[Serie A] Roma - Juventus (03/04/2011) (10 Viewers)

Man of the Match: Roma 0 - 2 Juve, 03/04/2011

• Storari

• Motta

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Grosso

• Melo

• Aquilani

• Marchisio

• Pepe

• Matri

• Krasic

• Grygera

• Sorenson

• Salihamidzic

• Del Neri

• DiBenedetto

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Not a bad performance, but as this point, I will take any wins we can get.

Our first half performance was a little sloppy, with the usual bad passes, lack of cohesion, and just the general thought that these players dont practice together during the week. The one thought that came to mind a few times during the game is who the hell was supposed to cover Totti when he comes in from the flanks ?? He was left open a few too many times for my liking...luckily, he didnt score

The second half reminded me of how this team is SUPPOSED to play. We neutralized everything they did, and made them pay on the counter. I kept thinking to myself "why cant we play this way all the time ??"

Grosso had a great day, setting up Krasic's cracker of a goal, and assisting on Matri's. I know this guy can still play, but he just doesnt seem to be able to do it week in and week out.

My MOTM has to be Storari. The guy was fantastic !!! Maybe we keep him after Gigi goes to Roma next season....does anyone here REALLY believe that he suddenly came down with the flu right before the game ?? I think a deal is already in place, and he didnt want to play his future employers. Just my opinion, but he's definitely leaving...you heard it here first

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
A win and a clean sheet. You can't ask for more considering the circumstances (missing 3 crucial players, and a departure from the 442 as we had previously used it).

Speaking of the formation, hopefully the slight adaptation of our formation today is a wake up call to DN and his usual rigid tactics. We need to be more flexible in this regard. Not that our performance was anything special, but at least it is proven fact we can score, keep a clean sheet, and win away from home without a tried and trusted formation. A big deal when you have a coach who is stubborn tactically.

Storari for MOTM, with Grosso/Melo a distant second. I disagree with those giving an average rating to Melo. It wasn't so much his tackling and/or ball winning (although there were a few) as it was his smart, disciplined performance, constantly being in the right spot and covering any openings. During the times we were overrun and on the back foot, he didn't bite on their counter attacks, but instead shepherded the Roma players into poorer position/passes.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
My MOTM has to be Storari. The guy was fantastic !!! Maybe we keep him after Gigi goes to Roma next season....does anyone here REALLY believe that he suddenly came down with the flu right before the game ?? I think a deal is already in place, and he didnt want to play his future employers. Just my opinion, but he's definitely leaving...you heard it here first
Though that certainly didn't stop Amauri from playing and having the match of his career against Juve while still at Palermo and the transfer rumors were flying.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Notice how on the first goal once the passing started, the rest of the players filled the box one after another, this is what we usually miss during the games, the off the ball movement and let's be honest, this is the most important aspect to be able to score goals. If one or two players move forward all by themselves, attacking a complete defensive line along with the central midfielders, scoring will only be by luck or by a miracle.
But we need fullbacks. According to some we don't need talent up front because once we have full backs then results will just happen.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
All I can say is fuck Roma and their new owners...

Matriii and Milos !!! I hope we can keep on winning and reach a CL spot,while it is still a possibility..
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes because Pastore is going to solve all of our problems. Just ask Palermo.
Palermo doesn't have a bonucci, chiellini, buffon, melo, aquilani, marchisio, matri, quag, krasic, etc fucking etc...

unlike them we have a solid base to build on...get us a good coach, someone to play next to matri, new LM (or new formation) and watch the goals.

Our Grygera, Motta, Grosso and Sorensen did just fine again Totti, Menez, and Vucinic...

I am sure we will get new full backs, I don't think that will be compromised but that shouldn't slow us down from getting a world class player.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Palermo doesn't have a bonucci, chiellini, buffon, melo, aquilani, marchisio, matri, quag, krasic, etc fucking etc...

unlike them we have a solid base to build on...get us a good coach, someone to play next to matri, new LM (or new formation) and watch the goals.

Our Grygera, Motta, Grosso and Sorensen did just fine again Totti, Menez, and Vucinic...

I am sure we will get new full backs, I don't think that will be compromised but that shouldn't slow us down from getting a world class player.
Three of those players you listed we don't even own and might not end up purchasing if we sign Pastore. And from the way you phrase it you're talking as if they aren't playing on a team that is in 7th place in a weak Serie A and didn't win a match in the EL.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Three of those players you listed we don't even own and might not end up purchasing if we sign Pastore. And from the way you phrase it you're talking as if they aren't playing on a team that is in 7th place in a weak Serie A and didn't win a match in the EL.
*cough*coach*cough*

Get a good coach that doesn't let a team think it will lose to a bad team you might see different results. Again, you can't blame our performances in the EL on fullbacks, nor can you blame the season on these positions either. We do just fine again the big teams with these "horrible" full backs...We have done so since we got promoted if I'm not mistaken.

Like I said...a new coach, a good coach that is, will make a HUGE difference.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Oh I completely agree that we need a manager, Hustini, but after going through three in 18 months it's clear that the players are part of the problem.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh I completely agree that we need a manager, Hustini, but after going through three in 18 months it's clear that the players aren't the best either.
I know our full backs aren't great and being a defender my entire life I know the need of having smart defenders...I just don't see that as our biggest problems.

I tried telling people 2 years ago we needed new attackers because ours were getting older, always injured and just couldn't fucking score. What did we do? Well, we kept them and sold Trez...2 years of amauri droughts, IQ always injured, DP aging and now luca toni...it took us too long to fix a problem and it has hurt us.

And now, we finally get a good striker in Matri and what does he do? He scores 6 goals in 9 games, assists, etc etc...now imagine having a SS next to him. Trez wouldn't have been the Trez we know had he not had Del Piero next to him for so long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)