Serie A: Palermo vs Juventus [April 6th, 2008] (3 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Sissoko can pass a ball when the guy he's trying to reach is not too far. But he's really poor in that department. And I'm not saying Sissoko shouldn't play. He obviously should. But that means you can NEVER play Nocerino. You have to start with Tiago every single game.
see I don't buy that. He does not attempt alot of long range passes, but they still have been pretty accurate when he has attempted them . Look this is a guy who has been torn to bits by fans because of alleged lack of passing ability in Liverpool. So he moves here and in less than a month his passing has improved dramatically. Makes me wonder how much he would improve in another 5 months.

And we should Never play Nocerino anyway. Sissoko does the DMF job well enough on his own.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
see I don't buy that. He does not attempt alot of long range passes, but they still have been pretty accurate when he has attempted them . Look this is a guy who has been torn to bits by fans because of alleged lack of passing ability in Liverpool. So he moves here and in less than a month his passing has improved dramatically. Makes me wonder how much would he improve in another 5 months.

And we should Never play Nocerino anyway. Sissoko does the DMF job well enough on his own.
He tried to pass a ball to Camoranesi and twice failed in the same way. His long range passes are useless. He should simply never attempt them. That's why we need Tiago. That way Sissoko can focus on what he does best as well.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A few things about our defense.
For the ones giving higher ratings on Chiellini than Legro, i suggest you to watch again the goals and see that in the first goal, Amauri dribbled trough the both of them and his shoot has gone just between them, so they share the fault. Buffon was out of position, he didnt expected an on target shoot from that distance and with two defenders on him, i generally give the blame to the keepers when we speak about long range shoots, because they have more time to react than usually, but that goal was out of reach, only a very good positioning would have helped.

In the second goal, Chiellini marks Amauri all by himself and he is just standing there and looking at him how he heads it in, Buffon has almost (again positioning) no blame here and the only other defender with partial blame is Grygera, but Grygera was marking his man and attempted (at least) to block that cross, the crosser didnt have the time and the space for the perfect cross and there is no way to block a team of never making any cross, even after the worst circumstances.

Thats why i said that Chiellini is responsible for 1.5 goals
(not to mention he almost scored an own goal)
and Legro for 0.5, also you may add the fact that Legro had some positive contri in the offense and you get my ratings, i cant see how anyone can rate Chiellini higher than Legro for this match. I also consider Chiellini a better player than Legro, but we rate today's performance, not the player's value, or demonstration of skills.

In the third goal, i blame Buffon, our players withdraw further away than our penalty area and Buffon had a clear straight line and visual contact with Cassani, you can see that from the camera that is placed right from the back of the shooter,
i m confident that the best keeper in the world can block much more difficult balls than that!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
see I don't buy that. He does not attempt alot of long range passes, but they still have been pretty accurate when he has attempted them . Look this is a guy who has been torn to bits by fans because of alleged lack of passing ability in Liverpool. So he moves here and in less than a month his passing has improved dramatically. Makes me wonder how much would he improve in another 5 months.

Sissoko is enough to take over the DMF positions. We need someone that can make those long balls up to our forwards whomever they might be. I dont think anyone got past sissoko today that didnt get tackled right after. He long balls are fine if they are going out wide, over the top i dont think we have many players that can hit them well. One of our better ones went off with a head injury. His absence was sorely felt. Sissoko has earned himself a starting spot easily, lets hope we get nedved back quickly b/c we dont have many that can fill that void. I agree, Nocerino over Tiago? nada chance

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Del Piero does though. Somehow he's the kind of player who likes to pick out his teams. He really likes Napoli and Parma for instance. He usually has good games when we're playing Palermo as well.

All in all I agree with you and I don't think this is going to be easy at all. Playing in Sicily is always tough for us and Palermo should not be underestimated even if they haven't been doing too well lately. I can see a draw happening, whilst winning tonight would be awesome.

Especially as Inter will choke later this afternoon.
Well..

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Sissoko is enough to take over the DMF positions. We need someone that can make those long balls up to our forwards whomever they might be. I dont think anyone got past sissoko today that didnt get tackled right after. He long balls are fine if they are going out wide, over the top i dont think we have many players that can hit them well. One of our better ones went off with a head injury. His absence was sorely felt. Sissoko has earned himself a starting spot easily, lets hope we get nedved back quickly b/c we dont have many that can fill that void. I agree, Nocerino over Tiago? nada chance
you've been here for almost 3 years and only have 2 posts? Have you been in hibernation?

well you were wrong about Inter losing so.......

NO SOUP FOR YOU! :D

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
First off I have to say that despite the scoreline , our terrible luck ,and all the calls going against us , that was a brilliant game of serieA football . Despite going down 2 goals down , Juve put up a hell of a fight and easilly could have won the game if hadn't been for some dreadful luck . This is just one of those games where the end result does not do justice with what went on in the pitch . All in all , the boys were great tonight and if they continue to put on simmilar performances as the one they put on in the second half , we have nothing to worry about .

Player ratings .

Buffon 5 - Dissappointing , could have done better with second goal . Three shots , three goals for Palermo , just not Buffon's night .

Grygera 6 - He was solid defensively ..

Legro 6.5 - He had a good game and nearly scored from a brilliant long range effort .

Chiellini 6 - He's an excellent player and he made some excellent tackles . He should have done better to prevent at least one of the goals .

Molinaro 7 - Great game for him , he did well both offensively and defensively .

Nocerino 5.5 - He ran a lot and made some important interceptions but is extremely dissapointing when assisting in attack .

Momo 7.5 - Despite his terrible passing , his perfectly timed tackless and incredible determination has truely added another dimension to our midfield game .

Camo 7 - He was all over the pitch , made some excellent runs down the right side , and had some neat crosses in the game .

Trez 5 - He got his chances , he didn't take them . Not much more to say .

Del piero 9 - no comment .

Subs :

Iaquinta 5.5- Did not get into the game and seemed very frustrated at times .

Tiago 6 - He had a couple of nice passes , an overall ok performance by him .

Sali 5.5 - Like Iaquinta , he failed to make his presence felt .

Ranieri 6.5 - He did his job right , We were just unluvky and unfortunate tonight .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you've been here for almost 3 years and only have 2 posts? Have you been in hibernation?

well you were wrong about Inter losing so.......

NO SOUP FOR YOU! :D
haha no i just like to read what you guys have to say. today pissed me off, so consider the bear has awoken. yea i guess its odd ive been here for that long and have never said anything.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I can't believe some people actually expect Buffon to do smth about those goals, no keeper in the world could save any of those 3 goals, and I mean no one.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
any1 watching cantrocampo they gave their player ratings Sissoko (5.5) Juve's second worst player after Noce, the media don't like him don't know what else he has to do

Apr 12, 2004
εℓvίn;1606480 said:
I can't believe some people actually expect Buffon to do smth about those goals, no keeper in the world could save any of those 3 goals, and I mean no one.
Pango Bieskiatsky would have saved them.
any1 watching cantrocampo they gave their player ratings Sissoko (5.5) Juve's second worst player after Noce, the media don't like him don't know what else he has to do
.....what a joke.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
haha no i just like to read what you guys have to say. today pissed me off, so consider the bear has awoken. yea i guess its odd ive been here for that long and have never said anything.
Easy there man . Two posts in one day ? so now you'll go for 6 years without speaking ? :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Camo deserves criticism for his poor attitude and temperament that lead to the sitaution to the goal. Totally moronic.

And Momo directly competes for the MOM award despite there being 2 other players who scored 2 goals each, thats how awesome he was in this game, not just win ball all by himself all over, but directly involved in both goals. Camo was decent, nothing more in this game. His performance tonight is uncomparable to Momos gigantic show.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Anyone notice how the Juve players were higging Amauri in the first half ?

English commentator : " Juve players unusually showing a lot of love to Amauri , do they know something we don't ? Anyway , let's get back to the game "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)