[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (5 Viewers)

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
iaquinta should go...i will be so glad to sell him for 12 million or above...he is useless in our team..doesnt add anything at all..i say sell him and lets get diego milito!!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I m glad for Treze, he really needed that goal to boost his morale and help him come back.
I am still worried about Camo's fitness issues.
I am also glad watching Chiellini back, right at the right moment (one match before Chelsea)
What a great goal by Sissoko, his forward instincts are honed as the time passes by. Expect to see more of that in the future! He may not improve his passing, but he can help otherwise...

Balza > Moli
sub Iaq > starter Iaq
rested Neddy > tired Neddy

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I m glad for Treze, he really needed that goal to boost his morale and help him come back.
I am still worried about Camo's fitness issues.
I am also glad watching Chiellini back, right at the right moment (one match before Chelsea)
What a great goal by Sissoko, his forward instincts are honed as the time passes by. Expect to see more of that in the future! He may not improve his passing, but he can help otherwise...

Balza > Moli
sub Iaq > starter Iaq
rested Neddy > tired Neddy
Balza is thier LB, right ???? he is good how old is he ???

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Honestly, I wouldn't care about Molinaro if he dies or leaves Juve. The player blows and people just have to accept that.
I don't think anyone thinks he is good, but there is no point in constantly criticising him, especially when he is improving.

Feel free to criticise the management for not signing a better LB, though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Is Balzaretti a midfielder or a defender? Because he strikes me as a pure winger.
He's a better attacker than Molinaro, worse defender, and a little better overall than Moli, but until he learns that he needs to play defense and until he learns how to play defense, he'll keep playing for mid-table teams and the better teams (where defense is of huge importance) won't even want to hear about him.

He's 27, btw.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Is Balzaretti a midfielder or a defender? Because he strikes me as a pure winger.
He's a better attacker than Molinaro, worse defender, and a little better overall than Moli, but until he learns that he needs to play defense and until he learns how to play defense, he'll keep playing for mid-table teams and the better teams (where defense is of huge importance) won't even want to hear about him.

He's 27, btw.
Balzaretti is only better crossing and passing the ball. But defending/stamina/marking he isn't even close.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Don't agree with the defending part.
Lol, I expected you to disagree on this.

Seriously, I see Molinaro miles ahead of Balzaretti when it comes to defending. Molinaro has improved a lot, probably not everyone is noticing it, but he's one hard defender to beat nowadays I'm afraid.

Btw, he has been our best player overall for the last 1month +, If not more.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Balzaretti is only better crossing and passing the ball. But defending/stamina/marking he isn't even close.
Well, Balza has the talent (what Moli unfortunately doesn't have). In the opponent's part of the pitch he's much better than Moli in everything. Not only crossing and passing, but everything else regarding the attack (shooting etc). He is also very fast (although not as fast as Moli) and he's using his speed very well.

But he's really bad as a defender. I have no idea how can Andy disagree with that. Not only that he lacks defensive skills but he also forgets that he needs to track back and play some defense instead of being stuck in attack.

In ideal world Molinaro should never play for a big team, but neither should Balzaretti......unless he's a sub for the ML, because that's what he is, a midfielder, not a defender.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Rab, you mean defender, right?

Alen, i dont think that he means that Balza is a good def, but rather that Moli isnt any better than him... His man marking, tackle, tactical awareness isnt so much better to prove otherwise... Any kind of core skills a defender should have are also absent!

If Balza, DC, or any other "winger" out there had the same opportunities Moli had to become a better defender, he would have been at least as good as him, (at defending too, mostly because of teamwork, thats the only reason Moli stands out there).
And Moli has only increased his performances lately, not because of his defensive skills, but his nearly helpful contributions forward...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, Balza has the talent (what Moli unfortunately doesn't have). In the opponent's part of the pitch he's much better than Moli in everything. Not only crossing and passing, but everything else regarding the attack (shooting etc). He is also very fast (although not as fast as Moli) and he's using his speed very well.

But he's really bad as a defender. I have no idea how can Andy disagree with that. Not only that he lacks defensive skills but he also forgets that he needs to track back and play some defense instead of being stuck in attack.

In ideal world Molinaro should never play for a big team, but neither should Balzaretti......unless he's a sub for the ML, because that's what he is, a midfielder, not a defender.
I think you're harsh on Molinaro again Alen. Some of us need to cho se on whether to give him a real chance or not to, to me he keeps on improving. I really noticed also how calmly he's reacting with the ball at his feet, 1 2 passes between him and Pavel or Tiago. The man is willing to improve and it's really obvious.

Cronios, no he's been our best player not only as a defender.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Balza, DC, or any other "winger" out there had the same opportunities Moli had to become a better defender, he would have been at least as good as him
Seriously. The guy has been playing constantly for over a year. It's like Molinaro is the first person on the team sheet no matter how bad he's been. Talk about getting a free ride while not deserving it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)