[Serie A] Roma - Juventus (03/04/2011) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match: Roma 0 - 2 Juve, 03/04/2011

• Storari

• Motta

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Grosso

• Melo

• Aquilani

• Marchisio

• Pepe

• Matri

• Krasic

• Grygera

• Sorenson

• Salihamidzic

• Del Neri

• DiBenedetto

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I know our full backs aren't great and being a defender my entire life I know the need of having smart defenders...I just don't see that as our biggest problems.

I tried telling people 2 years ago we needed new attackers because ours were getting older, always injured and just couldn't fucking score. What did we do? Well, we kept them and sold Trez...2 years of amauri droughts, IQ always injured, DP aging and now luca toni...it took us too long to fix a problem and it has hurt us.

And now, we finally get a good striker in Matri and what does he do? He scores 6 goals in 9 games, assists, etc etc...now imagine having a SS next to him. Trez wouldn't have been the Trez we know had he not had Del Piero next to him for so long.
How could you possibly not think that defense is our biggest problem? Look at the amount of draws we've had. With better full-backs a lot of those may have been converted to wins.

vevenom

Feb 2, 2011
Wow, Grosso played really well and I was surprised. Defence wasn't as nearly as bad as in the last games, Storari made amazing saves. I hope this streak continues. I hope for 7 more wins in this season, if you know what I mean ;)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How could you possibly not think that defense is our biggest problem? Look at the amount of draws we've had. With better full-backs a lot of those may have been converted to wins.
As someone said, we can have the best defense in the world and still lose. How would we lose? Well, that team would have a player that is capable of unlocking even the best defense and that is what we need. Imagine a Juve without Del Piero in his prime, it just wouldn't have been the same and Trez would not have done what he had without his partner. We need a new magic man plane and simple.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #373
    Juventino[RUS];2966813 said:
    how do u know that?
    I just know these things. Do you want to know something about Pepe that you don't know about?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    As someone said, we can have the best defense in the world and still lose. How would we lose? Well, that team would have a player that is capable of unlocking even the best defense and that is what we need. Imagine a Juve without Del Piero in his prime, it just wouldn't have been the same and Trez would not have done what he had without his partner. We need a new magic man plane and simple.
    Its not to say that we don't have any strikers or creative players whatsoever. Compare the quality of our fullbacks relative to that of our offense in Krasic, Matri and Quag. Would you really say that we need to solve our problems starting from up front? I agree that we need a spark upfront like Del Piero has been for us but to turn your logic back on you.. we can score as many goals as we want with our 'magic man' up front but if we don't have a solid defense then the team will continue to leak points. There could be a defense that is capable of locking down even the best offense.

No team is built from any part of the field and because of that you need to root out your deficiencies instead and what's been clear for too long is that our deficiencies start from our full-back positions.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
    Besides some luck and pure goalkeeping-class, the reason we won today was pretty simple: We did NOT play Iaquinta, Toni or Amuari - meaning a tall and slow target man who attracts long balls which is always a waste of possesion. Instead, we attacked by running with the ball on contras while having an extra midfielder to retain possession.

Basically it is more or less the same as when DP is playing alongside Matri - and Machisio on the left. Lets keep the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with Matri and DP up front.

To sum up.. No more static target man and long ball...

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
    Too me the biggest difference in this game contra the last 12 was that our fullbacks did a decent job. That tells me we should start our investments with proper fullbacks. Easy as it sounds.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Melo and storari were pure class, Krasic and Matri finished well, Grosso played like he used to play for the Azzuri and Motta's hair cut is just pathetic... that is all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)