[Serie A] Roma - Juventus (03/04/2011) (3 Viewers)

Man of the Match: Roma 0 - 2 Juve, 03/04/2011

• Storari

• Motta

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Grosso

• Melo

• Aquilani

• Marchisio

• Pepe

• Matri

• Krasic

• Grygera

• Sorenson

• Salihamidzic

• Del Neri

• DiBenedetto

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I think Marchisio had quite a good game. I'm not sure what people expect of him sometimes. Some people only seem to appreciate him when he's doing things like scoring against Inter.
Yeah he was OK, nothing more, nothing less. To say he was better than Melo is kinda silly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Marchisio had quite a good game. I'm not sure what people expect of him sometimes. Some people only seem to appreciate him when he's doing things like scoring against Inter.
I expect him to get involved considering he's a central midfielder who has relatively good skills. He isn't a Tacchinardi, but people give him credit for performances as if he's worse than Tacchinardi. That's what I don't get.

This whole thing about Marchisio missing from matches isn't some sort of huge myth or nonsense because folks don't like the player. He's a Juventino, everyone likes him.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, I agree that Melo played better than him.

I think it's just become fashionable to criticise Marchisio on here though.
Yep.

He's a steady workhorse who does alot of work off the ball that's why he's not noticed as much.

His awareness off the ball is the best of all our current midfielders.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
We all know Marchisio is Bucks boy. So no worries we'll let it slide this time.
Not really. Whoever performs is "my boy" & whoevever doesn't, is not.

That includes Marchisio, but also Melo for example (unlike last season). It does not, for example, include Aquilani.

I do usually see him giving higher ratings to Marchisio. We've been down this path before.
:lol:

Maybe you should check all of them I posted (I don't always post them though, I wonder why), dating back to earlier in the season. I know for a fact that more than halfway through the season, Melo for me had a higher average than Marchisio.

Yeah he was OK, nothing more, nothing less. To say he was better than Melo is kinda silly.
You can call me Silly Billy.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
All (or at least most) of the games he has gone "missing" in have been while he has played out of position and in a team that hasn't been playing well. It shouldn't be any great surprise that he struggles to get involved sometimes. Even at that he hasn't made glaring mistake likes Grygera, Grosso, Bonucci, Iaquinta, Pepe etc have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)