanetti_(Almiron or Tiago)_Nedved

Dp_Trezy

Forza Tiago

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I think the question Ranieri has to ask is who is better right now... a totally healthy Birindelli, or a recently match ready Grygera... I know I would opt for Grygera, but that's me.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Spalletti ready for step up

Luciano Spalletti sees the battle with Juventus as a test of Roma’s Scudetto credentials and their place among the giants.

“It is true, this is an exam for us, but there will be others too in this period and we have already passed some,” said the Giallorossi boss.

“This is a match that gives you something extra. It is a special game and an exciting one with the atmosphere that surrounds it.”

Although they have a 100 per cent record and are leading the Serie A table, this is the first title head-to-head of the season.

Juventus are back in the top flight after their year of purgatory post-Calciopoli and are trying to find where they fit in the new football landscape.

“I fear Juve’s history and the fact they were able to keep hold of important players like Alessandro Del Piero and Pavel Nedved. Considering everything that came out, I have some faith in the post-Calciopoli Juve side.”

Spalletti was asked which Bianconeri stars he would like to poach for his own squad, but rejected the question.

“I would not take anyone or anything from them. That is a game we should not play, because I risk making my own players angry! Joking aside, I am happy with what I have and I believe Claudio Ranieri is too.”

The Giallorossi have always struggled to beat their Turin rivals, losing the last two editions of this Serie A fixture, but this time they are the favourites.

“We are two great teams and have faith going into this match. In terms of approach, we just have to keep doing what we know, remembering what happened in the pre-season friendly where we lost 5-2.

“In my career I have drawn with Juventus twice, but never won. It’s not too bad, anyway. I will ask my lads to give me a gift.”

channel 4

Mazzone: Roma Are Favourites

Roma favourite Carlo Mazzone has told Juventus that if they go to the Stadio Olimpico to attack Roma they will lose.

Roma and Juventus meet tomorrow afternoon in the Eternal City with the Giallorossi looking to continue their 100 per cent start to the season

“Roma are the favourites,” Mazzone told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “If Juventus come to the Olimpico and attack to try and win, they will lose.

“If instead the Bianconeri play a patient and clever game, then they can create some problems for Roma. At the moment however, Roma are the stronger team.

“Roma are playing wonderful. They are winning, they are entertaining – it is a dream. I am very happy.”

Mazzone coached his beloved Roma from 1993 to 1996 and is the most experienced Italian tactician of all time, having coached more than 1000 matches over his 38-year career. Carletto also had words of praise for young Giallorossi midfielders Alberto Aquilani and Daniele De Rossi.

“Aquilani and De Rossi will be the centre-midfield partnership for the national team in the future,” concluded the ex-Bologna and Brescia boss.

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)