[Serie A] Pescara 1-6 JUVENTUS (November 10, 2012) (11 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Quagliarella

• Giovinco

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I am so happy that we played our best squad against Pescara because it is them that need to play properly to get into the right mind set. The team has a great potential and this season with the help of referees and some luck we found ourselves comfortable and sloppy that we forgot the entire basics this team was built upon.

After the Inter match I had the belief that we need to play properly in order to reach our potential and the lads have responded in the same way I have wished. Two games were enough, one more against Lazio (a much tougher opponent) and we are ready to face Chelsea. Today we took an early lead again and all of a sudden the sloppiness started to appear, I am thinking this is the Conte factor now.

Buffon 6

Barzagli 7
Bonucci 7
Chiellini 7

Isla 7
Vidal 7.5
Pirlo 6.5
Marchisio 7
Asamoah 7

Giovinco 8
Quagliarella 9

Padoin 6.5
Marrone 6.5
Bendtner N.R
:tup:

The lads have responded very well to the loss against Inter. Which is a loss, clearly, that this team probably needed to have. We've re found our hunger and you can see a lot of last season's Juve in this team again. We are slowly but surely reaching our potential...we are a very strong team.

I hope to see an even better performance against Lazio next week.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Couldn't have wished for a better response after the Inter game. There's no doubting the character in this side. Some of the goals today were sublime and Quagliarella looks to have cemented himself above Matri and Bendtner in the pecking order. Can you please keep him there for a few games, even if he has one or two below par games, please Conte?

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I honestly believe the higher ups at Juve had circled this match on the calendar after Verratti left to P$G. Dear Pescara, you won't be getting our money, or any of our promising youth in the future...just our goals.

Jun 13, 2007
I don't remember the last time we won by scoring 6. I'm fact, I think the last time was in the Cl around 10 years ago when we beat dynamo Kiev maybe. Anyway, tremendous performance. We really showed what we can do when we play with the right intensity. This was a very worrisome time for us to be honest. In recent weeks it felt as if a disaster was looming and th inter game just came as a confirmation. I wouldn't say that we have been lucky or that refs have helped us, because I think we deserved our wins. We almost always were the better side, but we sometimes lacked that intensity we've shown in the last couple of games.

So instead of falling into a horrible demoralizing trap, we respond by scoring 10 goals in 2 games following our defeat. Im happy about the character I've seen. Comte is really a manager who deserves all the trust in the world. It feels refreshing when you know that you're going to see a team of warriors walk into the pitch and play dominating football for so many weeks. It was a timely thrashing of a weaker opponent, I hope we carry thus form to the Chelsea match.

On another note, giovinco quagmire is a partnership I want to see more often. Just superb.

May 22, 2007
I don't remember the last time we won by scoring 6. I'm fact, I think the last time was in the Cl around 10 years ago when we beat dynamo Kiev maybe. Anyway, tremendous performance. We really showed what we can do when we play with the right intensity. This was a very worrisome time for us to be honest. In recent weeks it felt as if a disaster was looming and th inter game just came as a confirmation. I wouldn't say that we have been lucky or that refs have helped us, because I think we deserved our wins. We almost always were the better side, but we sometimes lacked that intensity we've shown in the last couple of games.

So instead of falling into a horrible demoralizing trap, we respond by scoring 10 goals in 2 games following our defeat. Im happy about the character I've seen. Comte is really a manager who deserves all the trust in the world. It feels refreshing when you know that you're going to see a team of warriors walk into the pitch and play dominating football for so many weeks. It was a timely thrashing of a weaker opponent, I hope we carry thus form to the Chelsea match.

On another note, giovinco quagmire is a partnership I want to see more often. Just superb.
You must remember the Olympiacos match?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You speak Russian?
I don't, or at least not well, but I easily understand Russian.
-----------------------

I was thinking how Quagliarella probably had the best or most effective post-Calciopoli performance from a Juve player. 3 goals and 2 assists in one match is something noone else did in one match for a long time, I think. He could have had two more assists, because he set great chances for Marchisio and one other Juve player. Every touch he made today worked. And even more, all those touches were spectacular. Matched a "Del Piero at his best" performance with those moves and touches.

I'd go with the same pair of attackers on the next match. The rotation of the strikers obviously didn't work. Conte is choosing the striking force according to the opponent and the defenses we face, but at least I didn't notice that those tactics worked. We need to find a pair that works well and build up on it. Despite the serie D quality of the defense they faced tonight, Quag and Giovinco actually clicked, so it's gonna be silly if we don't keep this partnership for the next couple of matches at least.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I am so happy that we played our best squad against Pescara because it is them that need to play properly to get into the right mind set. The team has a great potential and this season with the help of referees and some luck we found ourselves comfortable and sloppy that we forgot the entire basics this team was .........
A case of "blah blah" lay off what ever the hell you're on & chill.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Stroll in the park.

Pescara were woeful.

Don't know why they didn't at least pack the centre and keep the spaces small like most teams do against Juve.

Still, Juve played some nice stuff and players had their shooting boots on for a chance.

Juve's defence was rubbish.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't, or at least not well, but I easily understand Russian.
-----------------------

I was thinking how Quagliarella probably had the best or most effective post-Calciopoli performance from a Juve player. 3 goals and 2 assists in one match is something noone else did in one match for a long time, I think. He could have had two more assists, because he set great chances for Marchisio and one other Juve player. Every touch he made today worked. And even more, all those touches were spectacular. Matched a "Del Piero at his best" performance with those moves and touches.

I'd go with the same pair of attackers on the next match. The rotation of the strikers obviously didn't work. Conte is choosing the striking force according to the opponent and the defenses we face, but at least I didn't notice that those tactics worked. We need to find a pair that works well and build up on it. Despite the serie D quality of the defense they faced tonight, Quag and Giovinco actually clicked, so it's gonna be silly if we don't keep this partnership for the next couple of matches at least.
Add me to the list in your sig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)