[Serie A] Palermo 2-0 Juventus, Oct 4th, 2009 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
How can you draw conclusions about the quality of a squad before said squad has had the chance to allow all new players to settle fully or to put something resembling a full strength team out?
I'm not drawing conclusions about the quality of our squad here. I actually think our squad is great and certainly have the ability to win the scudetto. I just think it is really important to end this streak of draws at this time to boost the squad confidence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
To be honest, one could argue that Inter has changed more and needs more time to adapt (I am probably slightly exaggerating this). But still if you look at it, totally new attacking force (Milito, Eto, Sneidjer), new face in CD (Lucio), new midfielder in CM (Motta).

We "only" brought in Diego for Nedved, Melo for CZ. Ok we brought in many new faces as well, but the overall "face" stayed similar, especially if you take into consideration that in defence, the faces brought in dont need time to adapt, since they have played for NT together.

Of course we also have some disadvantages (like Inter having more experienced coach, and someone who is experienced winning titles), but imo its time to be a bit less juve biased. We def need to do really well this season (in serie A). I can live with 2nd place, and be couple of points of Inter, but just couple of points.

All this +12 or etc, would be a disappointment.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
52.5 million is chicken feed, considering what the rest of Europe has spent. I think we got real bargains in Diego and Cannavaro.
City, Real Madrid and Barcelona, thats the 3 teams I can think of directly that spent more then us (the first two with crazy figures). Can you think of many else? EPL teams besides City been rather modest, and La Liga spent zip besides the two big ones.

So yeah, other leagues clubs may be richer then italian ones a bit, but 52m is not chicken feed, and there is a select few clubs who spent more then that.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
City, Real Madrid and Barcelona, thats the 3 teams I can think of directly that spent more then us (the first two with crazy figures). Can you think of many else? EPL teams besides City been rather modest, and La Liga spent zip besides the two big ones.

So yeah, other leagues clubs may be richer then italian ones a bit, but 52m is not chicken feed, and there is a select few clubs who spent more then that.
Yes, 52m is indeed very significant especially imo, Juve has always been a prudent club in player purchases compared to the 2 Milan clubs and the other big guns of Europe.

The only season that I can think of where we spent this "lavishly" was in the summer where Zidane left and Nedved joined.

Out:
Zidane, Inzaghi

In:
Nedved, Buffon, Thuram, Salas

I do not have the figures of transfer and I highly doubt the ones in Wiki is accurate but I do think Juve forked out a lot on its own even though its partially financed by Zidane's sale.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes, 52m is indeed very significant especially imo, Juve has always been a prudent club in player purchases compared to the 2 Milan clubs and the other big guns of Europe.

The only season that I can think of where we spent this "lavishly" was in the summer where Zidane left and Nedved joined.

Out:
Zidane, Inzaghi

In:
Nedved, Buffon, Thuram, Salas

I do not have the figures of transfer and I highly doubt the ones in Wiki is accurate but I do think Juve forked out a lot on its own even though its partially financed by Zidane's sale.
I don't know why...but I like your sig.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Buffon

Zebina/Cáceres - Legro - Chiellini - Grosso

Camo - Felipe - De Ceglie (LMF)

Diego

Trezeguet - Giovinco​

Please...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Even though its not "must win" time yet, i think its important that we win this game convincingly. People missing or not we need to send a message but destroying one of the good teams in the league on their turf.

marchi is rested and hes been the most consistent midfielder we have. Poulsen should slot right in, so it will be interesting how he goes. We'll be losing some creativity and venture forward.

Amauri needs to do the simple things right and try and get into the right positions instead of trying to do everything and he will score in no time. Lets hope its sooner than later.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
Eℓvin;2166608 said:
Buffon

Zebina/Cáceres - Legro - Chiellini - Grosso/De Ceglie

Camo - Felipe - Marchisio

Diego

Trezeguet - Giovinco​

Please...
Marchisio is rested for this game , Elvino .get other mid on your formation :D

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I don't know why...but I like your sig.
You can mix more positions here, Hus ...

POSITIONS:
Calciatore- Soccer/football player.
Giocatore- A player, giocare is the verb “to play”
Portiere- Goalkeeper, I find it funny in France he’s called “le gol.”
Allenatore- The coach, often called “il mister.”
Arbitro- The referee
Guardalinee- The linesman

La difensa- The defense
Difensore centrale- Central defender.
Stopper- Same as in English, a stopper. There aren’t too many of these around, they were usually used in combination with a libero. Claudio Gentile was one of the greatest stoppers for Juventus.
Libero- Like stoppers, this position doesn’t really exist in the modern game, but in English it is a sweeper. For an idea of what these used to be, read my Juventus Legends post on Gaetano Scirea, who was probably one of the finest liberos alongside Beckenbauer.
Terzino- Fullback
Sinistro- Left, along with destro can be used for a lot of things. When yelled by itself, it usually means a shot from the left or right foot. A terzino sinistro would be a left-back.
Destro- Right, see above. Obviously these can be applied to any words, not just defenders.
Volante- Literally means flying, usually applied to terzini who attack, another words a terzino volante would be a wingback like Grosso.

Centrocampista- Midfielder
Centrale- An all-around central midfielder, ie- Marchisio.
Mediano- Defensive midfielder, one who recovers the ball and breaks up play. These players usually can’t dribble too well, can’t shoot, can’t pass, but their role is still vital.
Regista- Literally, it means director, as in movies. And hence what the player does, he is a “deep-lying playmaker” who sits back and “directs” the play. These players often are not very good defensively and are paired with a mediano. Ie- Andrea Pirlo is a regista, Gattuso is a mediano. For Juve, we don’t have a regista but Sissoko, Melo, and Poulsen are mediani.
Trequartista- Literally it means 3/4ers, referring to where they play, not in the final quarter of the pitch, but just behind. They are the classic #10s, who play behind the strikers right outside the area di rigore. They have to be very creative, good with the ball at their feet, and generally having a good eye for goal. Diego and Giovinco are our current trequartistas, Nedved occasionally played there but the last one we really had in the team is Zidane. Del Piero can play there, but he usually plays further up as a “seconda punta.” Fantastista is often a synonym, but it just means a creative player who dazzles us.
Laterale- This is a midfielder that plays on the side, a “side-midfielder.” I avoid saying winger because I have that connotation as a more attacking player. Typically, these players play on the side of a 4-4-2, Nedved and Camoranesi are examples.
Ala- A winger, more like Cristiano Ronaldo. You won’t see this too much in Italy, because Italy has never produced those kind of players. Any young winger is converted most of the time into a terzino volante, ie- what will probably happen to Abate. Brazil and South America in general have plenty of these, but Italy has trouble producing enough laterales to begin with.

Attaccante- The generic word for a striker or forward.
Prima Punta- Punta has a lot of definitions, but a “point” I guess would be the best one. Prima means first, so a prima punta is a striker who plays far up and is a reference point for attack. These are usually the big goalscorers, and it can be a variety of forms- Pacey players, like Iaquinta, poachers, like Trezegol or Inzaghi, or big men up front, like Luca Toni or Amauri. Generally they are the less creative player and their position is relatively fixed at the head of the squad. A synonym for this is “centravanti” or literally, forward.
Seconda Punta- This has a decent translation, as a “second striker.” This is the more creative of the forwards, also known as a “support striker” because his job is to also create and carve out assists for the other players, this position is of course is filled at Juventus by il capitano, Del Piero. Often there’s confusion between a seconda punta in English and a trequartista because they both are creative, have an eye for goal, and frequently wear #10. Also, since the players have similar characteristics they can often play both positions. The difference is in the positioning, seconda puntas play further up top, though they do have considerable more amount of freedom than prima puntas in moving around.
Attaccante di peso- Literally means “striker of weight.” And that’s what he is, it is a prima punta who uses his body strength and physical stature to score goals, Amauri would be a case of this. These types of forwards are typically very good in the air and score headers.
Il bomber, attaccante di rapina- Bomber is obviously borrowed from English, the second is interesting, it means literally a striker who robs. Basically they refer to the same kind of player, a prima punta who knows how to score and thats it, Inzaghi, Trez, a poacher. A bomber can be referred to as any player who scores a ton, however.

More here ...
Alessio’s Comprehensive Calcio Dictionary
http://juventus.theoffside.com/team-news/alessios-comprehensive-calcio-dictionary.html

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
After I saw fucking Inter win the game 46 seconds before injury time ended I feel even more bad about fucking Bologna draw.Udinese should win yesterday.Di Natale did not have any luck.They were better team in the second half.
I wish today we win.We must start a game in a way that we are not satisfied with a draw,be concetrated on the game whole time and we will win.I expect best perormance from Diego,and Amauri will give his life in order to score.
But one thing is a must:No Poulsen please,not that snail.Better we play with 10 men than with him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Lyon, Genoa, Inter and Bayern spent more than us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)