[Serie A] Palermo-Juventus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
RochemBeck said:
But hey say what you wish. The fact of the matter is some people here live in a Juve fantasy world where looking at anything beyond the results is prohibited...a place where when our ship suddenly sinks somewhere in Europe people will think about suicide and disgracefully insult our players because they didnt have any foresight.
getting eliminated in europe doesn't sound like sinking the ship,Juventus is not the top club of the world,if you think so..Juventus is a Club that tries to succeed in Europe,and it dominates locally,this is Juventus,you still see the (unfair) elimination of Europe as our ship sunk,it's not like that..me and posters like Dominic know what Juventus is about, we are not saying that Juventus will win the CL,or Juventus is the Best team in the world,but when you look at your posts it's rubish,the way you criticize the team over and over again,leading 9 points is something in Serie A,If you can't see that as a sucess,you are blind.Juventus is on the very right way,we need a copule of transfers a right back or left,and a defender and adding a midfielder would be even better..this years Juventus has the capacity to win the League and even the CL,weather you like it or not..

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wanted to point out a great, concise statement from Vinman here:

Vinman said:
We have the tools, but not the mechanic (Capello), to make them work in the best possible way
That sums it up to me. While I still think it would be suicidal to even consider a coaching switch with a team that is currently setting Serie A records for domination right now, how we fare in the CL will largely come down to getting by on more than just talent.

Not saying that Capello doesn't add to the mix at all here. But, IMO, it's clear to me we're far from maximizing the potential of this club... and we'll need it every coming round of the CL here on out.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
:disagree:

What the hell kind of arrogant and moronic way to avoid a discussion is that?
"Jog on, son". Truly truly sad. You never back up your oppinions with arguements, without any logic and reasons. It is truly low and sad to aim at the person, when discussing something. I guess you're simply not worth the effort.

You and Rab have foresight, that's rich. Like I wrote before, you're just negative for the sake of it and Rab wants to belong with the popular crew.

you're talking as If you've been following my posts all way...why can't you read and discuss or argue in a right manner and stop moaning like that girl I slept with last night, Instead of predicting wether I'm trying to be popular crew or not. Yeah, I'm trying but I have my points, If you can't see them then as Vinny said......Jog On, Son.....

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
you're talking as If you've been following my posts all way...why can't you read and discuss or argue in a right manner and stop moaning like that girl I slept with last night, Instead of predicting wether I'm trying to be popular crew or not. Yeah, I'm trying but I have my points, If you can't see them then as Vinny said......Jog On, Son.....
Quite ironic this post. As the bolded part was exactly my point against Vinman. I always argue and discuss in a normal manner by the way, it's you who uses the bolded sentence as escape route everytime you end up in a debat.
And sorry, i'm not interested in the girls you sleep with. Again ironic also, the constant moaning about Capello's so called boring play is what my original comments were about. I'm not predicting wether or not you're trying to be with the popular crew or not, it's something I noted. I won't even dignify those famous last words.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
snoop said:
getting eliminated in europe doesn't sound like sinking the ship,Juventus is not the top club of the world,if you think so..Juventus is a Club that tries to succeed in Europe,and it dominates locally,this is Juventus,you still see the (unfair) elimination of Europe as our ship sunk,it's not like that..me and posters like Dominic know what Juventus is about, we are not saying that Juventus will win the CL,or Juventus is the Best team in the world,but when you look at your posts it's rubish,the way you criticize the team over and over again,leading 9 points is something in Serie A,If you can't see that as a sucess,you are blind.Juventus is on the very right way,we need a copule of transfers a right back or left,and a defender and adding a midfielder would be even better..this years Juventus has the capacity to win the League and even the CL,weather you like it or not..

I disagree, with our squad not winning the Champions League this year would be the "Sinking Ship"....

Looking at our Midfielder and the great options we have in attack and having 2great goalkeepers, not to forget from Canna till Zambo...

If there's time to win the Champions League, then this is the right time...We'll not always have the same players we have right now.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
Quite ironic this post. As the bolded part was exactly my point against Vinman. I always argue and discuss in a normal manner by the way, it's you who uses the bolded sentence as escape route everytime you end up in a debat.
And sorry, i'm not interested in the girls you sleep with. Again ironic also, the constant moaning about Capello's so called boring play is what my original comments were about. I'm not predicting wether or not you're trying to be with the popular crew or not, it's something I noted. I won't even dignify those famous last words.

It's not the first time you talk to somebody and you put me in there. Please If you have any problem with my posts or anything, Pm me ...And I repeat I'm not trying to be maniac basher here or anything....It's just you and the likes of you can't accept criticizing capello nor Zlatan, but when we praise them It's something else. I'm not gonna ask you not to read my posts, but you're not oblige to like them, It would be silly If everyone would have same opinion like yours...

And plus, what about famous words you talking about????? grow the hell up...you're going silly and offtopic.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
denco said:
I said i gave hm 6 for coming on at all not for the way he played or do you not know how to read. As a symbol and what he represents for Capello to give him 5 minutes is a gross insult and i said if it was me , no way would i have gone on, no way whatsoever

If I was the coach and you did that you'd be out sooner than you could say "Can I at least get my last paycheck?"

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
It's not the first time you talk to somebody and you put me in there.
I think the first time was in this thread. Remind me if I have done so before.

Azzurri7 said:
Please If you have any problem with my posts or anything, Pm me or anything...
I have no problems with you, I think you're great.

Azzurri7 said:
And I repeat I'm not trying to be maniac basher here or anything....It's just you and the likes of you can't accept criticizing capello nor Zlatan, but when we praise them It's something else.
I can accept any criticism. I have done so myself towards Capello, but the comments i'm finding here more and more every week are unjust. I have great respect for great writers such as Andy and Denco. Though I do not agree with the bashing.

That Zlatan remark is a huge insult! I'm everything but a Zlatan fan, quite the opposite!. I think i've made that clear often enough. Doesn't mean I can give him objective ratings.

Azzurri7 said:
And plus, what about famous words you talking about????? grow the hell up...you're going silly and offtopic.
The famous words "Jog on, Son".

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Azzurri7 said:
I disagree, with our squad not winning the Champions League this year would be the "Sinking Ship"....

Looking at our Midfielder and the great options we have in attack and having 2great goalkeepers, not to forget from Canna till Zambo...

If there's time to win the Champions League, then this is the right time...We'll not always have the same players we have right now.
sinking ship = failure , we are not competing serie A teams there,we are competing the likes of Chelsea Barcelona Real Madrid Lyon along with Milan and Inter,so saying it will be a failure season for us to not win it will be rubish,you win you lose,you look at the next season it's like that,but if we had presidents like madrid and chelsea,the glory hunters,then you could say that (the sinking ship) since they sack coaches for that,we are not stupid like that ;)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Vinman said:
what the hell does anything have to do with where I live ???

bad argument there man.....

I dont expect us to "beat the shit out of everyone", but if you look at teams like Chelsea and Barca, not only do they get the 3 points...they DOMINATE !!!

We have the tools, but not the mechanic (Capello), to make them work in the best possible way

Dominic- I read 2 lines of your posts and realize your IQ is lower than the amount of goals in yesterdays game...jog on, son

Jeeks- that least amount of effort theory you talk about has gone out the window...

maybe at the beginning of the season it could have been said, but as time goes on, we struggle more

we are winning our games by talent alone, not by any gameplan

case and point- in our 2 losses against Milan and Bayern - teams with equal talent to ours, we were so outplayed, it was embarassing !! We were never in either game, and Cap could not make adjustments to stop the onslaught.

He doesnt make substitutions at the right times, and sometimes doesnt make any at all

think what you want, but posters like Rab, Andy, Denco, and myself see what lies ahead, and it dont look good

As Dominic said, you are not able to discuss any matter in a proper way. What kind of agrument was that you wrote about Dominic. That was a clear insult and very stupid. Any ways...
Not living in Europe, means not knowing the lifestyle of Europeans! As I wrote in my first post, Europeans rate the result higher than the performance. Football is the number one sport in Europe and every media reports about it. I will have to highly doubt that in America. I haven't seen reports about Juventus or other soccer teams in a bigger daily newspaper or in the TV. In Europe, we rate a team after its results and than after their performances. Its just my opinion!
Anyways, the point is that in a game against Palermo we can only loose and so the result and ONLY the resulr is important. The rest is nice, but forgotten after the next match! And doubting Capello as a manager is laughable! This guy has made it at any team he was and is still a great manager. He knows what he does and he knows the players better than you do! If he thinks that the players don't need a rest and he doesn't need a sub, than he is right! He knows the players, you don't know them and doubting a manager's work is never the right thing to do. Your opinion will never be as qualified as the one from a guy who won the CL and several scudettos. So stop crying. We are first with ten points in front of Inter! What do you need more?????????

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I would rate the team like this:
Abbiati 6.5
Pessotto 6
chiellini 5.5
Thuram 6
Cannavaro 6.5
Camoranesi 6.5
Mutu 7
vieira 6.5
Emerson 6.5
Trezeguet6.5-7
Zlatan 6

Capello 6.5

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
snoop said:
I would rate the team like this:
Abbiati 6.5
Pessotto 6
chiellini 5.5
Thuram 6
Cannavaro 6.5
Camoranesi 6.5
Mutu 7
vieira 6.5
Emerson 6.5
Trezeguet6.5-7
Zlatan 6

Capello 6.5
How could you give Trezeguet a 6.5-7? He was invisible for the whole match, wasnt involved in play, hardly won any air-duels and had like 2 shots on goal.

Also Viera was pretty bad in this match, he lost allot of balls in midfield where he wasnt even crowded many times.

The other ratings are fair.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Dominic said:
I think the first time was in this thread. Remind me if I have done so before.

I have no problems with you, I think you're great.

I can accept any criticism. I have done so myself towards Capello, but the comments i'm finding here more and more every week are unjust. I have great respect for great writers such as Andy and Denco. Though I do not agree with the bashing.

That Zlatan remark is a huge insult! I'm everything but a Zlatan fan, quite the opposite!. I think i've made that clear often enough. Doesn't mean I can give him objective ratings.

The famous words "Jog on, Son".
-It was two, both of them in this thread.

-Thanks for the compliment.

-You have done yourself towards Capello, yet I didn't come up here to tell you, you're trying too hard or anything like that...I always share with you..Though we dont have same opinion about our players and Coach, I admit I enjoy your posts and you're friendly sometimes...But I can't help you If you don't like my posts or don't like me.....

-Whats with Nick's phrase, am I not allow to say it???

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Shoryuken said:
How could you give Trezeguet a 6.5-7? He was invisible for the whole match, wasnt involved in play, hardly won any air-duels and had like 2 shots on goal.

Also Viera was pretty bad in this match, he lost allot of balls in midfield where he wasnt even crowded many times.

The other ratings are fair.
6.5 is not overrating for Trezeguet,he is always invisible,he appears with some beautiful shots in most of the matches,but he was very unluckt to score,secially that beatifull volley that hit the post,if that was a goal,I am sure you would give him 7.5,so that was unlucky to hit the post.and also he was in the right place when Dp asisted at the end of the match,but again unlucky to score.6.75 is fair IMO.

Vieira's rating is fair also..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
snoop said:
sinking ship = failure , we are not competing serie A teams there,we are competing the likes of Chelsea Barcelona Real Madrid Lyon along with Milan and Inter,so saying it will be a failure season for us to not win it will be rubish,you win you lose,you look at the next season it's like that,but if we had presidents like madrid and chelsea,the glory hunters,then you could say that (the sinking ship) since they sack coaches for that,we are not stupid like that ;)

you didn't get my post Snoop...

With the quality players we have, we Should atleast in may be in France..."atleast". That said that, I don't care wether It's Barca Lyon Chelsea, we have the quality we have classy player and great squad, which we didn't have in some time...specially in the last 3years under Lippi, Though the Cigar man managed to take us into the Finals with the likes of "Oldy Monter-Ferrara"..No good repl for buffon, we didn't have something called EmersonVieira...and having Zalayeta our only good attacking sub...

see what I mean now?

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
A_LAcki said:
my bad. Thats still a lot, isn't it?
Thats a hell of a lot, We should all be extatic.

Whatever happens in the CL has very little to do with Capellos inability to make the right decisions. Any team who wins it needs luck to do so, football is not an exact science, The Milan match is a great example of that.

I saw many people in here talking about getting outplayed and owned by Milan and other total bs when the match was very even in chances and both teams played good football.

They were lucky with 3 fumbly goals. We scored the only goal from organized team play. Thats something positive and i for one am not at all worried the next time we face them.

We have a great team this year and even if we dont manage to win the CL which we ceratinly could do if we hit a peak in form and dont get unlucky im still convinced this year will be a huge succes. There is really no point in predicting failure in the CL with the team we have and trying to place the blame on the coach who has an exceptional track record sofar.

Doing just that is just an easy way to make yourself look smart, I mean comeon what are the odds of us winning the CL? 6-1 and that is still nr 1 ranked. So betting against Juve is the safe bet and it is much harder to be optimistic and to stand by your team and unrealisticly predict them a s winners.

IMO people who cant be optimistic about our chances needs to learn a little something about team spirit. With the team we have and the way we have been playing there is no reason( except bullshit arguments) to not predict them as winners of the CL.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
snoop said:
6.5 is not overrating for Trezeguet,he is always invisible,he appears with some beautiful shots in most of the matches,but he was very unluckt to score,secially that beatifull volley that hit the post,if that was a goal,I am sure you would give him 7.5,so that was unlucky to hit the post.and also he was in the right place when Dp asisted at the end of the match,but again unlucky to score.6.75 is fair IMO.

Vieira's rating is fair also..
So you give him a 6,7 for hitting the bar? Youre pretty generous dawg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)