[Serie A] Palermo 2-0 Juventus, Oct 4th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't know what to say. I'm pretty dumbfounded at how awful, and how feeble, this squad looked.

And when Ciro saw the obvious problems and the two-goal deficit, he responds with De Ceglie and Grygera.

I'm actually a bit speechless. About the only players that probably didn't embarrass themselves today were Trezeguet and maybe Chiellini. The rest, you have to question whether they deserved to start today.

Doing a match report with player ratings is still pointless, because they completely failed at a team and nobody should be singled out for better or worse performance: they were all bad as a unit. And Ferrara takes a big chunk of responsibility for -- and I have no better word for it -- nonsensical subs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I will not rant because I already did, I will just to some ratings.

Buffon 6.5 Without him we would have seen a clearer image of the game, a 5-0 win for Palermo

Zebina 3 Simply adds nothing and totally outclassed and out-muscled by Blazretti.
Legrottaglie 3.5 He got owned all evening, I can't remember the last time I saw a defender getting owned that much.
Chiellini 6 Our best player on the pitch, also without him the score would have been a 5-0
Grosso 2 Just like Zebina but add laziness and less efficiency in taking free kicks.

Melo 4 It's like Giannichedda all over again
Poulsen 3 I am going to use Andy's description here and say that we got ourselves a new Blasi
Camoranesi 5.5 Our second best player on the pitch and the referee loves us for not sending him off because he deserved an early shower in the 40th minute
Diego 3 Our key player that instead of leading by example is simply being lead by his country man Amauri in being extremely useless

Iaquinta 3.5 You can't really blame a target man for not receiving any balls when there is simply NO LINK (Diego) between the lines. Also the times he got the ball he did well to lose it
Amauri 2 Get out of here

De Ceglie 5 Another player that tried but simply couldn't do more
Trezeguet 5 Only because he looked like he wanted to save the team but when there are no passers, what can he do?
Grygera 3 Uselessness once again

Ferrara 1.5 Stubborn, lame, predictable, bad substitutions, does not know how to adapt to situations and opponents, relies on a player or two who once did something good and last but not least a coward.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Great, now we have the international break, but with this Juve-ITALY most of the squad will be called up. So no rest either. :(
F--K just checked official site: Marcello Lippi calls-up 8 bianconeri

:sergio:

This whole Juve-Italy was a bad idea.

In the mean time, Samp probably dont get anyone called up by any NT and can rest for 2 weeks.

And us, probably with Camo injured again or smth like that.

We will not win the league already because of this sh-t.

JKane

May 31, 2001
being a good player is one thing, but this is something else. ferrara will have to show that he has got intelligence as well as balls in the coming weeks, that's for sure.

this team never wanted to win, we played like inter before 2006. 11 cowards not worthy of this shirt.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
how you guys managed to watch the second half is beyond me while a great game was taking place between sevilla and real madrid

we were a complete utter disaster tonight!!what hurst the most is watching how badly we struggled to create anytihng and giovinco is just rotting on the bench..what better circumstance to let him show what he can do

im completely bamboozled by ciro's subs..were down 2-0 and u take out our biggest threat for de ceglie and again starting with diego and zebina when theyre not fully magch fit and subbing them again is a huge mistake wasting 2 subs

amauri should be benched..hes become such a liability for us upfront..

MOTM SIMON KJAER..if we should take anything from todays game is that this guy would be a great acquisition for us..solid,composed and young

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
how you guys managed to watch the second half is beyond me while a great game was taking place between sevilla and real madrid

we were a complete utter disaster tonight!!what hurst the most is watching how badly we struggled to create anytihng and giovinco is just rotting on the bench..what better circumstance to let him show what he can do

im completely bamboozled by ciro's subs..were down 2-0 and u take out our biggest threat for de ceglie and again starting with diego and zebina when theyre not fully magch fit and subbing them again is a huge mistake wasting 2 subs

MOTM SIMON KJAER..if we should take anything from todays game is that this guy would be a great acquisition for us..solid,composed and young

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Absolutely disgraceful. Trying to forget this so called "performance" of ours as fast as possible. I love my Juve, but I won't let this shitty display ruin my week.

Now let us just hope that the team gets off their asses and start playing football.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am going to wait a little while before I bring on my post game analysis...i have some good points that will definitely be food for thought...then, after that i am going into an exodus from soccer for a while...i can't take this. I honestly need a break, maybe a week or two will do me well.

I have supported this team for almost 13 years and this is honestly the first time i have ever wanted to turn my tv off and read a book as that would have been more entertaining and less stressful.

I came to a conclusion to that I think we all here should seriously consider: It is much better conceding goals in the first half as it gives us an entire 2nd half of 45 mins to come to terms with how bad our team is playing. Had we conceded in the second or last 15 i would have killed someone...but, as expected i was prepared as it is always expected that we concede first and in the first half because we never start a game the way we should.

Sadly, sissoko returning will do nothing for us because still 60m dollars later we have no creativity. If Diego is marked out of the match we are done. Sissoko/Canna won't give us that edge we need.

Lastly, one more thing before I start my post game analysis: Simon Kjaer. Enough said.

Apr 15, 2006
Just when we had a glimpse of hope in seeing a performance improvement through Ciro, we lose it with 3 draws and a loss! When are we ever going to play great football? Will we ever see a drubbing like 5-0 or 6-0 from this team? I guess not with performances like this!

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)