[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (3 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ha ha ha:lol: ,
i bet you are only saying this, because our captain was on the bench:p
However that would explain our crisis, which is hopefully now over!
It's not what I'm saying or based on my opinion. It's the ratings and the vote he got for the last 1month +. He has been voted player of the month.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He has been voted player of the month.
And what's even more important, the Juventus fans chose him the player of the month.
Thousands of juve fans on the official site (only the members voted, not fans of other clubs) thought that he was the best.
Cron will say it's because everyone else was awful, and it's true that the others underperformed, but you'll be fooling yourselves if you think that Molinaro didn't play very well.

P.S: Looks like huge majority of Juve fans can't see how awful Molinaro is and how he's the cancer of this team. Only a chosen dozen on this forum realizes that Molinaro is destroying Juve.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But the player doesn't add anything. If he's been our best player for the past month, that's a pretty scary thought and explains a lot about the team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And what's even more important, the Juventus fans chose him the player of the month.
Thousands of juve fans on the official site (only the members voted, not fans of other clubs) thought that he was the best.
Cron will say it's because everyone else was awful, and it's true that the others underperformed, but you'll be fooling yourselves if you think that Molinaro didn't play very well.
I have never seen a professional footballer baby-d along and given such a chance to shine like this player. From an automatic spot on the team sheet and Channel 4 asserting he could be called up for Italy, he can do no wrong to some people.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
P.S: Looks like huge majority of Juve fans can't see how awful Molinaro is and how he's the cancer of this team. Only a chosen dozen on this forum realizes that Molinaro is destroying Juve.
forum members here do overexagerate a lot.
many have so hardened opinions about players, that they can not watch certain players objectively.. like azzurri7 with del piero and cron with molinaro ...

if you watched molinaro closer and with no prejudice than you would see that he sticks his foot in, when it is important and often helps others that did leave space open. last game he for example did prevent a dangerous counterattack after we had a corner ... he did clear the ball on the left side before palermo could play the counter attack while our centre backs were still in their penalty box. but people here will say "oh yes, someone did clear the ball" and not even notice it was molinaro. if they saw it was molinaro they would say "here he clears the ball again, instead of doing a good pass".

it is not rare that molinaro is there just to disturb players that exploited the tacticall errors of other players, because he can pretty quick close down players that seem to have already gone through

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Great display by certain individuals, but a typical performance by the team as a whole. I am certainly pleased with the result as the trip to Sicily is always a difficult journey. The midfield duo of Sissoko and Tiago is the partnership that should be used here on out, as the balance between them is something the team needs. The defensive effort on the sides, however, was once again shambolic despite the final score. One would think that using the straight 4-4-2 would provide us with defensive solidity on the wings, but that is not the case. So people claiming that we should use this system because it's strong defensively are living a lie; a false sense of security if you will. If Chelsea wins on aggregate, it will be through exploiting our wings, something we could guard against by switching the formation, using the right players, and attacking more centrally. Our formation right now yields as much defensive security as the 4-3-3 and nobody knows it.

AMAZING performance by Momo Sissoko. This player is quickly becoming the world's best defensive midfielder, and in a couple years I predict he will be the world's best as long as he can get his passing in order. Screw Vieira - this player makes him look like the snot-shirt man from France that he happens to be. That goal today is a testament to his ability and a small glimpse of what the player could become. All that needs to be done is practice on passing and decision making with the ball, something this athlete has the ability to learn. I actually foresee myself buying a Sissoko 22 jersey in the near future - the player is AMAZING.

By the way, nice performance by Balzaretti, a player who is always blasted on these forums despite being a good and loyal player to us. I love it how he shows time and time again that we should not have traded him away for shit. And yes, we all know who that shit is. We should have kept him as he's a better option than what we have now.

Buffon - The defensive savior again. 8

Grygera - Liability at best. 5

Legrottaglie - Have seen better. Much better. 6

Chiellini - Overall solid. 6.5

Molinaro - Burke described this player adequately. He said, "Molinaro is like a mentally retarded kid becoming only marginally retarded by the grace of nature. Even so, he's still retarded." Stop praising mediocrity and get a better player FFS. 5.5

Camoranesi - Obviously still trying to find his feet.

Sissoko - We love you, big guy. Just work on passing a little! 8.5

Tiago - Perfect compliment for Momo. He's a top-notch player who can get the job done, as I have said all along. 7

Nedved - A better performance than usual, something that is very sad to say. 6.5

Trezeguet - Glad to see he still has his shooting boots on... at least mentally. 7

Iaquinta - This player just doesn't add much besides missed opportunities. 5.5

Poulsen - In my view, still a bullshit transfer. No rating for today.

Ranieri - 8 - But only because he worked with Sissoko in the past, so that deserves to be praised.

Overall, I am happy with the result.
As you have mentioned and many others the problem lies with the individuals. Grygera's form lately has been horrible, and legro drifts off from time to time. Also molinaro(although he has improved) is not the best defender.

I don't think any system with the same individuals would give us more solidity as that is not the problem.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Molinaro defends better than Balzaretti, but Balzaretti is not that bad defender some of you claim, but attacking wise (that's where a wing-back's quality is) he is miles ahead, overall, without any doubt, Balzaretti is the better player, the better left back.

I believe Molianro can make a good defensive midfielder. Stealing passes and helping the defense with his speed.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It's not what I'm saying or based on my opinion. It's the ratings and the vote he got for the last 1month +. He has been voted player of the month.
The fans vote with their heart first and with their logic then.
I m sure they were pity of the poor Molinaro who is trying hard to learn football at this age...
They also punished some of the better players who actually had some expectations from!
But i de say that Moli was one of the least affected by the absence of Chiellini, mostly because he has practically no responsibilities in our back line...

Molinaro > Balzaretti, no doubt. Balza plays good every 5 matches, nothing more.
And Moli does good once once every 2 seasons:lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Molinaro defends better than Balzaretti, but Balzaretti is not that bad defender some of you claim, but attacking wise (that's where a wing-back's quality is) he is miles ahead, overall, without any doubt, Balzaretti is the better player, the better left back.

I believe Molianro can make a good defensive midfielder. Stealing passes and helping the defense with his speed.
So you want to take Molinaro, a player who has enough trouble dealing with about 180 degrees in front of him, and put him in a position where he's exposed to 360 degrees of pressure?

Sorry, Snoop, but that's not going to work.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As you have mentioned and many others the problem lies with the individuals. Grygera's form lately has been horrible, and legro drifts off from time to time. Also molinaro(although he has improved) is not the best defender.

I don't think any system with the same individuals would give us more solidity as that is not the problem.
The system is at fault for out lack of attacking fluidity.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm perfectly happy to slam Molinaro for bone-headed play as much as the next guy. The difference between me and you, Andy, is that I don't hold a grudge when he plays well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I'm perfectly happy to slam Molinaro for bone-headed play as much as the next guy. The difference between me and you, Andy, is that I don't hold a grudge when he plays well.
what are you talking about? you're pathetic for not slamming Molinaro every time you write a post

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Molinaro defends better than Balzaretti, but Balzaretti is not that bad defender some of you claim,
I think he is, not only because his defensive skills are pretty bad, but like i said, he rarely goes back to defend.
You can check all the goals Palermo conceded, or you can simply check our goals from yesterday. On both goals Palermo had 3 of the 4 defenders at the back, in the box, and only one was missing- Balzaretti. (for the second goal he even stopped in our part of the pitch to fix his boots and he was jogging back). Molinaro on the other hand is always there to defend, always.

but attacking wise (that's where a wing-back's quality is)
The full backs are primarly defenders. They are part of the back 4 and their main job is to defend their side. In attack there is the winger who is more responsible for crossing and creating and the full back is only upgrading the attack on that side, but at the back there is no-one to help him.
Being as great in attack as in defense (or at least close to it) is what seperates a great full back from the good/average/bad full backs but if you're not a good defender you must be a Danny Alves and be fantastic in attack to be concidered a great full back (and even Alves is miles ahead of Balza in defending).

Of course, there are exceptions of the rule and some can be concidered great full backs even if they aren't great in one of defending/attacking (Alves, Thuram), but for 99% of them that's the case. First you must be good in defense and your qualities in attack are only a bonus. If you're not good in defense then you shouldn't even play LB/RB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)