[Serie A] Palermo-Juventus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have seen a lot of our games full matches this season and apart from against Bruges in Belgium, and Fiorentina,I can category say we have eben outplayed in every game i have seen us play. The thing saving us is that we have world class finishers in our side and the sides we have been meeting and beating have either crap as forwards or managers who make starnge decisions
Taking off Makinwa yesterday was just baffling from Palermao point of view
WHY CAN WE NOT OUTPLAY ANYONE?
The simple minds we have on here will point to amount of points but you cannot have teams like Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern, Milan dominate you like that cos they have players that will scoreand believe me it will happen.
Well the problem is we are playing 4-4-2 with 2 holding midfielders and Trez whose only contribution is scoring, full baclks that do not really get forward enuff for a side playing with 2 holding mfsand wingers who do there fair share of defending.

Well i did say Zlatan should be moved backwrds to like an attacking mf and Mutu or Dp take his place and you saw how Mutu buried his chances like the striker he is.

Abiatti: played very well and made 1 very good save that would have made it 2-2 at the end
Pessotto : did not get forward at all, tried his best at the back and man do we have problems with this position 5.5
Thuram: improved a bit but still a liablity at the back the way he is playing 5
Cannavaro: reduced to desperate defending cos of whats around him, not his best moments but better than the rest 6
Chiellini: was embarassed time and time again by Paleromos right winger and if we are gonna persist with him at left back well then he needs help 5
Vieria: Started life at Juve very well but is now a shadow of that player another bad game 5
Emerson: i thought he was terrific as he was able to make tackles and blocks cleverly to deny Palermo time and time again 6.5
Camoranesi: I did nt think he had a good game, gave the ball away initially too frequently for belief 5.5
Mutu: played a very good game and got both goals 6.5
Zlatan: was quite awful, i have praised him in the past but last nite he was terrible but you still have misguided souls praising him to the hilt and one in particular whom i refuse to mention have the audacity to send me a private message cos he thinks i am idiotic enuff to participate in the pathetic Dp vs Zlatan nonsense on here 5
Trez: didnt do much 5
Dp i will give 6 for actually coming onto the field not for anything he did on it, cos if it was me, id have given Capello the finger for putting me on that late and a black eye for insulting me like that
Capello: he is just a nuisance and i am tired of talking about him

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
There you have it guys. Juventus vs Palermo, Del Piero's 7 minutes was worth a 6 and Ibra's was worth a 5.

I'm not the one who blames Del Piero. He's a great player and did fine in the few minutes he got, but it's idiotic to even rate a player that didn't participate in the game more than 20-25 minutes.

Camoranesi was worth more than 5.5. Come on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Del Piero had the same match as Ibrahimovic yesterday there would be the usual handful of people who overrate his performamce and probably give him a 7 as well for his efforts. There would also be that other group who underrate his performance just because he's Del Piero and want to push their own agenda on the proceedings, either for the fact they want Zlatan to play no matter what or how they liken the true Del Piero supporters to homosexuals.

Either way...whats the point. What is the point of overrating and underrating our players time and time again...any sane supporter of our team can see what happened last night. So when you see a 7 in a sea of 6's you just have to wonder what match this person was watching last night, or ponder the obvious agenda said poster has to push. Then when you ask the question of what exactly did Ibrahimovic do last night...nobody has the wherewithall to answer it and false excuses such as Zlatan had an assist during the match popped up.

Then I see the brilliant tactic of labling fans as either European or non-European, seemingly trying to formulate an inane argument that anybody who resides overseas doesn't know what they're talking about...like the Europeans are the only people who actually watch the matches...

But hey say what you wish. The fact of the matter is some people here live in a Juve fantasy world where looking at anything beyond the results is prohibited...a place where when our ship suddenly sinks somewhere in Europe people will think about suicide and disgracefully insult our players because they didnt have any foresight.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Akerman said:
There you have it guys. Juventus vs Palermo, Del Piero's 7 minutes was worth a 6 and Ibra's was worth a 5.

I'm not the one who blames Del Piero. He's a great player and did fine in the few minutes he got, but it's idiotic to even rate a player that didn't participate in the game more than 20-25 minutes.

I said i gave hm 6 for coming on at all not for the way he played or do you not know how to read. As a symbol and what he represents for Capello to give him 5 minutes is a gross insult and i said if it was me , no way would i have gone on, no way whatsoever

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
I'm sorry RochemBeck, I don't want to insult you or anything but you seriously need to check those eyes of yours since I've written all over the place why I think Ibra deserved atleast 6.5. I also wrote some posts after my ratings that I changed my mind to 6.5.

denco, why even rate him or give him anything?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
RochemBeck said:
If Del Piero had the same match as Ibrahimovic yesterday there would be the usual handful of people who overrate his performamce and probably give him a 7 as well for his efforts. There would also be that other group who underrate his performance just because he's Del Piero and want to push their own agenda on the proceedings, either for the fact they want Zlatan to play no matter what or how they liken the true Del Piero supporters to homosexuals.

Either way...whats the point. What is the point of overrating and underrating our players time and time again...any sane supporter of our team can see what happened last night. So when you see a 7 in a sea of 6's you just have to wonder what match this person was watching last night, or ponder the obvious agenda said poster has to push. Then when you ask the question of what exactly did Ibrahimovic do last night...nobody has the wherewithall to answer it and false excuses such as Zlatan had an assist during the match popped up.

Then I see the brilliant tactic of labling fans as either European or non-European, seemingly trying to formulate an inane argument that anybody who resides overseas doesn't know what they're talking about...like the Europeans are the only people who actually watch the matches...

But hey say what you wish. The fact of the matter is some people here live in a Juve fantasy world where looking at anything beyond the results is prohibited...a place where when our ship suddenly sinks somewhere in Europe people will think about suicide and disgracefully insult our players because they didnt have any foresight.
oof, well done, good post!

you've summed up there pretty much one of the key problems with many of the folk on these forums over the whole of my time here at least. We win, people give all our players high marks and we're on top of the world - we lose, and we're all feeling suicidal, silly really

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Vinman said:
Dominic- I read 2 lines of your posts and realize your IQ is lower than the amount of goals in yesterdays game...jog on, son
:disagree:

What the hell kind of arrogant and moronic way to avoid a discussion is that?
"Jog on, son". Truly truly sad. You never back up your oppinions with arguements, without any logic and reasons. It is truly low and sad to aim at the person, when discussing something. I guess you're simply not worth the effort.

Vinman said:
think what you want, but posters like Rab, Andy, Denco, and myself see what lies ahead, and it dont look good
You and Rab have foresight, that's rich. Like I wrote before, you're just negative for the sake of it and Rab wants to belong with the popular crew.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dominic said:

It's getting really boring and predictable. It's the same I see, after every match. The same negative shit, just for the sake of it. No i'm not talking about Capello's game.. I'm talking about the Andy's the Vinmans, Azzurri7's etc. Why do I get the feeling you have written your match reports before the match has even started?
The trend has become, on this forum, to try to criticize the team in the same way andy and vinman do.
Capello no gameplan? That's laughable. Noone plays as tactically cold and effective as Capello does. Oh yes, we only win because of superiour players and we should play more like Barcelona does. Think to yourself for one moment, ' how does Barcelona win' ?
First of all...if you do not like my posts simply dont read them. I'm not here to please you or anybody else for that matter, and pondering whether or not I write the match reports before the game has ended just makes you look like an imbecile.

Secondly, if you are content and happy we rarely play well against anybody anymore good for you...thats very touching. The fact of the matter is we continue to win without deserving to win in many of the matches we play, and this sort of approach will come back to haunt us in our quest for the trophy that keeps escaping us...but seeing your previous posts I guess you're incapable of understanding this notion, so there is no point explaining it really..

If you dont like so many people sharing my stance on this issue thats your problem really..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Dominic said:

It's getting really boring and predictable. It's the same I see, after every match. The same negative shit, just for the sake of it. No i'm not talking about Capello's game.. I'm talking about the Andy's the Vinmans, Azzurri7's etc. Why do I get the feeling you have written your match reports before the match has even started?
The trend has become, on this forum, to try to criticize the team in the same way andy and vinman do.
Capello no gameplan? That's laughable. Noone plays as tactically cold and effective as Capello does. Oh yes, we only win because of superiour players and we should play more like Barcelona does. Think to yourself for one moment, ' how does Barcelona win' ?

I am glad that people started to realize what Andy's Vinman's and others' comments are..I had countless arguments with them in past for that.they call themselves realists,realists my ass..

If there are still people criticizing Palermo's game,what the fuck you can say more?? the same team that beat inter,draw with fiorentina etc.. we beat siena they said,Is siena a football team??we should beat them 10-0,yeah let's sack Capello,look they drew against Inter,Hmm,I wonder what would happen here if we were in Inter's place today..but no we should be top of the world,even 10-0 is not an enough win,Del piero should play more that 90 minutes,Zlatan should play in primavera or we should give him on loan to small clubs,yeah let's loan him out to siena. because del piero has a great history,he must double boniperti's record AT LEAST,he must be president,he must be God,why we are paying Capello?? we don't need a coach like him,he doesn't have tactics,he waits at home from matchdays to other,then he picks 11 players?no?he doesn't know what is football, we can win without a coach,it's Juventus,ask Ancelotti..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It's great to see Mutu played instead of Nedved (is he injured?),not because he scored two goals (I know all the ratings are mostly focused on goals sadly),but he is offering much more that this year's Nedved,I hope Capello keeps him there..

I am very worried about our defence,they are not on top,kovac is missing,I was happy to see Pessotto again,but he got injured again,I hope we can buy an RB and a CD at least,and bring back Tachinardi,or someone like him as soon as possible

Jan 7, 2004
Akerman said:

did you even read what he wrote.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
But he has recovered now and is fit to play against fiorentina.

Buffon also fit to play tuesday.

Only injured players are kovac(we will miss him for a long period, could be out month or even more...), zebina and birindelli.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
RochemBeck said:

Great post, my respects to you.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
denco said:
I have seen a lot of our games full matches this season and apart from against Bruges in Belgium, and Fiorentina,I can category say we have eben outplayed in every game i have seen us play. The thing saving us is that we have world class finishers in our side and the sides we have been meeting and beating have either crap as forwards or managers who make starnge decisions
Taking off Makinwa yesterday was just baffling from Palermao point of view
WHY CAN WE NOT OUTPLAY ANYONE?
The simple minds we have on here will point to amount of points but you cannot have teams like Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern, Milan dominate you like that cos they have players that will scoreand believe me it will happen.
Well the problem is we are playing 4-4-2 with 2 holding midfielders and Trez whose only contribution is scoring, full baclks that do not really get forward enuff for a side playing with 2 holding mfsand wingers who do there fair share of defending.

Well i did say Zlatan should be moved backwrds to like an attacking mf and Mutu or Dp take his place and you saw how Mutu buried his chances like the striker he is.

Abiatti: played very well and made 1 very good save that would have made it 2-2 at the end
Pessotto : did not get forward at all, tried his best at the back and man do we have problems with this position 5.5
Thuram: improved a bit but still a liablity at the back the way he is playing 5
Cannavaro: reduced to desperate defending cos of whats around him, not his best moments but better than the rest 6
Chiellini: was embarassed time and time again by Paleromos right winger and if we are gonna persist with him at left back well then he needs help 5
Vieria: Started life at Juve very well but is now a shadow of that player another bad game 5
Emerson: i thought he was terrific as he was able to make tackles and blocks cleverly to deny Palermo time and time again 6.5
Camoranesi: I did nt think he had a good game, gave the ball away initially too frequently for belief 5.5
Mutu: played a very good game and got both goals 6.5
Zlatan: was quite awful, i have praised him in the past but last nite he was terrible but you still have misguided souls praising him to the hilt and one in particular whom i refuse to mention have the audacity to send me a private message cos he thinks i am idiotic enuff to participate in the pathetic Dp vs Zlatan nonsense on here 5
Trez: didnt do much 5
Dp i will give 6 for actually coming onto the field not for anything he did on it, cos if it was me, id have given Capello the finger for putting me on that late and a black eye for insulting me like that
Capello: he is just a nuisance and i am tired of talking about him

Agree 100%

In my opinion, we has Juve fans have to cheer the team, we have to be with the team all the time, we have to support the team, but we cant fool our selfs and say that we are playing great soccer, until now the "Win with minimum effort" has work and IMO can win us the Scudetto, but in the CL if we use the same teory we are gonna get screw.

And to the poeple who wants to reduce our problems into a "DP vrs Zlatan" stupid war, GROW UP!!

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
ok azzuri
if capello is not a good coach and if he prefers tall strikers and all these arguments
what about trezeguet,nedved his team mates who said that he deserves the golden ball and that a player at his class cant be blamed when he is a little egoist(nedved) and that he is a strong,fast,very skilfull,creates the right spaces,he is one of these rare players who enjoy playing football and enjoy also the spectators,with him all has become easier ,he deserves the golden ball(trez)
i think that them can judge players better than us
do u agree with me?
Azzurri7 said:
No not really, If you check my posts back, you'll see that I was there thanking Zlatan in his prev games for his assists and goals, or giving him 7 when he deserve...But I'm not Ibra ass licker to always praise him..He didn't do anything..

See I had a Man Utd fan with me, and he likes Zlatan, not a big fan though, He even said that Zlatan should have been subbed early in the second half, It's only here in the Forum, who do think that Ibra should continue playing wether he did good or bad.

If I'm bashing Zlatan It's because I care for the team and I want the best for the team, not because I want his head out. try to understand before you make any conclusion.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
RochemBeck said:
First of all...if you do not like my posts simply dont read them. I'm not here to please you or anybody else for that matter, and pondering whether or not I write the match reports before the game has ended just makes you look like an imbecile.
A forum is for discussions, it'd be useless to come here if I could only reply to what I'd want to read. I did not actually think you wrote the match report beforehand, it was more a comment on it's predictablity and it makes me wonder wether we've seen a completely different match.

RochemBeck said:
Secondly, if you are content and happy we rarely play well against anybody anymore good for you...thats very touching. The fact of the matter is we continue to win without deserving to win in many of the matches we play, and this sort of approach will come back to haunt us in our quest for the trophy that keeps escaping us...but seeing your previous posts I guess you're incapable of understanding this notion, so there is no point explaining it really..
Do not quote me on things I did not say. I'm not content to not play well. I'm concent that we win, so cynically and effectively. Besides, we didn't play awfully yesterday. It's what you expect to see beforehand, and thus you watch the match in tunnelvision. I do think that we'll come across more problems in CL with these tactics, ala Liverpool last season. Though i'm giving credit to Capello for winning the scudetto the way he is.
Because of my previous posts I can't understand? Is that even an arguement?

RochemBeck said:
If you dont like so many people sharing my stance on this issue thats your problem really..
Ok.

Anyway regardless. Inter's result and Milan's second half today certainly puts our perfomance even more into perspective, if we don't deserve to win. Who does? Inter is being Inter and Milan's performances this season have been terribly inconsistent and sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)