[Serie A] Roma - Juventus (03/04/2011) (7 Viewers)

Man of the Match: Roma 0 - 2 Juve, 03/04/2011

• Storari

• Motta

• Bonucci

• Barzagli

• Grosso

• Melo

• Aquilani

• Marchisio

• Pepe

• Matri

• Krasic

• Grygera

• Sorenson

• Salihamidzic

• Del Neri

• DiBenedetto

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Physically we were much better than Roma. They ran out of gas pretty early in the game. And also, we always seem to do better against attacking mind teams. We struggle against the ones that close down and put 10 of their man to defend.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hats off for Storari who kept us in the game. Great game by Grosso who made two assists. Props to Krasic and Matri for scoring two of our scarce goal chances. Melo gets my vote as the man of the match though :star:
Why Melo? He was good at times, quite well actually, but MOM for the whole game? What did he do better then Storari, Grosso and two goalscorers?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Why Melo? He was good at times, quite well actually, but MOM for the whole game? What did he do better then Storari, Grosso and two goalscorers?
He was the link between our defense, midfield and attack. Covered the space our defenders (mainly Grosso) left open for Roma players, stole quite a few balls, finished passes, he had a very very good game IMO.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I'm wondering this myself. I'm a big fan of the guy (Melo), but I think his midfield partners' absolute mediocrity today is making him looking better than he was in some people's eyes or something.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #331
    Notice how on the first goal once the passing started, the rest of the players filled the box one after another, this is what we usually miss during the games, the off the ball movement and let's be honest, this is the most important aspect to be able to score goals. If one or two players move forward all by themselves, attacking a complete defensive line along with the central midfielders, scoring will only be by luck or by a miracle.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    :agree:

And then you wonder where our midfield is as we never even get a ball in rebounds. Any ball cleared by the opponents' defenders always ends up in their possession. We attack with a few players, we don't have a crowded and organized midfield and we also defend with a few players.

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
    Physically we were much better than Roma. They ran out of gas pretty early in the game. And also, we always seem to do better against attacking mind teams. We struggle against the ones that close down and put 10 of their man to defend.
    I have also noticed this and accepted that we play like a mid table club. We did well against the top teams because we counter, yet against smaller teams, we dont have the quality to take over a game

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #335
    :agree:

And then you wonder where our midfield is as we never even get a ball in rebounds. Any ball cleared by the opponents' defenders always ends up in their possession. We attack with a few players, we don't have a crowded and organized midfield and we also defend with a few players.
    I know, I said that in the LIVE thread. I mentioned it after two or three rebounds where our midfielders are just camping in our own half waiting for the Roma players to attack. What kind of tactics is that?

Jul 28, 2002
    Not the best performance, but as usual we did better playing on the break and not needing to take it o the opposition.

Marcisio, Pepe and aqua should count themselves very luck to have a Melo in epic form along with storari kept us in the game! Krasic and matri fed of scraps!

As much as I think grosso is a poor example of a footballer, he was very good today...must have something to do with getting of his shut curly hair.

Finally however this great win merely masks the true problems that were ever present. Still look fragile especially on the flanks, little or no midfield creativity or guile. Luckily matri appears to have a good mix of work ethic and talent to go with a little bit of pace!

To improve marchisio and aqua really need o impose themselves on the game as this would make
    Everyone else play with more confidence.

I hope we stick with 433...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)